Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Relocating to Armenia from Arab countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Relocating to Armenia from Arab countries

Have the Armenian mafiosi so empoverished the native population, and emptied the bank accounts of all the gullable diaspora Armenians from America and Canada, that they now have to seek new victims from Syria or Egypt?
    The Scottish speaks again. Western countries are one of the most genocidal, corrupt and criminal countries in the world, whose whole system is based upon imperialism. Who the **** are you to teach us something?

It was not the Armenian "mafiosi" who impoverished the native population, but largely the geopolitical situation, the genocide, the earthquake, etc. It's a new country and developing, and it's need evolution. Slowly but steadily, especially if higher educated people will get involved in Armenia, things will change for the good. Of course you are against this, as you will never want something good to happen for Armenia.

Your comment is racist, a huge generalization and anti-Armenian.

Really? One of the best places in the world to invest? Below are three news items, all just from last Friday's Groong. Check any day of the week and you will always find similar news reports. And there are the never-ending ongoing scandals, like non-tax paying millionaire Dodi Gago's theft of small shareholders' shares in Yerevan Brandy, or the American-Armenian property developer conned out of the appartment he paid to be constructed, and then conned again out of the money he paid to "buy" it back - and all the criminality is supported and defended by the Armenian justice system of course.
    If I want to find an article about corruption in America, The Netherlands, etc, I also can find hundreds of articles. That doesn't mean xxxx. The US Millenium Aid Program is just a political tool, as Western countries are one of the most corrupt, dirty, blood-thirsty nations in the world. They don't give a damn about democracy, nor about "aid", they just want to control other nations.

There are hundreds of examples of succes stories, also those of Diasporan Armenians (like Ralph Yirikian, Hovnanian, hotels in Dilijian) who have made a difference in Armenia. Of course, you won't quote their stories.

As kitty is fiercly anti-Armenian and just like ArmeniaNow and other Western idiots, they like to hammer only on the negatives. It remains surprising that a man his age, and a so-called "intellectual", spends to much time on an Armenian forum, to spread such bullxxxx. One only has to ask why?

His goal is to denigrate Armenians, he floods all of the topics like these with negative posts so that Armenians get pessimistic and lose hope and faith. That's his only goal. The only thing he had to do so Armenians "listen" to him, is to visit some Khachkars in Nakhichevan and tell a somewhat sad story about it we all already knew.

Just read all of his posts, the one more denigrating and disrespectful than the other. I have rarely seen such a case of a racist Scott, who barely understands Armenian culture, to be so judgmental. I think he is the danger and such a person should be banned to keep the forum clean.
    Last edited by Tigranakert; 04-23-2011, 12:05 AM.

Comment

There is a full-scale media blitz against Armenia.

There is a full-scale media blitz against Armenia. Listening to the Western press and its pathetic lackeys within our communities discuss Armenia these days, one would think that this is the very end of the road for our fledgling republic in the Caucasus; Armenia has finally reached its cul-de-sac. Some people in very high places would like our people to believe that if a Western inspired color revolution in Armenia does not succeed in putting into power a kabal of mercenaries that are willing to serve their Anglo-American-Zionist masters, the Armenian state will soon cease to exist. That is fundamentally what they want you and I to believe. And it is towards this aim that they are carefully preparing their field of play. Something must be going down behind the scenes in Washington. I hope that something is not a major regional war. But looking at the volatility of the political situation in the region today that may certainly be it. The very terms "Armenia" and "Armenian" are being turned into something negative; similar to what they did with Serbia ten years ago. They are trying to cause instability in the republic. I pray to God that the next stage, which usually is the start of hostilities, is averted somehow.

Alarmingly, the anti-Armenia media blitz carried out by various American funded media outlets and their affiliates in Armenia's so-called "opposition" is succeeding in convincing a significant portion of our compatriots that it's all a lost cause. The toxicity of their propaganda campaign has begun permeating all layers of Armenian society. Helplessness and hopelessness, despair and desperation is what one immediately feels when discussing Armenia these days. The divide between the homeland and the diaspora is growing and divisions within Armenia itself are deepening. Please read the various articles posted below this commentary to better acquaint yourselves to the kind of atmosphere/mood they are attempting to create, as well as their their long-term political intentions (comments posted below some of the featured articles are also quite interesting to read). The primary catalysts of apocalyptic news about Armenia, the vehicles upon which corrosive propaganda travels within the Armenian community are - ArmeniaNow, Asbarez, Hetq, A1 Plus, Radio Liberty and their various affiliates in and out of Armenia.

Various Western measures to bring the fledgling Armenian state in the Caucasus to its knees have not bore fruit. Armenia won the war against a Western-backed Azerbaijan. Armenia has been bravely enduring an almost twenty year economic blockade by NATO - via Turkey, of course. And much to their dismay, Armenia has institutionalized its military alliance with the Russian Federation and it has established very warm relations with Iran. Equally to their dismay, Armenia's national infrastructure is slowly but surely developing - independent of the Western alliance. As a result of its close working alliance with the Russian Federation and its very healthy relationship with Iran, Armenia today has put itself in a strategic position to potentially become a major regional energy/trade hub - independent of the Western alliance. Yerevan's audacity in not playing ball with the Anglo-American-Zionist alliance is essentially what's driving the multi-pronged propaganda assault against the Armenian state today.

Comment

Armenians don't need to listen to Westerners, the only thing they care for is power. Everything they say should be taking it with a grain of salt. They have proven in history to fool us. They prove today they are one of the most corrupt, criminal, blood-thirsty countries in the world. They don't know our history, they do not understand our culture, but still are extremely good in judging other peoples. Kitty is a good example of this.

In the past the genocidal Western imperialists used "christianity" to conquer the world, manipulate people and steal from others, now it is notion of "democracy" they are misusing for this purpose. It's basically the same xxxx, but in a different package.
        Last edited by Tigranakert; 04-23-2011, 12:42 AM.

Comment

As I already mentioned in another thread, there are stories of repatriation, specially from Iraq. I Personally know 2 families that live armenia now dont listen to the haters.
          (also, moderation in this forum sucks, bell-the-cat should be banned)

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
            As I already mentioned in another thread, there are stories of repatriation, specially from Iraq. I Personally know 2 families that live armenia now dont listen to the haters.
            (also, moderation in this forum sucks, bell-the-cat should be banned)
            Time to build eternal home on the motherland once for centuries to ensure our family/children safety forever.

Comment

Russia Baits the Hook: Armenians Leave for the 'Promised Land'
              Recently, while riding in a city bus, the following conversation of two boys caught my ear. "Ara, don’t you get it? They’re giving out Russian citizenship for nothing. What are you waiting for? I’ve already got my documents together....

hetq
              17:29, 15 April, 2011

By Tehmineh Yenokyan

Recently, while riding in a city bus, the following conversation of
              two boys caught my ear.

Ara, don't you get it? They're giving out Russian citizenship for
              nothing. What are you waiting for? I've already got my documents
              together. Let's get the heck out of this forsaken country together.

The conversation caught the attention of the others in the bus as
              well, about 15 passengers. At once, they all started to drill the one
              boy with the question - will you tell us where to go?

You'd think they were talking about how to get to paradise or
              something, but it was just Russia's Migration Agency here in Armenia.
              I decided to check out the office as well. Customer service was
              top-notch; office staff were courteous and attentive.

Staffers at the office, located at 72 Manoushyan Street, take the time
              to listen to all applicants, reassuring them that by going to Russia a
              bright future awaits them.

To find out more, I sat in at one of the migration agencies seminars.
              I soon realized that the office needed no additional advertising. The
              person conducting the seminar confessed the same.

"We run no ads. People find out about us through word of mouth; via
              friends and family," he said, noting the example of the bus encounter.
              Nevertheless, I still asked why they didn't advertise

"There'd be no one left in Armenia if we advertised," he answered,
              adding that most come voluntarily.

"We do not force anyone to go. Those who do link their bright future
              only with a powerful country like Russia," said the seminar guy.

Participating in the program are 30 border districts in Russia and a
              number of selected cities in each. Those making the move are allowed
              to take their family and possessions with them, even the car, to the
              Russian city where they will work.

Their travel costs are paid and housing awaits them on the other end.
              Those relocating can also obtain permanent citizenship, employment,
              legal and health services and a nice sum of money.

What else does one need to maintain a family? I asked myself if the
              government of Armenia would ever be able to launch a similar campaign
              to attract Armenians overseas back home.

While at the office, I found out that some 50-60 Armenian citizens
              apply daily. They all have one aim in mind - to leave Armenia. If, as
              it says on the agency flyers, such a program is of vital strategic
              importance for Russia, populating its border regions with
              professionally prepared Armenians, then the natural question arises,
              what exactly is the benefit for Armenia? Why does official Yerevan
              allow such a government sponsored program to operate here?

Those leaving Armenia mince no words when they explain why - it's for
              their children's future. The only concern is making ends meet. Living
              in an alien land, with all the unforeseen dangers this entails, is of
              no consequence to them.

A new twist to the program has been unearthed. If those leaving for
              Russia are granted even temporary residence, they are pressured to
              renounce their Armenian citizenship. Thus, it's safe to say that those
              leaving will never return.

Russia is investing huge sums to attract and keep the new "arrivals".
              Naturally, these Armenians won't be allowed to leave Russia; at least
              until they pay-back the funds invested in them by Moscow.

The bigger the family, the bigger the relocation sum received by each.

Sadly, the prospects that any will return to the motherland grow
              slimmer in proportion.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                ... Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...
                Nice Turkish bell-ing. Wait a little bit ... he is trying to "help" Armenians, ...
                Last edited by DogTheCat; 04-24-2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                  Those leaving Armenia mince no words when they explain why - it's for
                  their children's future. The only concern is making ends meet. Living
                  in an alien land, with all the unforeseen dangers this entails, is of
                  no consequence to them.

Africans leaving their countries for Europe and the US probably have similar things to say

There might be discrimination in the destination countries, but the legal system there works

Their future is better without question

In Africa they can suffer abuse and violence by privileged fellow Africans

Comment

Originally posted by Tigranakert View Post
                    Western countries are one of the most genocidal, corrupt and criminal countries in the world, whose whole system is based upon imperialism. Who the **** are you to teach us something?

It was not the Armenian "mafiosi" who impoverished the native population, but largely the geopolitical situation, the genocide, the earthquake, etc. It's a new country and developing, and it's need evolution. Slowly but steadily, especially if higher educated people will get involved in Armenia, things will change for the good. Of course you are against this, as you will never want something good to happen for Armenia.

Your comment is racist, a huge generalization and anti-Armenian.

If I want to find an article about corruption in America, The Netherlands, etc, I also can find hundreds of articles. That doesn't mean xxxx. .
                    some of what you say is right - the problems are not unique to Armenia, but Armenians have been some of their worst enemies, for a long time

How many Armenians can Armenia (and Karabakh) attract to settle? 50, 100, 1000?

That is the test of how much justice there is in Armenia and what the government is doing to
                    make it a better place to live

are Diaspora party leaders and churchmen going there? Of course not!

They have a comfortable life in the west or (so far) the Middle East. In Armenia they
                    would have to struggle - bureaucrats, mafia, and even some hostility and discrimination

Comment

Any news about the situation the Armenians are in Syria?

Comment

Working...
                      X