Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Muammar Gaddafi and Libyan crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two Libyan fighter pilots defect, fly to Malta

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
    I cover your losses if you can explain what is behind all of this revelation of Freedom and Democracy (lol) by the Arabs....must be a miracle or something. Lets see, so far Israel is happy, US is happy, Europe is happy, Iran is happy, even Osama and Omar are happy.....all for their own reasons.

Put me down a 20 spot for 10:1
    Not so sure about Israel being happy. They have made muted statements more recently but were sh*tting a brick about Egypt. We'll see what happens I guess but I don't imagine that any regime that takes power from the fallen autocrats is going to cozy up to Israel and the West.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Gaddafi may have a point about Switzerland

lol, Gaddafi went too far in abusing his power when he suggested that Switzerland be abolished. Last thing you want to do is get on the wrong side of crooked money men.

"But reading that the old headcase has declared holy war on Switzerland, I can’t quite suppress a cry of “Attaboy, Muammar!” Apparently, at a recent public occasion (= opportunity to indulge his love of the sound of his own voice) he announced that “Any Muslim in any part of the world who works with Switzerland is an apostate, is against Muhammad, God and the Koran.” Of course the Swiss have done something quite unspeakable, like failing to recognise that Gaddafi and his family are above all the world’s laws, and even declaring them persona non grata."

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ti...t-switzerland/
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I know Israel pulled out their citizens from these countries before all hell broke loose....I don't hear anything about IDF getting ready for any stikes, they might just be happy letting Arabs sort themselves out then take action if needed....Khaddafi also made a statement to the Palestinians to rise up against Israel.

I have a feeling that the change in Gov will be in the benefit of the West, unless they want to start a big war. The Funny part is that Al Qaeda was demanding these uprisings in the Arab world long before Iraq war.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
          I know Israel pulled out their citizens from these countries before all hell broke loose....I don't hear anything about IDF getting ready for any stikes, they might just be happy letting Arabs sort themselves out then take action if needed....Khaddafi also made a statement to the Palestinians to rise up against Israel.

I have a feeling that the change in Gov will be in the benefit of the West, unless they want to start a big war. The Funny part is that Al Qaeda was demanding these uprisings in the Arab world long before Iraq war.
          Idf is on high alert. They are worried about Lebanon.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

This is all pretty funny. Silvio Berlusconi the so called ruler of Rome was more in bed with Qaddafi than that underage Moroccan prostitute that he's being tried for. Italy and Libya are inseparable, they are joined at the hip by oil.

"Berlusconi spoke with Qaddafi by phone yesterday, the premier’s office said in an e-mailed statement. He urged the Libyan leader to avoid bloodshed and bring a peaceful end to the conflict, newspaper Corriere della Sera reported today. Qaddafi yesterday said he will fight with his “last drop of blood” to retain power and pledged to deploy the army and police today to impose order."

Taken from the article below:
            Berlusconi's `Slavish' Courtship of Qaddafi Haunts Italy

Need to find some good pictures of Qaddafi's all female body guard entourage

Yeah right... like he'll give up his thrown over a couple protests:

Last edited by KanadaHye; 02-23-2011, 06:02 AM.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
              This is all pretty funny. Silvio Berlusconi the so called ruler of Rome was more in bed with Qaddafi than that underage Moroccan prostitute that he's being tried for. Italy and Libya are inseparable, they are joined at the hip by oil.
              Nicely said!
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

I didn't expect anything else from that xxxo :/ the guy who threw a Dom-souvenir at him last year should have packed it with explosive, at least we'd have one less lackey now.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                  Gaddafi is pals with Chavez and it's said, that Libya has been looking at ways to nationalize Libya's oil assets.

It's my understanding that Libya's fields have been depleted and that Libya has 70 billion USD invested in Italy and the problem in Libya is the distribution of wealth (or rather the distinct lack of it).

The Americans/Israelis don't care about Libya and they are only worried about Egypt and Bahrain. However what is happening in Libya has very serious global economic and regional security implications. As Libya is the largest oil producer in Africa and Libyan oil exports to Europe account for 90% of it's revenues.

Comment

The article I linked claims

"Libya has invested in Italian companies including Fiat SpA, UniCredit SpA and the Juventus soccer team, while Eni SpA has been present in the North African country for half a century, leaving Italy reliant on Libya for a quarter of its crude oil. As his ties with Qaddafi developed, Berlusconi built on that economic legacy, which is now unraveling and underscores the cost of doing business with autocratic regimes.

“There will be a negative impact for Italian companies,” which risk losing 4 billion euros ($5.5 billion) in infrastructure projects in Libya, Foreign Minister Franco Frattini said in parliament today. "

Fiat bought Chrysler.... so in reality, Libya owns Chrysler

Comment

Originally posted by retro View Post

It's my understanding that Libya's fields have been depleted and that Libya has 70 billion USD invested in Italy and the problem in Libya is the distribution of wealth (or rather the distinct lack of it).

The Americans/Israelis don't care about Libya and they are only worried about Egypt and Bahrain. However what is happening in Libya has very serious global economic and regional security implications. As Libya is the largest oil producer in Africa and Libyan oil exports to Europe account for 90% of it's revenues.
                      I doubt Libya's oil reserves are depleted. I also doubt US/Israel doesn't care about Libya. Israel/US cares about the one guy that's trying to live off the land off in the woods in some remote forest because he's not being taxed.

Comment

Working...
                      X