Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

98 year old woman murders 100 year old nursing home roomate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 year old woman murders 100 year old nursing home roomate

The dementia sufferer has been indicted on a second-degree murder charge that alleges she choked Miss Barrow because she thought her fellow resident was "taking over the room."

Victim Elizabeth Barrow Photo: AP

Lundquist has been to a state mental hospital in Massachusetts, United States, for evaluation. Her lawyer, Carl Levin, said she has a "long-standing diagnosis of dementia, as well as issues of cognitive impairment."

She is believed to be the oldest murder defendant in the history of Massachusetts but might never go to trial because of her mental health issues.

Miss Barrow, her room-mate at the Brandon Woods nursing home in Dartmouth, was found dead in her bed September 24 with a plastic bag tied around her head. Police initially speculated it was a suicide, but a medical examiner ruled it a murder after a post mortem indicated strangulation.

Miss Barrow's son, Scott Barrow, has said Lundquist complained to nursing home officials about the number of visitors his mother received. He also has said Lundquist had made "threatening" and "harassing" remarks to her.

Local prosecutor Sam Sutter said Lundquist suffered from paranoia and "harboured hostility towards the victim" and thought Barrow "was taking over the room they shared."

The two women had been room-mates for about a year. Scott Barrow has said he asked nursing home officials to separate the women, but they assured him the two were getting along.

In a statement, the nursing home said the room-mates acted like sisters, walked and ate lunch together daily and said, "Goodnight, I love you," to each other every night.

source

Re: 98 year old woman murders 100 year old nursing home roomate

What a crazy story, that's just sick.
    Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Why is she in a nursing home? Looks to me like she could work as an undercover agent.... nobody would suspect 0098 of being able to strangle the bad guys.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

KanadaHye jan, The one in the picture is the 100 year old Miss Barrow. She looked so with it and very good for her age. Miss Barrow was murdered by the 98 year old Lundquist, that is what was said in the article. It's a sheer shame.

I have stories to tell. When last year my mom fell badly and she needed brain surgery to remove the blood cloth from her brain; after the hospital stay she had stayed at a rehab for about a month. It was a nightmare, even though my brother and I were visiting her twice every day. I would bring to her at the rehab homecooking lunches every noon as the food in there was uuuggghhh. My mother didn't like it most of the time. At least three people that worked in there were abusive and we had a big fight with them. One of them for instance was pushing her to exercise more and more and without her knee band on one leg; because she had very bad arthro-rumatism and she couldn't exercise without the knee band on one leg. That wicked wicked woman yelled at her and insisted that she takes it off. Then my brother went to the head and complained and put her in her place. Just about two or three days before my mom was to leave the rehab, a black man sat her so fiercely and in the wrong way on her wheelchair that he broke one of my mother's ribs. Then when she hurt so and told about it to the nurse's aid, she said cruelly to my mother, "what did you expect him to do?" Thank goodness my mom soon left and I wouldn't let anyone else to take care of my mother after that. I didn't trust anyone period!

I am glad that by taking care of her, now I have more memories of my mother. Such as life dear forum members, enjoy your loved ones every day and make it count!

Comment

Working...
        X