Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian Soccer

Would be better for him to start at Spartak than be a bench warmer in the premier league.

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    Again United scouts at Spartak match for Aras

«Մանչեսթեր Յունայթեդի» սկաուտները կհետևեն Արազ Օզբիլիզի խաղին

http://armfootball.com/arm/news/4709...zi-khaxin.html
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Would be better for him to start at Spartak than be a bench warmer in the premier league.
      I disagree. The Russian league shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as even the Dutch league. Spartak has completely stunted Yuras and Aras' growth over the course of this season. They can't get out fast enough. Aras was an wrong to leave Ajax for Kuban, and an absolute fool for leaving Kuban for Moscow. I'm assuming the latter was done purely for the glamor of Moscow considering the teams were at the same level, and he was the star of Kuban. And even though its blatantly obvious that they are the best two players on the team, they can't always count on even starting. There are so many technical and personal issues with the team, and really most of the league as a whole, I would like to write an essay. When these teams play in CL or UEFA against other European teams they get crushed by 3rd rate Europeans clubs. Even Zenit, the only team that remotely looks like a professional team got tossed around like a practice squad v. Dortmund who currently is missing half of its roster and is struggling to bottom 10 teams in Germany. By going to the Premiere league if nothing else, Aras would see how world class professionals train and discipline themselves, and he would get world class training. And there is no reason he wouldn't get playing time. United this year is not the team its been for the past 2 decades. Last week 40 y.o Ryan Giggs started in the Champions League v Munich at Aras' position. And 5 minutes of playing time versus Steven Gerrard and Sergio Agüero is better than a season in Russia

Comment

We will have to agree to disagree then Mher. Nothing is a substitute for playing time and i do not see him nor Yura getting much in the PL. Spartak will have a new coach and things can be different next season. Yura was also injured much of this season but he has excelled in the russian league.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

We will have to agree to disagree then Mher. Nothing is a substitute for playing time and i do not see him nor Yura getting much in the PL. Spartak will have a new coach and things can be different next season. Yura was also injured much of this season but he has excelled in the russian league.
          I don't disagree with the central premise that playing time is important-plenty of star players have been rotting on United's bench this year-and that usually should be consideration number 1. it's just how bad the russian league, and specially Sparktak, is. On most other cases I would say staying put where you get regular minutes is better than going somewhere where you risk getting nothing, but Spartak is an exception. It's hard to see them any time in the near future being a champions league team, and that's how players play against the best players in the world, and how they get better. Even ignoring the fact the fact that the next coach might be as bad, and that it'll take another year to adjust to his system, there's still the issue of playing against mediocre players with mediocre teammates. If United is scouting him, it could mean a above average premiere league team or Bundesliga team starts following them and eventually signs them.
          Last edited by Mher; 04-08-2014, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Heno scored the first of three goals in 3-0 win today v archrival Bayern

It was a big goal for him today after he played absolutely horribly in the biggest game of the season in the champions league v. Real Madrid, when he missed three chances from a few yards out, and Bayern lost 3-2 on aggregate

Comment

Denis Tumasyan coming?

General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                Hi Joseph, can you provide some information about him
                For some reason I had never heard of him. At almost 29, how come he never made it to a national team before?
                At his age, I don't know if he's going to be a long term solution, but based on his transfermarkt value he's definitely better than anything we have right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                  Hi Joseph, can you provide some information about him
                  For some reason I had never heard of him. At almost 29, how come he never made it to a national team before?
                  At his age, I don't know if he's going to be a long term solution, but based on his transfermarkt value he's definitely better than anything we have right now
                  I think he was blacklisted by fatass Rubo.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I think he was blacklisted by fatass Rubo.
                    that's a shame. what was the reason?
                    It's not like we're so loaded at the position that we could just turn away people. he can probably start

Comment

All I know is that he has played his entire career in Russia, he's half Russian, I believe he does not speak Armenian, has good size, was at one time considered for the Russian National Squad. Armenia is weak on defense so it's worth a shot at the very least.
                      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X