Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Yo Armenians!!!! time to support!!! EAST OF BYZANTIUM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo Armenians!!!! time to support!!! EAST OF BYZANTIUM!

As many of you know Roger Kupelian and his team have been trying to get East Of Byzantium, the 2 film biopic about the origins of Christianity in Armenia and the Vartan Mamigonian story.

For 2 Years since I started working for him, we have done an intense amount of development (INTENSE) to make a great story, film and our people proud.

In that development we shot a number of test to make sure than when the time comes to make the film we are prepared and avoid as many mistakes as possible.

We decided to release this tests to the public because we believe you deserve to see what we have been doing behind the studio doors.

NOW, I will repeat this are tests! not the final film. this is only at a 5% of how the whole film will look like, so please understand this are tests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPtEfPCAIjQ

This is the first test of the series and we hope you enjoy it.

We ask of you and every Armenian to support us, to support our history, our story. PASS IT AROUND. the more views the better for the project and our identity in the world.

Thanks again and like I said enjoy it.

Martín Yernazian

ps: just a quick note after reading some forums.... if you ever heard someone said that we wanted Vartan Mamigonian to be Chinese... please ignore that comment or that rumor, not only is false, it is a dumb ass comment from people that want to discredit the effort of a number of filmmakers that are trying to make a difference. Vartan is Armenian 100%!

In fact if you don't hear it from people associated to Fugitive Studios... don't believe it. We care about our audcience very much! For the love of everything that is around us don't believe the stupid stories like " my cousin is the friend of someone" That is crap. We keep things very tight in our group, with our team, We wouldn't create something that is not accurate. Now, do we take liberties, yes of course... it's cinema! they have done it with BraveHeart, Galdiator, etc we do it to... but nothing that breaks the story or the tone of the film... or our passion for our history

Thanks Again for listening to my rumblings and enjoy the test teaser.

Best Regards

Re: Yo Armenians!!!! time to support!!! EAST OF BYZANTIUM!

If this is 5% of what the final version will look like then I'm very impressed! Looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

By the way, are you sure that khachkars existed back in the 5th century, and were not created in a later period?

Comment

I love it! It's really well made. The dark atmosphere gives you a good perspective of the time, but I hope there will be lighter, more bright green grass and blue sky scenes (one of the aspects of 300 I didn't like is that it was dark all the time).

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
        By the way, are you sure that khachkars existed back in the 5th century, and were not created in a later period?
        Actually, the Armenian national art form of making Khachkars is older than Christianity itself. The predecessor of the Khachkar is the Vishapakar (Dragon Stone) which were placed near lakes and rivers. You can read more information about this on www.armenianhighland.com in the chapter "Cross Stones".
        However it was not until the 15th century that Khachkars became widespread in all parts of Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamgun View Post
          As many of you know Roger Kupelian and his team have been trying to get East Of Byzantium, the 2 film biopic about the origins of Christianity in Armenia and the Vartan Mamigonian story.

For 2 Years since I started working for him, we have done an intense amount of development (INTENSE) to make a great story, film and our people proud...
          The video looks great! Good luck with making this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by SevSpitak View Post
            I love it! It's really well made. The dark atmosphere gives you a good perspective of the time, but I hope there will be lighter, more bright green grass and blue sky scenes (one of the aspects of 300 I didn't like is that it was dark all the time).
            Hehehe! Thanks. Of course. this is just a somber sample from the perspective of Vartan's wife when she learns that they have kill her husband... so you can understand we can have it all be happy happy! hehe

But yes... we are planning to make this amazing in terms of environments. And a lot of it will be shot in real locations.

Thanks Again!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
              If this is 5% of what the final version will look like then I'm very impressed! Looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

Dear Davo88: Normally you need dozens of people and lots of money to get it done amazing. We were 5 to 7 experts (in post production of course) working around the clock with limited funds to be able to present this as a sample for studios, investors,e tc etc.

When I said 5% I most likely mean 1 or 2% because we knew we could do so much better... I mean so much more if we had the the dram to make the film.

So yes this a very tiny sample of what we can do and what the film would look like. People that judge it thinking this is it... well they are fools! this is development! I never... in the 16 years of my career have seen development material that is so advanced.... studios and agents noticed too.... they were very impressed... some of them said is the movie? and we explain again to them.

Next is Rogers graphic novel with side stories surrounding the Vartan story, to create interest both with the Armenian community and the World.

So far we have a lot of attention coming from the world.... that is why we want our Armenian base to get stronger and support the effort.

Remember guys this is the first effort of many. you help us unlock that door and we are going to get better and better.

Thanks again for your support

Martín Yernazian

Comment

Originally posted by Lernakan View Post
                The video looks great! Good luck with making this movie.
                Thanks Lernakan! Pass it around!

Comment

I'm sorry but East of Byzantium looks like complete crap.

Comment

I hope this movie does make it to the bigscreen, best of luck.
                    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                    X