Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Improving the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Improving the Forum

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
    nimda
    does he frequently visit the forum, and look at the discussion (especially in the support section or this kind of thread!)?

I mean it is his responsibility to do that. Hey if nothing happens or he keeps ignoring these concerns, we could always start a new forum
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Well, Anonymouse is also an administrator and runs the board as much as he can. I mean, it is there responsibility, along with the help of us moderators, but as far as changes go, it needs to be approved with nimda. I can propose these changes and hope he looks into it, but that's all we can do right now.

I'm happy right here, though.

Comment

I like the organization provided by the different forums. If you aren't interested in something then you can avoid it. It's only as useful as we make it though by sticking to topics and creating threads in the right place to begin with.

Originally posted by gegev View Post
        Right! Number of the threads should be limited for members. Let say 50 treads at most. It would reduce the number of meaningless/trash threads. If someone wants to post more he/she may delete older/unpopular threads.
        I think this would be too restrictive. We want to encourage new members to participate and post. If we don't allow them to post a new thread they'll just take existing threads off topic. Many people come across the forum with a single question in mind and that wouldn't allow them to create a thread and ask it.
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
          I like the organization provided by the different forums. If you aren't interested in something then you can avoid it. It's only as useful as we make it though by sticking to topics and creating threads in the right place to begin with.

I think this would be too restrictive. We want to encourage new members to participate and post. If we don't allow them to post a new thread they'll just take existing threads off topic. Many people come across the forum with a single question in mind and that wouldn't allow them to create a thread and ask it.
          It depends on the business mission this forum set. If you put stress on quality over the quantity my/our suggestion wouldn’t sound bad. And in addition setting the upper limit wouldn’t annoy the new members, because they hardy would post more than 50 threads during the first year of their membership.That is the restriction will be rather symbolic, but promoting the quality. And telling that this forum is for the quality/noteworthy post makers will sustain your market niche, making it neater, concise and attractive, because casual post makers never stick with a forum for a long time, anyway. Besides, you know, most of your/our members, I guess 99%, don’t post more than 50 threads.
          Last edited by gegev; 10-19-2010, 01:58 AM.

Comment

I like the organization provided by the different forums. If you aren't interested in something then you can avoid it.
            It's only as useful as we make it though by sticking to topics and creating threads in the right place to begin with.

Essentially you are saying there is nothing wrong with the existing structure, and it is the members/participants fault for the state of the forum.

I think this would be too restrictive.
            It need not be if the structure and rules are optimized for your intended mission.
            We want to encourage new members to participate and post.
            There was no suggestion to discourage new participants.
            In fact I remember when I first joined the forum how daunting it was with hundreds of threads with similar heading and content.
            If we don't allow them to post a new thread they'll just take existing threads off topic.
            Are you suggesting with the current structure we are avoiding off topic postings?
            Why not have a single thread "Help Sought by Compatriots" or whoever.
            It will be easier for a newcomer.
            Many people come across the forum with a single question in mind and that wouldn't allow them to create a thread and ask it.
            This can easily be catered for without having thousands of threads.
            See above

Last edited by londontsi; 10-19-2010, 04:22 AM.
            Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

A forum can always be improved but I am OK with the way Hyeclub is....well it might be nice if the guys could imbed videos in the NKR thread but other than that hyclub rocks in my book.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

does anybody think the text-boxes upon replying are to small?
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

you mean their vertical span Mos?

Comment

I just noticed something today. How come we have the star of David as a reputation marker under our avatars?

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
                      I just noticed something today. How come we have the star of David as a reputation marker under our avatars?
                      Your reputation has gone down a point.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X