Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Second Annual HyeClub Forum Awards!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Second Annual HyeClub Forum Awards!

Originally posted by Federate View Post
    *Clears his throat as he approaches the podium*

Greetings comrades. First off, I would like to thank everyone who participated in the voting for this year's HyeClub awards. We had great participation with tons of nominations despite the holiday season and can hope it was can be even greater next year. I also want to thank my lovely wife, Siggie who has supported me and my activity on this forum for the longest time... sirem kezi hokis, it was great working with you to set up these awards and even better to win Most Intelligent Poster with you =o*. Secondly, I am honoured to have received as many nominations and votes as I did from all of you. I did not expect these results at all which is why I would like to take my time to write this victory speech. This can only strengthen my dedication to help make this forum an sea of information and cordial discussions that help each and every one of us Armenians preserve what is or should be very dear to us, our identity. Thirdly, I would like to thank all the other nominees.

Congratulations to PepsiAddict for winning as many awards as he did. *Points to Pepsi in the crowd* You're obviously very happy with your wins Peppy, congratulations. I am not sure you understand what just happened but hey, as long as you're happy then it's alright. As you say "LOL good one Federate". At least you got to share one of the awards with freakyfreaky who I am certain you really like.

*Looks for bell-the-cat* Bell? Where is he? Oh well. Wherever you are Bell, I would like to thank you as well for offering differing opinions on certain issues. I just hope you'll cool down a little, man You don't want to de-throne Crimson Glow next year do you? Speaking of Crimson Glow, I think it is fair to say that the root of Crimson Glow's win was not his activity on the forum but mostly in the chat. Otherwise, he has been a cool cucumber on the forum and has had excellent debates on various issues and recently published his magnus opus History of the Armenian Genocide which is a recommended read to all.

*Looks back* Can we get the spotlight on ara87 and ArmSurvival please? Oh, yeah there you go. Having co-won the underrated award previously, I can say that nothing bad ever came out of that and on the contrary perhaps helped me win all these awards this year. Keep up the good work guys, I particularly enjoy reading ArmSurvival's posts and the award you won is testament that I am not the only one. Catharsis can also be considered underrated in my books considering he is a new poster and has won the respective awards in just a short few months. Hope you stay with us for long Catharsis, we could use you and your knowledge around here. Ninetoyadome is also a relatively new member of these forums and would like to thank him for sticking around and posting as much as he does. Dude, don't sweat, i'm sure a simple explanation to your username choice will solve the mystery behind 'ninetoyadome'

A big congratulations to jgk3 who was nominated to almost all the categories (minus 'Loose Cannon' and those won by PepsiAddict) and co-won Most Intelligent Poster with myself and Siggie, one of the most prestigious wins at the awards. Jgk3 is a model poster for all our members who has earned universal respect here. A round of applause to him. Another member who has earned universal respect here has been Anonymouse, something that is always good when you are an administrator. While Anonymouse has been busy as of late in real life, our voters demonstrated that he is still the undisputed popular poster.

I would also like to congratulate iFemale who had a strong run this year in various categories and won the Best Username award. Your creativity has payed off Fem and I see you really appreciate your award, handing out iPods left and right, pretty generous of you. Oh, I have a little something for you too *pulls out a sharpie from his pocket and throws it to Fem in the crowd* . Don't abuse it, eh?

Hmmm, let's see, I can't find KanadaHye anywhere. Has anyone seen the dude? I kinda miss his funniness. Who will I turn to now when I complain about a certain country's involvement in every other country's politics? Oh well, I guess I can hand you the award personally next time i'm in your part of the Great White North.

Oh, and thank you LadySilver, Pedro Xaramillo and SilverLining for being very patient with me on that Christmas Day , you know what I mean. And SweetStuff, I see that you finally got to see the results you have been dying to know and are satisfied. Perhaps your cousin will let you hold her award .

Anyway I think i'm pulling a Muhammar Gadhafi at the UN kind of speech so i'll stop here. Once again thank everyone for their part and for making this forum as great as it is.

Oh and one last thing, I have given the order and TomServo and yerazhishda are to be executed by sunset today for inciting subversion of state power. TomServo will be executed by impalement and yerazhishda by crucifixion. Good day gentlemen .
    No I wanna hold your award(s) Fed, may I? Pweeez!
    Get high on that sweet stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
      Why would I receive punishment? I think you are all forgetting that I am something of a king on this forum. I'll take all your awards away and change the names on them.
      If your King then that makes me Queen!

Comment

Sexual harassment?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetStuff View Post
          If your King then that makes me Queen!
          No. Positively no.

Comment

No. Positively no.
            You cannot be a King without a Queen, One-Way. Sorry to burst your HyeClub bubble.

Comment

No. Positively no.
              Yes. Negatively yes.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetStuff View Post
                No I wanna hold your award(s) Fed, may I? Pweeez!
                I'll think about it. In the meantime, you can ask to hold one of PepsiAddict's awards, i'm sure he'll be more than willing to let you touch
                Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

I think we've already established that PepsiAddict is sharing with me, a thank a you a very a much a!

Comment

Sorry I don't share my awards with anyone.
                    Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Don't apologize, you never have a choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X