Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Muammar Gaddafi and Libyan crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two Libyan fighter pilots defect, fly to Malta

Hahahah,thats is happening every time when some one lets unfinished jobs in this world,everything in the end comes upside down,even from the most small one.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      I have heard from other Muslims that Libyans are from the true Arabic tribes and they will fight to the end.
      The Libyans are tribal and part of the problem with getting rid of Gaddafi is that crowd need a strong man to keep them in line. As they are such a wild bunch.

The Arabs are from Arabia, not North Africa and they invaded the region. The Libyans like other most North Africans are for the most part, Arabized/Africanized - Amazigh (Berbers).

Amazigh are intresting people and they have very ancient ties to Iberia/Europe.

Comment

I'm honestly divided on Libya. Gadhafi is a hard figure to analyse. He seems to be pro-Palestinian and anti-imperialism but some of his actions make me think twice about supporting him.

There's really no leader in Africa (besides Mugabe) that has talked as much sh!t against the West and Israel than Gadhafi over the decades but ever since his decision to abandon WMDs in 2003, I fear he sold himself out for some extra Western cash. He is more tame, openly in bed with the Italians (who oppressed them for a long time) and can now apparently make covert deals with the British (never a good thing). Add that to the fact that the man's ready to drop plane bombs on his own citizens and I'm not sure how I can support him...

I used like his no-nonsense attitude when it comes to Israel. He openly declares the two-state solution dead and ridicules the Arab League for their incompetence with the Palestinian issue. However cruel this may be, in '95 he expelled anywhere from 2,000 to upwards of 30,000 Palestinians from Libya after those failed Camp David accords in order to teach the PLO a lesson. He basically shipped them to Palestine to make a point that Palesine is not self-governing and that Israel does not recognise Palestine, and if it did, it would openly accept those refugees back into the unrecognised country. As he predicted, they were rejected and had to be settled in other Arab countries. I like his views on the UN (see in multiple parts) and I admire his attempts at Pan-Africanism to finally rid the impoverished continent of colonialism that still lingers in other forms to this day. Really the only thing I disliked about his foreign policy is his apparent disdain for Shi'as. He assassinated a Shi'a imam from Lebanon in the 80s (he officially 'disappeared while on a visit there) and apparently is not on good terms with Iran (like most Arab countries).

But he has lost all credibility. His ego has gotten to his head and his fatal mistake was to fire on the protestors. The protests were never big enough to topple him and have only gotten out of control because of his actions to send the army on them. Libya does not even have an alternative leader unless it brings back the old monarchy... lol. His days are numbered. Hopefully whoever follows him won't be just another Western lackey.
        Last edited by Federate; 02-23-2011, 05:42 PM.
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Gaddafi is as good as dead.

The four major tribal structures have joined the revolution, including his own tribe. Nobody is following his orders (including presidential guards) other than missionaries (hired goons) patrolling Tripoli, which is the only thing he controls now with more missionaries on the way but now there is a no fly zone in effect so he is screwed, he has lost all military support with no allies. Tripoli will fall and its only a matter of time. Most of the fighting is at night.

The revolutionaries are made up of young rebels and high-ranking military officers who have defected. No head figure has risen just yet.

10 to 1 Kanada, you still wanna shake on it?
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
            Libya does not even have an alternative leader unless it brings back the old monarchy... .
            They are already raising the Kingdom of Libya Flag. Egypt is considering military intervention.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Gaddafi is as good as dead.

10 to 1 Kanada, you still wanna shake on it?

I think the media is making more out of it than it really is... I'm going to go hollywood smoke and mirrors on this one and Qaddafi is either planning to stay or making sure all his money is in a safe place before he makes like a bird.

I was really hoping Qaddafi was the defiant wacko they made him out to be but looks like he's just another puppet after all. Very disappointing

They are already raising the Kingdom of Libya Flag. Egypt is considering military intervention.
              I was saying to myself when all these "revolutions" began that Libya should invade Egypt while they have the chance. What is the point of returning Libya to the royal family after 40 some odd years. Were they tired of ruling and needed a break? lol
              Last edited by KanadaHye; 02-23-2011, 06:15 PM.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Years can really take its toll on someone...

Charming young colonel with revolutionary ideas

Egotistical old colonel facing revolution

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                  Years can really take its toll on someone...
                  Or... the J3ws killed the real Qaddafi and replaced him with this poser....

LOL, America kills me... whoever writes these speeches for the Presidents has got to be a comic. An American president saying all governments have a responsibility to refrain from violence, hahahahha.

Barack Obama tells Gaddafi: Libya violence must stop

"He added: "Like all governments, the Libyan government has a responsibility to refrain from violence, to allow humanitarian assistance to reach those in need, and to respect the rights of its people. It must be held accountable for its failure to meet those responsibilities, and face the cost of continued violations of human rights."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...iolence-speech
                  Last edited by KanadaHye; 02-23-2011, 06:34 PM.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

In 2003 former President Bush normalized relations with Libya. Gaddafi was considered a terrorist before that.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

In 2003 former President Bush normalized relations with Libya. Gaddafi was considered a terrorist before that.
                      Yeah that's what I meant. When my dad heard the news he said in a shocked way "so Gadhafi sold out too..."

Comment

Working...
                      X