Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian Soccer

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
    Thank you enker. Are these live or will they be posted after the games has finished?
    Live!
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

The game can also be seen on H1 at 5am or on there website. Actually Armenia invited Aras Ozbiliz but he said he had to think about it. He wants to wait until the Dutch season finishes because i think hes waiting for the Dutch team to call him up. He is a good player, hes 20 years old and he has said in an interview he is Armenian.

a video of Armenia training in Cyprus. Unfortunately a few of our players are injured and will not play in the game tomorrow.

Comment

The georgians can go f**k themselves!
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Its just a friendly dude. I didnt see the game but the score is nothing to be ashamed of. Our real test will be against the russians soon.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            Its just a friendly dude. I didnt see the game but the score is nothing to be ashamed of. Our real test will be against the russians soon.
            I watched the game. First time I watched a live Armenian soccer match since the first game against turkey in 2008. And the georgians are cheaters, and played showed less sportsmanship to our side than the turks did in our game against them.

Also, reminded me why I don't watch much soccer, it's too soft and too many actors.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Our team is actually pretty exciting when our best players are on the pitch. You may be surprized in the Russia match.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                Our team is actually pretty exciting when our best players are on the pitch. You may be surprized in the Russia match.
                I was referring more to the georgian side, very unsportsmanlike, and a lot of acting. At least when the Italians play they mix in great flair with their acting skills.

I hope you are right about Russia and also the Armenian team getting the Dutch-Armenian player. As of yet, I have not seen any article that confirms he will play for the Armenian national team.

Comment

for this game Armenia didnt have 4-5 of there top players.
                  Yura Movsisyan, striker, didnt play because he was not match fit, during the off season he had been concentrating on his transfer to a different club. (He's going to play in Russia next season).
                  Robert Arzumanyan, defense, got injured during training and did not play.
                  Karlen Mkrtchyan, midfield, got injured while on trial in Russia and had surgery.
                  Roman Berezhivsky, goalie, was injured
                  David Manoyan, midfield, injured

The Dutch Armenian player is going to wait until May when the Eredivisie league, the Dutch league, finishes hoping the Dutch national team calls him to play for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetoyadome View Post
                    for this game Armenia didnt have 4-5 of there top players.
                    Yura Movsisyan, striker, didnt play because he was not match fit, during the off season he had been concentrating on his transfer to a different club. (He's going to play in Russia next season).
                    Robert Arzumanyan, defense, got injured during training and did not play.
                    Karlen Mkrtchyan, midfield, got injured while on trial in Russia and had surgery.
                    Roman Berezhivsky, goalie, was injured
                    David Manoyan, midfield, injured

The Dutch Armenian player is going to wait until May when the Eredivisie league, the Dutch league, finishes hoping the Dutch national team calls him to play for them.
                    First, where do you get your info from, so that I can keep myself updated.
                    Second, will any or all of the players listed above be avaliable to play in the game against Russia next month?

It's a shame about the Dutch Armenian, he really would get more playing time with Armenia and help out the team thus making a contribution to development of sport in Armenia. I can understand his reason for waiting but I do not respect him for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                      First, where do you get your info from, so that I can keep myself updated.
                      Second, will any or all of the players listed above be avaliable to play in the game against Russia next month?

It's a shame about the Dutch Armenian, he really would get more playing time with Armenia and help out the team thus making a contribution to development of sport in Armenia. I can understand his reason for waiting but I do not respect him for it.
                      im also a member of this forum
                      With memories of Ararat '73 still fresh on her mind, Armenia is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Armenian football!

its a sports forum for many different nations, each having there own thread.
                      also i browse through this forum

All of these players should be ready for the game against Russia.
                      The way i see it with Aras Ozbiliz, he was born in Turkey. His parents moved to Netherlands and he was brought up there so i dont think he's as patriotic as we are. In an interview a while back he did state he is Armenian

but i guess for him Netherlands is his homeland.
                      He wouldve been a good addition to our under21 considering our top player, Henrik Mkhitaryan, is 22 now so he will be unable to take part in the next under21 tournament which we were given a fairly easy group.

Czech Republic
                      Wales
                      Armenia
                      Montenegro
                      Andorra

Since we did so well in the last tournament we were placed in the 3rd pot.
                      Last edited by ninetoyadome; 02-09-2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X