Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Muscle Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle Cars

I couldn't see a decent thread for just the appreciation of pure American muscle cars, as I am totally into them (particular favourites are the Dodge Charger, Pontiac GTO, the Mustand, Shelby GT500, etc.) I think it would be great just to have a thread to post some pics and some information about em.
    Not to mention those of you who have muscle cars to post their images

Re: Muscle Cars

While i was buying a truck at the local Dodge dealer i was chekin out the chalanger and the charger in their showroom. Both cars looked simply awsome. They are also available in pretty cool colors now to. The guy who sold me the truck has both a challanger and a charger. A mechanic i know has the same hemi 5.7 liter engine thats in my 1500 in a little Dakota sport and he is working on turbocharging it. That little pickup will beat the pants off most cars. The dodge muscle cars looked so sweet that if i did not need a truck i would be tempted to get one myself. I also like the retro look that dodge has managed to perfect, both the challanger and the charger remind me of the 70s style.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

These babies ar bad ass especialy the 2010 Koenigsegg Agera
      Car comparison of car manufacturers including Aston Martin, Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Ford, Ferrari, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes, Nissan, Porsche, Rivian, Tesla, Toyota, Volkswagen

Here in the detroit area there is a annual tradition called the woodward dream cruise. People bring out their toys and show them off by cruising up and down woodward avenue. There are lots of classic cars plus new ones and some that are totally custom made. It happens every august and is pretty cool to see. People also set up displays on the side of the road to advertise their restoration services or offer trades.

I will post picks of my truck soon, that baby has a lot of torque and just kicks ass on the road.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Orale, shat lav e, che?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
          Orale, shat lav e, che?
          Now your talking brotherman......Mucho Bueno.
          and their all stick. Never could understand the mentality to want an auto on this car.

Is he using that fire extinguisher as a tire chock?
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Listen to the sound, bad video quality, but good car!
            Here's "Smokey" playing around in his 1969 Dodge Charger.Powered by a large cammed 440 with dual quad carb tunnel ram intake. Dual Flowmaster exhaust mufflers.

Comment

Mother of god. When you hear a cammed monster V8 roar like an angry lion being raped, it blows my mind as to why these homos in these little pussy Jap crap subcompact cars put on loud mufflers, and rev their little weed wacker sounding sewing machine motors. Their is NO replacement for displacement.

I love going to muscle car cruise nights, and drooling over Cudas, Furys, Challengers, Chargers, GTOs, Firebirds, Camaros, Bel Airs, Shelbys, the few Mustangs I like (vs. modern ones, which are a complete joke), etc. Hearing one cammed V8 after another with open headers, or no mufflers, breathing with that loopy idle, and roaring to life with a jab of the accelerator.......let's just say I take several changes of pants with me to those shows.

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              Here in the detroit area there is a annual tradition called the woodward dream cruise. People bring out their toys and show them off by cruising up and down woodward avenue. There are lots of classic cars plus new ones and some that are totally custom made. It happens every august and is pretty cool to see.
              I wanted to go really bad last year because I believe they had a Pontiac commemoration theme since GM decided to axe that division (my favorite), but I just couldn't find the time to do it. Not to mention the car I really wanted to take wasn't running at that point. Oh well. It's just as well, I guess. Would have been depressing to see all that Pontiac heritage there, and how GM ran it into the ground.

BTW, the new Chargers and Challengers may LOOK nice, but they're crap as far as quality goes. As much as I'd love to have one based on looks, I'd never be able to bring myself to buy one (or any modern day Mopar product, for that matter), especially since I can't stand their interior designs/layouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow View Post
                Mother of god. When you hear a cammed monster V8 roar like an angry lion being raped, it blows my mind as to why these homos in these little pussy Jap crap subcompact cars put on loud mufflers, and rev their little weed wacker sounding sewing machine motors. Their is NO replacement for displacement.

I love going to muscle car cruise nights, and drooling over Cudas, Furys, Challengers, Chargers, GTOs, Firebirds, Camaros, Bel Airs, Shelbys, the few Mustangs I like (vs. modern ones, which are a complete joke), etc. Hearing one cammed V8 after another with open headers, or no mufflers, breathing with that loopy idle, and roaring to life with a jab of the accelerator.......let's just say I take several changes of pants with me to those shows.

I wanted to go really bad last year because I believe they had a Pontiac commemoration theme since GM decided to axe that division (my favorite), but I just couldn't find the time to do it. Not to mention the car I really wanted to take wasn't running at that point. Oh well. It's just as well, I guess. Would have been depressing to see all that Pontiac heritage there, and how GM ran it into the ground.

BTW, the new Chargers and Challengers may LOOK nice, but they're crap as far as quality goes. As much as I'd love to have one based on looks, I'd never be able to bring myself to buy one (or any modern day Mopar product, for that matter), especially since I can't stand their interior designs/layouts.
                I dought people buy these cars for their interior design. The challanger looks sweet on the outside and the big hemi will make that baby fly! I talked my mom into geting a allwheel drive 300c with a hemi and that thing just flat out flies. Even my truck with a hemi in it feels like a racecar. I gotta figure out a way to put a hemi in my comp to.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-uTjaQ6E7g

* 6.2 liter V8
                  * 376 cubic inches
                  * 0-60 mph in 5 seconds
                  * Rear wheel drive
                  * 426 hp @ 5900 rpm
                  * 420 tq @ 4600 rpm
                  * 17/29 mpg
                  * 19 gal fuel tank capacity
                  * 3780 lbs curb weight

* 4.6 liter V8
                  * 281 cubic inches
                  * 315 hp @ 6000 rpm
                  * 325 tq @ 4250 rpm
                  * 16/24 mpg
                  * 3533 lbs curb weight
                  * Single overhead cam
                  * 16 gal fuel tank capacity

* 5.7 liter V8
                  * 370 hp @ 5800 rpm
                  * 398 tq @ 4200 rpm
                  * 19 gal fuel tank capacity
                  * 4140 lbs curb weight
                  * 16/23 mpg
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    I dought people buy these cars for their interior design. The challanger looks sweet on the outside and the big hemi will make that baby fly! I talked my mom into geting a allwheel drive 300c with a hemi and that thing just flat out flies. Even my truck with a hemi in it feels like a racecar. I gotta figure out a way to put a hemi in my comp to.
                    I know most people don't buy it for interior design, but I'm saying it's just poor quality over all. My boss wanted one really bad (was a HUGE fan of the original Challengers, and owned 2 '70s), but once he sat in one, he said he couldn't see buying one with how poor the padding and support in the seats were, and how cheap the interior looked and felt.

And the modern-day Hemis are OK, but they're nothing like the design of the originals. They're just playing off the hype and nostalgia of the "Hemi" name. Truth be told, 376hp out of a "state of the art" 5.7L V8 isn't exactly impressive, considering the 5.7L Camaro/Firebird were pulling off 325hp with an ancient motor design more than 10 years ago, and the new V6 Camaro, V6 Pontiac G8, several V6 Cadillacs and a few other GMs pull off just over 300hp.

This is compounded by the fact that the new Challenger weighs 4,100 freaking lbs. That is one lard ass of a car, and it's all because Chrysler decided to base it off the Charger instead of giving it its own platform. This keeps the 1/4 mile time on the R/T at mid-13s. Now.....I drive a freaking '01 Grand Prix GTP (supercharged 3.8 V6) -a 4-door family sedan- and those things are capable of mid-14s bone stock. With less than $1k in mods, they can run high 13s. Again, this is based off the ancient 90° 3800 V6 Buick motor family. Hell, the last generation of Camaro SS/Firebird WS6 ran very low-13s/high-14s, so the new Hemis leave a lot to be desired from a modern-day muscle car standpoint.

Comment

Working...
                    X