Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Post your Favorite Guns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your Favorite Guns!

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
    You are right, I returned the junk and took your advise.

AKS762:

Put 120 rounds through it at the range no jams...zeroed out (little on windage some on elevation) at 25 meter in no time and it was nailing double taps on steel targets (size about a foot in Dia) at 100 yard, and I am not a good shot. Haven't tried the red/green dot sights but I don't think I will like it. I trust iron sight and those things just weighs your weapon down and puts it out of CG.

Ignore the stupid 'bullet button' on the trigger guard......thats california for you. Good think is it comes off if you wanted to.

You're ready to go to Karabakh brother!
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
      You're ready to go to Karabakh brother!
      I am not sure, I think there are few things that are missing before I am ready....

But seriously Mos I could be of better service to Artsakh in or around military jets or choppers with my experience than hauling ammo uphill with the mileage I already got on my body.....and salvage tittle declared by my orthopedic sport doctors
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I am not sure, I think there are few things that are missing before I am ready....

But seriously Mos I could be of better service to Artsakh in or around military jets or choppers with my experience than hauling ammo uphill with the mileage I already got on my body.....and salvage tittle declared by my orthopedic sport doctors
        Fair enough where do you practice your guns, at a range, hunting?
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
          Fair enough where do you practice your guns, at a range, hunting?
          There are many outdoor and indoor ranges around here, plus there is always the desert but its a little drive.

I don't hunt anymore, but I will if there is no food for some extreme reason.....quales,rabbits and sometimes deer are in the mountain area I live in and I got a good hunting dog. You just be competing with the Cayotes and Bobcats.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Decided to do an accuracy check on the Iron sights of my AKS after Zeroing it a while back just to see if it will pass that Russian test. It took me a while to find the proper procedure used by Russian military (in English) checking accuracy of their AK-47.
            Some AK owners may not know but AK sights are designed to be used differently that 90 percent of firearms out there. The main difference is that in normal rifle sights your aim point is suppose to be your impact point, you shoot wht you aim at. On AK sights tht is not true, your aim point is bellow the target but inside the bullhorns, this way your front sight does not obscure the target.

The procedure from the service manual calls for specific sized target (a rectangle 35X25 cm) setup at 100 meters. You take 3 or 4 carefully made shots aiming at the center of thelower line of the rectangle (called aim pt) with the rear sight set to number 3. You mark what is called an "control pt" 28cm above the aim pt (my blue tape). After averaging your shots (calculations) per the manual you come up with a CP "center of impact" which you mark on the paper. your shots must group within 15cm circle and your calculated center of impact (CI) must be no further than 5 cm from the control pt.
            The big black dots are my 4 shots.....I am very happy with my results of my rifle and I had a dirrect crosswind of about 5 gusting 10 knots.

AK-47 Service Manual

Just recently added a mil-dot compact scope and foldable bipod. Had a hard time Zeroing the scope yesterday (mega adjustments) at the range but I think by the end of the day I had 6 MOA at 100 meters. I tried to reset the knobs to Zero marks but I think I moved the Windage by accident. Back to square one, need to start over.

B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Eddo, all I gotta say is that you have some sweet guns. Jealous...
              I've always wanted to shoot from an AK variant. I've only ever shot .223s out of a rifle. Does the it take the 7.62x39 round or the modern variant?

Comment

Yes it shoots the good old 7.62X39.....after about 400 meters it drops like a rock but what a sweet round.
                Hey, I thought you are in Texas
                don't keep them to yourself now lets see the guns partner....btw, Love the gun laws in Tex.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Range Report:

Finally got my UTG (Under The Gun) 4-12X44 Mil Dot scope dialed in this last weekend.......luckely I had with me 40 rounds of FMJ all brass bullets to get the job done since the range directors confiscated all my Russian steel rounds not allowed to be used there.

Here is the final 5 shots.....the target is 6 inches in diameter at the zeroing range of 100 meters.

B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Model 19 and XD-40

lonely in this thread.....nobody packs?
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

• Re: Post your Favorite Guns!

)
                      Whats the pump on the left a Mossberg 500?

Comment

Working...
                      X