Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by lampron View Post
    The majority of Armenians see Iran positively and I don't think that will change

Iran was a refuge for Armenians escaping Turkish massacres 100 years ago, or Armenians
    opposed to the Soviet regime 90 years ago
    Agree. Armenia and Iran are friends. Can we just leave it at that?
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
      I pointed out that something like this could happen -- particularly given that I am Iranian and know that Iranians could change their views on Armenia in light of some of the views here that seem indicative of the views of other Armenians on a wider scale; these are the comments I got regarding my forecast:

Trust me - Iranians are not passive; If comments like Mos's are spreading over the internet by Armenians - Iranians will take a drastically different view of Armenia. Without intending to be impolite, Turkey would love nothing more than to convince Iran that Armenians are jerks.
      Ya, you're right. It has began. Check this article out: http://www.armenialiberty.org/conten...e/9497936.html

Armenia and Georgia have now formed a military alliance. This will follow the removal of Russia forces and their replacement with US and Isareli ones in preparation for an attack on Iran. Yes, yes, yes, it's happening............

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post
        Ya, you're right. It has began. Check this article out: http://www.armenialiberty.org/conten...e/9497936.html

Armenia and Georgia have now formed a military alliance. This will follow the removal of Russia forces and their replacement with US and Isareli ones in preparation for an attack on Iran. Yes, yes, yes, it's happening............

I have read the press and Armenia and Georgia are not forming a military alliance. They have agreed to share more information and keep contacts. Armenia just signed a Russian basing, technical, and alliance agreement for 40 years with Russia. Armenia will not be used as a base for an attack on Iran. In fact, Armenia is being sanctioned by the US for having good relations with Iran.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Persopolis View Post
          I pointed out that something like this could happen -- particularly given that I am Iranian and know that Iranians could change their views on Armenia in light of some of the views here that seem indicative of the views of other Armenians on a wider scale; these are the comments I got regarding my forecast:

Trust me - Iranians are not passive; If comments like Mos's are spreading over the internet by Armenians - Iranians will take a drastically different view of Armenia. Without intending to be impolite, Turkey would love nothing more than to convince Iran that Armenians are jerks.
          Again. Armenia and Iran are friendly nations with a developing relationship. They have increased trade, diplomatic contacts, cultural exchanges, etc. They share many of the same enemies. They have lived in peace and understanding for centuries. This is not going to change despite what some on this forum may or may not believe. How much more can be said?

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch
            Yes I think you are exagerating the guilt of Israelis and underminding the uglines of palestinian terorism.
            No. If you look at the statistics, over 30 times more Palestinian civilians have died compared to Israeli civilians. So that means for each time you talk about Palestinian crimes, you have to mention Israeli crimes 30 times just to keep things balanced with reality (if reality is important to you).

For every time you mention Hamas denying Israel's right to exist, you have to mention all the Israeli political parties which do not recognize a Palestinian state.

Theres more but I think you get the point.

Originally posted by Mukuch
            BTW Would you agree for 2 state solution in Karabakh?
            In the Karabagh conflict, we are the Palestinians (indigenous natives being attacked by a stronger military) while Azeris are the Israelis (brand new state created and armed by world powers who are trying to displace the natives).

And yes I support a 2-state solution for Artsakh. Azerbaijan and Artsakh should be two separate states!

Comment

Originally posted by Persepolis
              Trust me - Iranians are not passive; If comments like Mos's are spreading over the internet by Armenians - Iranians will take a drastically different view of Armenia.
              The comments will not "spread over the internet" unless you spread them yourself. You already mentioned that you will show anti-Iranian comments to your Iranian buddies, so you didn't leave anything to the imagination. I don't know if you were serious or if you said it just to make a point, but its not a good way to make a point.

Nobody here is questioning the importance of the Armenian-Iranian cooperation in regards to Armenia's current position (Iran's as well). I even hold the opinion that Iranians are genetically and culturally the closest ethnic group to Armenians. However, just because you don't agree with everything Mos or Karo say doesn't mean you should paint a whole new picture of Armenians in your head. Nobody on this forum agrees 100% with the next person. You are taking your personal disagreements and magnifying them into political and geo-strategic issues. Have a beer man. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                I have read the press and Armenia and Georgia are not forming a military alliance. They have agreed to share more information and keep contacts. Armenia just signed a Russian basing, technical, and alliance agreement for 40 years with Russia. Armenia will not be used as a base for an attack on Iran. In fact, Armenia is being sanctioned by the US for having good relations with Iran.
                How so are we being sanction by the US?

It is strategically impossible for Armenia and Georgia to have a close military alliance given our security interests differ. There can be cooperation but to a limited extent.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

A video about the Georgian visit. In my view, it's is good we are deepening our ties with Georgia, however, we have to be careful that Georgia is not being 2 faced, because they have good such relations with Azerbaijan, and could really utilise their unique position. There are many obstacles that lie for us to have meaningful strategic relations, such strategic relations is much easier between Georgia and Azerbaijan.

Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Artsakh View Post

1915 = Armenian Genocide.
                    2011 = Armenian Suicide.

P.S. I like Armenians - don't get me wrong. But I think some among you are your worst enemies.

* To Russia Armenia is 3 things: a military base; a highly indebted economic colony to be exploited by oligarchs; and a potential physical colony.
                    * To Turkey and Azerbaijan Armenia is a wall that needs to be knocked down so they can expand into the Caucuses and Central Asia as one unit.
                    * To Iran Armenia is former friend waking up from the the Soviet slumber and Iran is going through a feeling-out process to see if the same people it knew more than 200 years ago are there, or whether they've been replaced by a Russian 5th column.

Neither Israel nor the U.S. can do anything for Armenia, except try to take it over for themselves - which would start WWIII.

Hope the diagram helps you understand what is going on: I know what the results of this game will be in the Long Term:

Last edited by Persopolis; 04-18-2011, 08:10 PM.

Comment

How the hell is this suicide? Artsakh is just jumping to foregone conclusions regarding this.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X