Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iranian-Armenian relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iranian-Armenian relations

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
    I have found an interesting article suggesting Armenian and Iranian nuclear scientists work together, but the person who exposed this got fired. I have heared some rumors of Armenian nuclear scientists working in Iran, but to what extent is this true (which could only be authorized by Russia)? Maybe someone has heared a little more about this. It could also be misinformation just to spread anti-Armenian propaganda..
    why the hell would we want to get involved with Iran's nuclear program? You want to get economically blocked on all sides and completely destroy our country?? Iran's government is a dying power, soon enough there is going to be a regime change when people there are fed up with how bad the country is being run.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      Doesn't mean Iran recognizes the Genocide, and they won't recognize the genocide because of the pressures from the Muslim world, and of course their new found friend Turkey.
      True. But this is one more fracture in the Azeri/Turkish relationship with Iran. I don't think Iran with officially recognize the Genocide but this will further alienate the Turks.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

why the hell would we want to get involved with Iran's nuclear program? You want to get economically blocked on all sides and completely destroy our country?? Iran's government is a dying power, soon enough there is going to be a regime change when people there are fed up with how bad the country is being run.
        It is misinformation. As close as Armenia might be to Russia and Iran, that would be taking it too far. Armenia does not want to break relations with Europe and the US. Armenia is satisfied with the continuing development of a gas pipeline, trade, etc w/ Iran.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
          It is misinformation. As close as Armenia might be to Russia and Iran, that would be taking it too far. Armenia does not want to break relations with Europe and the US. Armenia is satisfied with the continuing development of a gas pipeline, trade, etc w/ Iran.
          we should definitely keep economic relations with Iran (given the blockades of course), but going further than that is not needed and will be bad for us. I know Armenian government understands this thus doesn't really deepen the relations beyond the economic ties. We should focus on our ties with EU, Russia, and the US.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
            Iran VP recognizes Armenian Genocide

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.p...221-2010-08-27
            That certainly pissed off Turkey. Bravo Iran!

Comment

If Only we get rid of the mullahs Iran will be acceptable;e member on CSTO organization..do you imagine that the hole planet will be cut in the middle cause of the CSTO....

How big could go its influence just imagine Middle East Europe Central Asia,India China Japan.What is left for USA?

Comment

The Mullahs in Iran are very friendly with Armenia. I am the last person to support a theocracy but to be fair, they have been on our side more often then not despite our religious differences.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
                  That certainly pissed off Turkey. Bravo Iran!
                  It seems you're right:

Turkey fumes over Iran VP's 'genocide' remark

FM Davutoglu demands explanation after Iranian Vice President Hamid Baghaei says mass killings of Armenians by Ottoman Empire constituted 'genocide.' Mottaki: Iran's position was in line with Turkey's stance on the issue

Ynet
                  Published: 08.28.10, 15:17 / Israel News

Iranian Vice President Hamid Baghaei caused an uproar when he said the mass killings and deportation of Armenians during the waning days of the Ottoman Empire constituted “genocide.”

“A hundred years ago the Ottoman Empire committed genocide against a certain number of Armenians,” he was quoted as saying by Iranian news agency IRNA.

In an effort to contain the diplomatic maelstrom sparked by Baghaei's remarks, Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki told his Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu on Friday that Iran's position was in line with Turkey's stance on the issue, Turkish newspaper Hurriyet reported.

Davutoglu said that following the Iranian VP 's comments the Turkish Foreign Ministry immediately contacted both the Iranian Embassy in Ankara and the Turkish Embassy in Tehran.

“I asked for an explanation from Mr. Mottaki,” Davutoglu told journalists in the central Anatolian province of Karaman.

According to the report, the Iranian Embassy in Ankara released a statement saying that the Iranian vice president’s statements were not accurately reflected by some media outlets. The embassy stated that Baghaei commented on the subject only as a problem between Turkey and Armenia and that he did not express his opinions about the issue.

Hurriyet further reported that during their telephone conversation, Mottaki told Davutoglu that the conference attended by the Iranian vice president was about World War II, not about World War I, while repeating that there was no change in Tehran's position regarding the events of 1915.

However, Davutoglu told his Iranian counterpart that Turkey was awaiting an explanation from Baghaei himself.

“Mottaki told me that Baghaei will make an explanation,” Davutoglu was quoted by the Turkish newspaper as saying.

FM Davutoglu demands explanation after Iranian Vice President Hamid Baghaei says mass killings of Armenians by Ottoman Empire constituted 'genocide.' Mottaki: Iran's position was in line with Turkey's stance on the issue

Comment

Iranian official denies ‘genocide’ remark

ANKARA – Hürriyet Daily News
                    Sunday, August 29, 2010

Iranian Vice President Hamid Baghaei denied Sunday that he made comments regarding the 1915 killings of Armenians at the hands of the Ottoman Empire.

“We are rejecting the news reports attributed to me in some media outlets,” Baghaei was quoted as saying by the Anatolia news agency.

His remarks came after Turkey demanded a high-level explanation from Tehran when news reports quoted the Iranian official as terming the events of 1915 as “genocide” during a conference. Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu spoke late Friday with his Iranian counterpart, Manouchehr Mottaki, who told him that Iran’s position was in line with Turkey’s stance on the issue.

However, Mottaki’s assurance was not satisfying for Ankara as Davutoğlu told a group of journalists in the Central Anatolian province of Karaman that he was asking for clarification from Baghaei himself.

At a press conference Sunday, Baghaei said the conference that took place last Wednesday on the 70th anniversary of Iran’s occupation by the U.S., Russia and Britain during World War II focused on Iranian attempts in international platforms to follow up on the damage it sustained during the war.

“The conference was about this issue,” he said. “Some press outlets reported that I made comments, took a stance and made an exclusive analysis on disputes between some countries like Turkey and Armenia. But I am denying this,” said the official.

He repeated that he did not evaluate a legal case between Turkey and Armenia. “It was not a topic of the conference.” Baghaei said, citing the growing ties between Turkey and Iran. “Today we have a very strategic, very solid and strong relationship with Turkey. We respect Turkey, which is one of the most important countries in the region.”
                    I guess they don't have the balls to stand up to Turkey or just don't want to break their precious friendship
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

I guess they don't have the balls to stand up to Turkey or just don't want to break their precious friendship
                      Still, damage done.

Comment

Working...
                      X