Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Second Annual HyeClub Forum Awards!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Annual HyeClub Forum Awards!

SECOND ANNUAL HYECLUB FORUM AWARDS

January 6, 2010

Testing...1...2...oh, it's on . Greetings ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the Second Annual HyeClub Forum Awards. Tonight is the night you have all been waiting for. Here is the forum's Christmas gift to you all!

BEST THREAD

…and the winners are…

Armenia and the information war and Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan!

These two politically-driven threads dominated this year's voting, leaving last year's winner Ankap! and its runner-up Rise of the Russian Empire in the dust. A round of applause to both Federate and ZORAVAR for creating these two threads that have attracted hundreds of posts and tens of thousands of views.

Armenia and the information war is a thread devoted to exposing the misinformation that Azerbaijan, Turkey and its allies have spread throughout the Internet and the media about Armenia and to help Armenians become aware of this.

Nagorno-Karabakh Military Balance analyses the strengths of Armenia's, Artsakh's and Azerbaijan's militaries while they re-train and re-supply their forces as they work to find a solution to the frozen conflict known as the Artsakh war. It prominently features our local military expert and creator of the thread ZORAVAR which has provided us with valuable information that is very hard to find anywhere else.

---

MOST PATRIOTIC POSTER

…and the winner is…

FEDERATE!
    Runner-ups: Anoush and Hellektor

Federate wins this one in a landslide. His heart is simply devoted to Armenia and the Armenian Cause, people. Lovely Anoush and fiery and passionate Hellektor take second place in a tie.

---

MOST CONTROVERSIAL POSTER

…and the winner is…

BELL-THE-CAT!
    Runner-up:arabaliozian

Initially Bell and ara were tied but a last minute voter broke the tie and Bell took it. Bell-the-cat has been banned on this site before and that's just one of the factors that add to his controversy. He has been involved in many disputes with a wide-array of users revolving around Armenian history and has been critical of the approaches Armenians take in general. These have often ended up in flame wars. He was notably involved in a dispute with self-exiled member Armenian in the Armenology thread.

---

MOST HELPFUL POSTER

…and the winner is…

FEDERATE!
    Runner-ups: Siggie

Federate is always one that is ready to answer your questions about anything or to guide new users and welcome them to the forum. He has also devoted many hours into helping Armenians improve their mother language. I am sure he is very happy to accept this award.

---

MOST RANDOM POSTER

…and the winners are…

FREAKYFREAKY and PEPSIADDICT!

freakyfreaky, a veteran member of HyeClub, took home his first award with his contributions to Ankap! and his undying love to the colour green. He takes this award with PepsiAddict always seems to chime in with news and facts that are completely useless.

---

---

MOST LIKELY TO BE A BOT

…and the winner is…

PEPSIADDICT!
    Runner-ups: CRDA-FRANCE

After this win, PepsiAddict should start working for Yahoo News in the celebrity deaths section.

---

POSTER YOU MOST WANT TO HANG OUT WITH

…and the winner is… well we have a multiple way tie so i'll just go ahead and declare that the winner is...

EVERYONE!

It seems that our members just love everyone else SO much that they all want to hang out. HyeClub meeting, anyone?

---

AND NOW, LIVE ALL THE WAY FROM LA...SYSTEM OF A DOWN!

---

MOST UNDERRATED POSTER

…and the winners are…

ARA87 & ARMSURVIVAL!

Similar to last year, we have not one but TWO underrated members who co-win this award. Ara87's questions on this forum have led to very interesting threads, a notable one being about the borders of Nagorno-Karabakh.

As for ArmSurvival, this is his first ever award. He has enriched our forum with his excellent knowledge on the Armenian genocide and his analysis of Armenia's political affairs.

I hope this award gives out the recognition you two deserve, just like it did to last year's winners - Federate and jgk3.

---

LOOSE CANNON (VOLATILE)

…and the winner is…

CRIMSON GLOW!
    Runner-up: Mukuch

Known more for his volatility in the chat under his nom de guerre aperson, Crimson Glow is another well-respected veteran of the forum that has made quite the impression on the rest of the members to win the award for this inaugural category.

---

COOL CUCUMBER (EVEN-TEMPERED)

…and the winner is…

JGK3!

Jgk3's master Yoda temperament coupled with his Zen-like calm has propelled him to his victory.

---

FUNNIEST POSTER

…and the winner is…

KANADAHYE!

KanadaHye has constantly brightened our days with his funny one-liners and his humouristic take on humanity's everyday lives. His sarcasm also never shies away from amusing us. Congrats KanadaHye, never take life too seriously .

---

MOST INTELLIGENT POSTER

…and the winners are…

FEDERATE, JGK3 AND SIGGIE!

Having three winners for most intelligent poster is never a bad thing. For the first time in the history of the awards, we have a three-way tie for a category. Congratulations, nerds.

---

LEAST INTELLIGENT POSTER

…and the winner is…

PEPSIADDICT!

Unfortunately for PepsiAddict, he took this victory in a landslide in the most unanimous of the categories for which we are handing out our awards for. Pepsi has also retained his title as this is his second-straight year at the top (or bottom).

---

BEST AVATAR

…and the winner is…

FEDERATE!

Federate takes this one with not much competition. The bearded, gap-toothed man in his avatar, which he claims to be a cartoon version of him, has surely been a hit.

---

WORST AVATAR

…and the winner is…

PEPSIADDICT!

Perhaps no one changes their avatar more than PepsiAddict and everyone has voiced their complaints through their votes. And now, PepsiAddict has posted the most ironic of avatars. Congratulations PepsiAddict, you have OBVIOUSLY deserved this award

---

AND NOW, LET'S ALL INVITE THE LEGENDARY HAROUT TO THE STAGE!

Musical performance by Harout Pamboukjian on Armenia Fund's International Annual Telethon.

---

BEST THREAD CREATOR

…and the winner is…

FEDERATE!

Federate's threads include such hits as "Armenia and the information war", "Genocides of Sumgait, Kirovabad, Baku and Maragha", "Georgian-South Ossetian conflict" and "Hezbollah".

---

BEST USERNAME

…and the winner is…

iFEMALE!

iFemale has ingeniously merged Apple's brilliant "i" campaign with her gender to create the best username on this thread. She shall now be known as iFemale the Artist.

---

WORST USERNAME

…and the winner is…

NINETOYADOME!
    Runner-Up: PepsiAddict

Though a regular and prolific poster of ours, it seems ninetoyadome's username is simply misunderstood. It's alright nine, i'm sure people will warm up to your username eventually . On another note, Pepsi came close to winning his fourth award tonight but came just short as in the final minutes of voting, a user cast the tie-breaking vote.
    ---

BEST NEW POSTER

…and the winner is…

CATHARSIS!

Catharsis joined this past year and quickly made a big impact on the forum which his awe-inspiring analysis of the geopoliticals of the Caucasus and his excellent knowledge of Armenian history. Power to you, good sir and welcome aboard!

---

FUTURE OF HYECLUB FORUM

…and the winner is…

FEDERATE!

Federate wins his 6th award of the night. Even though he has been on the forum for more than a year now and has become a moderator, many think Federate will be here for many years to come.

---

MOST POPULAR POSTER

…and the winner is…

ANONYMOUSE!

For the second year in a row, Anonymouse takes the Most Popular Poster award! Anonymouse's loyal supporters still think he is the coolest guy evar!

---

BEST POSTER

...the award for Best Poster goes to…

FEDERATE!
    Runner-Up:jgk3

It was a tight race with both jgk3 and Federate one-upping one another but in the end, Federate takes his record 7th award of the night! Congratulations to him!

----

I would like to thank everybody once again for joining us tonight.
    Those who have been granted an award may propose a speech in this thread.
    We hope you had a joyous night and we will see you all next year!
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Re: Second Annual HyeClub Forum Awards!

I was robbed. I was robbed. I was robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
      You weren't around. You weren't around. You weren't around.

Comment

Ֆեդ՝Շնորհավոր լինի իմ ընկեր, congrats to your wins...

Pepsi Congrats...I guess :P..

Interesting awards and fairly accurate and nice speech, overall well done too, thanks for posting

Comment

All your blood, sweat and tears have paid off. The results were quite interesting.

Comment

Want a hanky?

Comment

Thanks guys! This is how I feel!

iPODS TO ALL OF YOU!

Last edited by iFemale; 01-07-2010, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LadySilver View Post
                You weren't around. You weren't around. You weren't around.
                I am HyeClub.

Comment

I am HyeClub.

iAm!

Comment

Congratulations to all winners!

Let me ask a question: how many members took part in voting?

Comment

Working...
                    X