Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Sweet Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweet Truck

It's too bad they don't offer the Cummins turbo diesel in the 1500 series. 650 lb-ft torque out of an inline 6-cylinder FTW!! The Hemis are OK, but their power curve is bizarre. It redlines at 5800, yet it doesn't hit peak HP till 5600?? That's kind of messed up, especially for a pushrod motor. And still no pics FTL!!!

Comment

Here are some pics of my truck. So far so good-I am loving it.
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Here is a pick of my truck and my boat. That is my son there in the front. He always gets excited when i bring home fish. one of the cool things about this truck is that i dont even feel the boat - even braking is no big deal. I am also posting pics of my catch on the fishing/hunting thread.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Very naaaaaaaaaaice!
          this post = teh win.

Comment

I think you made the right choice with the bedliner. That looks so much nicer than some cheap aftermarket crap that only fits so-so. And the Ram Box is sweet! I don't think I've seen one of these trucks in person yet, as I don't recall seeing a Ram with the exhaust outlets molded into the bumper. Congrats on the purchase!

Comment

It has been a little over a year now since i bought my Dodge Ram 1500 and it has been a wonderful vehicle for me and my family. I am very happy with all aspects of this truck except maybe the gas consumption but i knew a 5.7 hemi was hardly going to be fuel efficient. I made two long distnace trips one to niagra falls and another to new york city and both were smooth rides with plenty of power when it was needed. I have used it for work play and everything else. The overall gasmileage is 15mpg. With the gas prices going through the roof sometimes i wish i had a economical car for those trips where a truck is not needed but i need a truck thus i pay for the gas.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

What exactly is an economical car? I suppose one that would be free? The fact is if you need to travel, it's going to cost you and you only have so many options. If your truck got 30 mpg, that would only cost you half of what you paid for gas. That wouldn't make much of a difference if gas prices were $1.30/gallon but at $4.00/gallon, it adds up doesn't it? Now imagine people who flocked to buy trucks because gas prices dropped for a little while with the impression that the rise in prices was just temporary. I'm one of those who believe that the drop in price was due to market manipulation just so the auto makers could get the trucks off their lots. There are those that buy trucks because they need them and others that buy them because they want them. The market demand was faulty by American consumption due to wanting and not needing. You need a truck because of work so you buy a truck, it's as simple as that. If you see that renting a vehicle that is cheaper on gas for long trips will save you money or break even because you're not causing wear/tear on your vehicle, it might be worth renting in those cases. At the end of the day, if you want to travel, you have to pay.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Well sure! You have to pay for everything. The difference is you pay less if you have a fuel efficient car and you do less damadge to the environment. Price manipulation is nothing new to the oil industry with OPEC and Big Oil companies leading the way.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Well it has been seven years with my RAM and I still love this truck. It rides great, I have had no problems at all with it. We did have a bad hailstorm and the truck was damaged but I took it in for a new paintjob which the insurance covered and it looks new again. I have also gotten a much bigger boat and it feels too big for my truck. I got lucky with the fuel prices staying low for a long time. It averages 15mpg and is still a lot of fun to drive. We finely had a bad winter here a couple years ago and it handled the snow well. There are some nice innovations happening in the truck world. I love the aluminum body of the Ford trucks along with their increased towing capabilities. I am also looking at the 3/4 ton series which post similar mpg to my present truck with much greater towing capabilities. I am considering the 3/4 tons as my current boat is pretty big and I may be towing some campers in the future. I do not plan on buying a new truck soon but Ford has caught my attention with its innovations and capabilities. I think Dodge still makes the best looking and best riding trucks but towing is becoming an issue for me. I have taken great care of my truck and it has been a wonderful experience which I hope will last a while longer. I plan on tinkering with it to improve its towing performance. I went to the autoshow this year and all the new trucks really wowed me, I particularly like this one http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/power-wagon/ but I hope to drive my present RAM for a long time yet.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                    X