Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Mensoian: Translating the A.R.F. Roadmap to Regime Change into Action (Part II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mensoian: Translating the A.R.F. Roadmap to Regime Change into Action (Part II)

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
    Thanks for the reply, very interesting.
    No problem. It is a pleasure.

Comment

Re: Mensoian: Translating the A.R.F. Roadmap to Regime Change into Action (Part II)

Մահ կամ ազատութիւն Անուշ ջան

Comment

Originally posted by iversonmania View Post
        I was too young to understand politics back then. but can someone inform me, why tashnag banned from armenia back then and what happened?

I also hear it reached even jailing ARF figures from outside armenia ( like shahe barsoumian in lebanon was jailed ..)
        Back than in begining of 90s there was an antinational regim og Levon in power. They hated everything they couldnt controll. Thankfully they are long gone but not far....

Comment

Originally posted by ashot24 View Post
          Because they are ultra nationalists, and the Soviet regime wouldn't led these groups to raise to power or have any influence in any of the Soviet republics because they meant a danger to the security of the USSR, something they couldn't allow. That's why they banned and kicked them out of the Armenian SSR, but they kept strong in the diaspora

I think the question was about more recent events....

(and not in every diaspora, because my country's Armenian diaspora has no Dashnaks and wouldn't accept them to come)

Well what you say is very waired, as I know there are strong Dashnak organizations in Urugvay and Argentina.

Also no wonder that run aways from their own country wouldnt like real patriots there...
          Last edited by Mukuch; 01-07-2010, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
            I think the question was about more recent events....
            Yeah, but it's also good to know recent events were influenced by past issues.

Well what you say is very waired, as I know there are strong Dashnak organizations in Urugvay and Argentina.
            Yes there are, there are also in Colombia, Venezuela, and Peru, all of them countries near to us. Ecuador is the exception, why? Well, we aren't even considered a social minority here, hence there are no real census of Armenians living in Ecuador because we don't even make a little number in the population's percentage. Me and my friends did a census ourselves, and we were about 200 people back in 2007, and now we're less because many have returned to Armenia, which let me tell you is a complete odyssey.

Also no wonder that run aways from their own country wouldnt like real patriots there...
            Yeah of course...

Look, we have done so much in this country to fight for it to recognize the Armenian Genocide, and because of what we've done so far it is taught as part of History in all high schools and universities in a compulsory way. We have fought to build a little church, memorials, etc. we have asked endlessly for the government and the international embassies here to provide us with a connection to Armenia and to help us sending little contributions to our homeland, we have fought to keep our culture alive and have organized conventions and participated representing Armenia and her culture within contests and programs around the country, and many many more...and all of this being middle-class people in a country where other diaspora minorities are wealthy people with high social status and with dozens of international organizations providing them with money, while we all have to do things investing from our pockets.

Oh we are patriotic, but then again I don't know what your definition of 'patriot' is. We have never needed anyone to remember us where we come from or anyone helping us to achieve the little things we've achieved. If that isn't real patriotism, then I don't know what it is.
            Last edited by ashot24; 01-07-2010, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X