Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Republic of Eastern Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republic of Eastern Armenia

Initially, there were plans to name the current Republic of Armenia, The Republic of Eastern Armenia. It is a shame that for some reason (Levon-Ter-****), they did not do this. This would give us huge political leverage and by this the Armenian people would never forget Western Armenia (psychologically huge influence), as well as foreign countries. This is one of the biggest faults we made during our independence.

Baboons, having had no history, even make up fake-names to clame other territories (Azerbaijan, to claim old Persian region of Azerbaijan), but we Armenians, whose historical lands are stolen, neglect everything and are not smart enough to even think politically smart to call our current nation Republic of Eastern Armenia.

What a beautiful name, really a pity, everytime I get mad when I think about this.

Republic
    of
    Eastern
    Armenia!

Would it be realistic to change the name of our republic today? It would be difficult...
    Last edited by Tigranakert; 06-07-2010, 06:32 PM.

Re: Republic of Eastern Armenia

I dont think i agree with that name. I think we armenians have enoughf devisions as it is and naming it eastern might get the whole western vs eastern armenians rivalry thing going. I dont even want Artsagh to be a seperate republic but prefer its integration and joining Armenia. Internal devisions have killed our country before thus the less political devisions we create the better in my opinion.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Republic of Eastern Armenia?? WTF????

There is no Eastern nor Western Armenia. There is just Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        I dont think i agree with that name. I think we armenians have enoughf devisions as it is and naming it eastern might get the whole western vs eastern armenians rivalry thing going. I dont even want Artsagh to be a seperate republic but prefer its integration and joining Armenia. Internal devisions have killed our country before thus the less political devisions we create the better in my opinion.
        I agree with this. There should just be one giant land mass called "Armenia". Anything else is silly.

Comment

It's going to be a Kingdom anyways....
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            It's going to be a Kingdom anyways....
            Good luck on picking a king.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              Good luck on picking a king.
              "The aristocratic tradition in Armenia suffered another blow during the Bolshevik regime. Then the nobility was dissolved as a social class and the noblemen underwent systematic oppression. Many representatives of the Armenian aristocracy were repressed, sentenced to prisons and work camps, or just executed. Those who survived by miracle were forced to hide their aristocratic origins by changing family names and obliterating their family histories. Only very few managed to preserve their family traditions by leaving Communist regime and moving to other countries."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_nobility
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I agree with everyone else. I refuse to call my homeland by the very name used to destroy my nation. "Eastern" and "Western" have been the results of foreign "divide and conquer" policies to weaken the Armenian state and render it a buffer region used for the greedy wars of large empires.

Furthermore, if we look at history, it seems it's in our blood to fight each other when it really isn't necessary. Like others have said, this will just cement our pathetic division and self-destruction.

Finally, I am a "Western Armenian," and I'm going to visit my homeland. My homeland is not "Eastern Armenia," it's plain and simple "Armenia." In other words, where there's a land called "Armenia," that's my homeland, no matter how small, poor or unfortunate it is.

There's no "Western" or "Eastern" Armenia. There's "Greater Armenia" which is largely occupied and ethnically cleansed. I don't need a name to remember it. I remember it every day of my life, and calling the homeland "Eastern Armenia" will help those who don't "remember Greater Armenia" further dissociate themselves from their homeland, and, in my opinion, forget "Western" Armenia in the process, as they will think, "I have no homeland for me, and it's never gonna exist anyway..."

Comment

The division of Armenia between East and West has existed because of the various empires that have unfortunately divided us over the years, for instance the Byzantine West and the Persian East, or the Ottoman West and the Russian East. If we take this into consideration it becomes clear that one ազատ, անկախ ու միացեալ Հայաստան is more than enough.

Comment

I still disagree with you guys, I still think it would have helped us in a great way. That Armenians are ''dividing'' each other, has to do with our stupidness, if we could use our common sense we would also not divide each other by ''hayastancis'' or ''karabakhcis''. Also, this has to do with the bad economic situation in Armenia, which in my opinion, will slowly fade away in the future.

By naming the current small piece of Armenia, Republic of Armenia, our future generations will forget the "Western'' part.

Ofcourse, if Western Armenia was in our hands, we would not have two seperate states, then we should call it Republic of Armenia, so I did not mean there should be two seperate states.

Comment

Working...
                    X