Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Post your Favorite Guns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your Favorite Guns!

© Lcpl. Aaron S. Patterson, ZUMA Press A U.S. Navy corpsman fires the M-27 rifle during live-fire training at Camp Wilson in Calif., on Jan. 20, 2015.
    The Marines are considering arming more of its infantry with a lightweight, highly reliable automatic rifle, but there’s one catch: It costs about three times more than the rifle that is currently standard issue.

The standard-issue M4 carbine could be replaced by the M27 infantry automatic rifle. Marine Corps Commandant Gen. Robert Neller said the M27s that have already been deployed are “the most reliable, durable, and accurate weapons in our rifle squads,” according to Marine Corps Times.
    The M27, a variation of the HK416 built by the German gunmaker Heckler & Koch, sells for about $3,000. The M4, which is used by most Army and Marines combat units, is manufactured by Colt Defense and FN America and costs less than $1,000.
    Related: The Army Is Developing Its Most Lethal Gun Yet
    Marine Corps Store - Over 7,500 Marine Products | grunt.com
    If the Marines equipped 11,000 infantry riflemen – the number under discussion -- with the M27, the price tag would be about $33 million.
    The M27 is said to be far superior to the M4, but Marine Corps Times quoted Neller as saying that while he is looking at a new weapon for infantry Marines, “we have to balance improved capabilities and increased lethality with cost.” But, he added, “our infantry Marines should be the most lethal force we can afford.”
    There is little question that the M27 is lethal. It weighs about nine pounds, has a 30-round magazine, a sustained rate of fire of 40 rounds a minute and has single-shot accuracy of 800 yards.
    Like the civilian version, the HK416, the M27 uses a solid-rod system similar to the legendary AK-47. Retired Army Maj. Gen. Robert Scales, a weapons expert, called the M27 “hands down, the best automatic rifle in the world.”
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Thats why I like the Remington. Very stable platform for amount of money spent.

Marines changing their rifles, Cant take that as lightly. They love their M40. Howrver the M24 can still fire the same caliber as the M40 plusmuch longer case and powerfull rounds as well, which makes it versatile in choices of ammo for selected target.

Tx Haykakan
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

New scope. Last two could not stand the AK abuse.

Vortex 4-16x42 BDC Reticle
        Life time warranty no questions asked : )

This is 100 yrds zero for now until next trip to range.
        Last three shots grouped good enough for windy day

I am showing the BDC reticle because it really worked out great without being on max magnification and without calculations up to 400 yrds

At 10 magnification steel targets 12 inch dia

100 yrds center
        200 yrds 1st drop hash
        300 yrds 2nd drop hash
        400 yrds 3rd drop hash

For 500 and 600 yrds targets you run out of hold.....the best is to make MOA adgustments on elevation since 600 yrds target, scope zeroed at 100yrds, the target falls more than half way down the reticle post.

This due to the flight path (called tragectory) of 7.62x39 which drops like a break after 400 yrds characteristic. I am using M67 Yugo ammo.

I am happy so far and Vortex has a ballistic calculator website for BDC Reticle scopes which can be a great help in dialing in current conditions for long distances.

An AK is a great challenge to to nail small targets at long distances but a good AK can smoke bolt action rifles with better scopes.

I am lucky that my Saiga was designed, built in Ismash factory strickly for hunting, not war.
        There are differances like a better barrell with more twists, stronger stamped receiver, straight stock for better aiming, etc

B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

That is a pretty gun Eddo. I would love one like it. We are seeing some pretty cool weapons (including guns) being invented now. I hope we do not have to use them in war.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            That is a pretty gun Eddo. I would love one like it. We are seeing some pretty cool weapons (including guns) being invented now. I hope we do not have to use them in war.
            Thanks Haykakan, even though most don't like what they consider the enemies weapon, I get complements on it all the time, even from active military.

You know well how horrible war can be, it is the last resort and must be avoided if there is a way. However our enemy forces us to use deadly force, our young soldiers at the front, to defend ourselves, our lands, our identity.

Target shooting is my sanity controll, and a sport I love because you never learn all and always a challenge with this perishable skill of shooting.
            I like to get to a point that I can hit 12 inch target with my AKS762 standing up 600 yrds away consistantly.....and I am only getting older,lol.

The AK rifle tells us : )

I am a professional I always aim true whether firing single shots or full automatic, I know neither fatigue nor failure I would take pride in my work but for one thing, I do not know my target, I am not the one that kills, that distinction belongs to the man who pulls my trigger, I am an assault rifle, my name is Kalashnikov
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Out of curiosity Eddo ... How does the Remington 700 compare in accuracy vs the AK around 400 yrds? In percentage 20% 30% less accurate?

Comment

The Remington is much more accurate and easier to stay on target, at 400 yrds it makes it look easy, however it is heavy rifle, needs to be on bipod to get its accuracy and the 308 caliber has a flattet trajectory.

The AK is much lighter, shorter, and with practice you can hit same target at 400 yrds with iron sights standing up, or kneeling down eith only your sling to help you.
                People think AKs are not accurate.....it is the shooter, not the rifle.

The Dragunov was designed from AK platform.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I am all for AK ... Thanks for the info!

Comment

Anytime
                    The Remington 700 is a serious platform and if operated properly it can be devistating.

I like shooting this rifle laying down, hugging it like s baby, one bullet at s time and catch the spend shell as you unload the bolt with same hand. Full concentration, finess, and control.....chi
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      The Remington is much more accurate and easier to stay on target, at 400 yrds it makes it look easy, however it is heavy rifle, needs to be on bipod to get its accuracy and the 308 caliber has a flattet trajectory.

The AK is much lighter, shorter, and with practice you can hit same target at 400 yrds with iron sights standing up, or kneeling down eith only your sling to help you.
                      People think AKs are not accurate.....it is the shooter, not the rifle.

The Dragunov was designed from AK platform.
                      Maybe (probably) this belongs in 'jokes and humor" , but my funny bone is forcing me (lol) .

Eddo , how does the match grade 499 daisy BB gun match up ?
                      S Irry , I'm out of control (briefly) .

Comment

Working...
                      X