Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkey considering withdraw from the F-35 program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turkey considering withdraw from the F-35 program

Originally posted by jameson View Post
    by the way your singnature is racist.. I do not know how mods allowed such signature..
    tell that to the racist, genocide denying government of turkey.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      tell that to the racist, genocide denying government of turkey.
      I am telling to them.. This kind of racist nonsenses cannot achieve anything..

Comment

So far there is no alliance per say between Russia and Turkey and the cooperation is mainly in the economic, trade, and business sector (what is visible). Turkey’s European and Russian exports is dwarfed compared to their import of Russian natural gas. As of 2008 Russia has been the biggest trading partner and provider of energy for Turkey. It accounts for roughly two thirds of Turkey’s gas consumption, 50 percent of coal imports and 30 percent of its oil consumption.
        Turkey is also seen by Russia as a possible hub for its energy exports. In August 2009, Russia and Turkey together with Italy agreed to begin preparations for the construction of the South Stream, a pipeline from Russia crossing the Black Sea to Europe. Also Russia is aware of the tensions between Turkey and USA in regards to defense spending and is ready to fill the void in the billions of dollars worth of military contracts that Turkey is waiving its cash around. Also Erdogan and Putin seem to like each other and both have bones with Georgia (Turkey has strong Abkhaz community, which has close ties with the separatist republic of Abkhazia).

Also Russia does not want to see NATO ships in the black Sea and Turkey normally takes Russian side on this. Also on Iran they both hold the same opinion that Iran is entitled to Nuclear energy but no way in hell to have Nuclear weapons. Both countries meet regularly with the Iranian President.

Now this relationship can grow in three ways as its analysed by politicans:

They could evolve into a natural gas axis with the current plans to build a Nuclear reactor in Turkey which would mean Turkey will be receiving 100 percent of their energy from Russia. However to think that Turkey would allow Russian bases would be naïve. That is one thing I can’t see Turkey doing regardless of the depth of their future alliance. Turkey wants to be independent as much as possible so it can be a major player and Russian bases in Turkey will hamper its influence in the region (which is what is all about)

The second possibility is the alliance of the butt hurts. Both countries have been treated as unequal in the West and international communities. Also Turkey has become very sensitive to Western pressure and likes to hide behind Russia’s veto power in UN Security Council. A war with Iran will certainly push Turkey and Russia in the same camp against Western policies on Iran.

The third is the alliance of the reject. This has to do with EU assertion and how Russia is telling Turks to give up on it just like they did back in 1990.

My opinion in this regard, knowing Turkish behavior, is that Turkey is using this perceived alliance with Russia as a tool to get what it wants from the west, something like a ultimatum. What Turks are saying to the West is that drop all preconditions on EU membership, follow our policies in regards to Iran and the region, and accept a more independent policy of Turkey even when it comes to bashing Israel…..or else find another way to move your troops and supplies in and out of Afghanistan and Iraq without our Airbase or flying in our airspace, and we be replacing you with the Russians so forget about bypassing Russia in your plans to bring energy to Europe.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Source: Turkey fined US company over chopper delay

Turkey has demanded an extra Sikorsky S-70B from the American company Sikorsky Aircraft for not delivering previously ordered choppers on time.

The Undersecretariat for the Defense Industry (SSM) had previously ordered 24 Sikorsky S-70B Seahawk medium transport/utility helicopters from the US-based aircraft manufacturer Sikorsky Aircraft in 2005. Sikorsky had delivered seven of the ordered helicopters but was not able deliver the remaining 17 choppers on time despite the fact that they had already been paid for by Turkey.

For the first time in history, Turkey has demanded one more Sikorsky S-70B helicopter from the company as a fine for not delivering the helicopters on time, a Ministry of Defense official told Today’s Zaman, speaking on the condition of anonymity. In this way, Turkey will receive 25 helicopters for the price of 24. Experts from the Ministry of Defense underlined this is the first time that Turkey has fined a US company. “Turkey’s position gets stronger over time,” the same source said.

The SSM had ordered the helicopters for the Turkish Naval Forces. Seven of the preordered choppers have been delivered so far, but the remaining 17 were supposed to be delivered to Turkey at the beginning of 2010. Sikorsky announced that there would be a three-month delay in the deliveries but still they were not able to deliver the choppers.
          Apparently after much tears Sikorsky has agreed to Turkish terms according to their website and will be giving an extra chopper for free.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Sorry. Turkey is going for new generation MIGS and for the purchases they ask Russians to remove recognition of armenian genocide before 2020 from their constitution.

Another rumor says in return of building the nuclear plants Turkey is asking Russians to establish a harder visa policy on Armenia.
            Turks and Azeris love to attack women and children

Comment

^^^No Migs for turkey.....you get F-35s with no source code no matter how much you cry about it. Also your top Turkish pilots will need to actually start relying on themselves insead of being babysitted every step of the way when in training with this jet.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Naahh. Don't worry about the source codes. Turkey has a brand new road map for its defense industry. Option 1 give me all the source codes. Option 2 I write my own source codes as I did with f16's. Option 3 Screw ya'll westerners. I'll make love with Russia. Guess what. Russia has been flirting ever since the AKP got the majority in the parliament and cease that particular "J" lobby in the military, media and the police. Russia has one condition though: "I wan't you to flirt only with me".
                Deal.
                Last edited by lipton; 04-17-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lipton View Post
                  Naahh. Don't worry about the source codes. Turkey has a brand new road map for its defense industry.
                  it sure takes you guys a long time to learn something.I guess your generals are getting a hints from Iran's example. With the resources you have Armenia would have had a top reliant Defence Industry long time ago.....too bad your defense industry is being built like an assembly line with illusions of grandure with no critical "know how" other than what has been transfered by US and Israel defense companies so far.

Option 1 give me all the source codes. Option 2 I write my own source codes as I did with f16's.
                  You can't do that with the F-35, this why your leaders got their panties all bunched up.

Option 3 Screw ya'll westerners.
                  Such ingratitude to your masters...

I'll make love with Russia....Russia has one condition though: "I wan't you to flirt only with me".

Deal.
                  Lets keep this thread clean and avoid giving us visuals.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Well being part of joint strike program was not AKP's idea and was not agreed by the current gov't. Now, let's do not deny the reality. I totally accept that Turkish military used to be the little puppy with a belt held by that particular J-power and the states, yes. You all should accept the reality that the defense industry of Turkey is continuously improving and more national defense systems are being built such as national artillery armored vehicles, armored personnel carriers, national tank, drones with surveillance and remotely controlled air to ground offensive systems, heat sensored and remote controlled all terrain compatible -minigun(or gattling cannon) and/or an infantryman riffle attached- robotic like palette powered so called robotics etc etc... What else could I say?
                    Not to be mean but we are comparing 50's soviet technology and a new born defense industry (finally breaking the chains). Iran is still technologically poor as Armenia. Making of couple of shahab rockets and a video showing "wow we have awesome rockets to hit Israel" isn't enough. Iran cannot be even a role model for Armenia.

You can't do that with the F-35, this why your leaders got their panties all bunched up.
                    Yes. Well partially right. But if they stop killing our engineers (and make it look like a suicide) that work on national source codes, it's possible.

Lets keep this thread clean and avoid giving us visuals.
                    Sorry for being kinky

I really hate to compare these two countries because it's impossible to compare them considering the economical-industrial power and military strength even though both countries are puppets of a big brother (or used to be).
                    Last edited by lipton; 04-17-2011, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lipton View Post

.... if they stop killing our engineers (and make it look like a suicide) that work on national source codes, it's possible.

can you elaborate on this, sources (media?) please
                      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Working...
                      X