Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian song from Group Munzur.Dersim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian song from Group Munzur.Dersim

hi i think this song wonderfull.can you translate english?

Re: Armenian song from Group Munzur.Dersim

When I was in Elazig a couple of years ago I saw them live on TV as they were giving a concert in nearby Tunceli. It was part of some end-of-term student festival that a lot of towns and cities in Turkey host. At the same time as the Tunceli thing was on TV I was able to watch the equivalent one in Elazig from my hotel window as it was going on in a square opposite. It was just some boring Turkish singers and the audience were having much less fun than those in Tunceli.

Pity about all the dated Marxist-Leninist imagery they use (a bit like a bunch of kids shouting out some taboo bad language just because they can) - sad (and a bit unpleasant) if they actually believe it. For the Tunceli concert they had a big canvas screen behind them that blew about a lot inthe wind but which had a star symbol on it - don't know whether this was intended to be a Marxist symbol or a reference to the PKK flag, but it was pretty extreme thing to attempt on Turkish TV (and would have got you sent to prison a decade earlier), and the camera seemed to be careful to not ever show the entire symbol straight on (or maybe it was just bad camerawork - it was a local TV station, and they are all amateurish and think that tripods are inventions of the devil).

Look at the comments that another of their songs has generated (they would not please our former member Kurdman ): assorted Turks/Kurds/Zaza having an argument about whether Zaza are Kurds or not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq3sc...eature=related
    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 07-21-2011, 03:37 PM.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      (or maybe it was just bad camerawork - it was a local TV station, and they are all amateurish and think that tripods are inventions of the devil).
      Or they think that "real men" don't use tripods.

I remember a long time ago going to see the last night of an Armenia-related play in London. It was going to be videotaped for posterity, and the cameraman was to be a large hulk of an individual who went by the name "Dom". He arrived with a full-size shoulder-mounted camera (they were massive things in those days) and no tripod. "Are you going to hand-hold that for the full length of the play?" I asked him. Oh, yes - it's no problem for me!", he replies. By the end of an hour the footage was so shakey it was almost unwatchable (which, appropriately, matched the quality of the play: a disaster named "Beast on the Moon").
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 07-21-2011, 05:22 PM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by vampire06ank View Post
        hi i think this song wonderfull.can you translate english?

gna ari man ari
        chinenar chinenar (variant of chinar?)
        chinenar (@ sahama?)
        ari(?) seri(?) dun ari
        Kurken jan, Papken jan
        aliz gyaf shira hana(?)

Don't know this dialect, but it is most definitely fascinating! What dialect is this? Zaza?

Comment

Originally posted by hagopn View Post
          gna ari man ari
          chinenar chinenar (variant of chinar?)
          chinenar (@ sahama?)
          ari(?) seri(?) dun ari
          Kurken jan, Papken jan
          aliz gyaf shira hana(?)

Don't know this dialect, but it is most definitely fascinating! What dialect is this? Zaza?

Is not Zaza.

Presumed it was Ottoman-period Armenian.

The lyrics, written down using the Turkish alphabet (c = j, ç = ch, etc.), are here: https://eksisozluk.com/cin-elar--2255268 But, like most song lyrics written by just listening to the song, it is probably not 100% accurate.

kına ari man ari, çin elar çin elar
          çin elarıs tamama, harıt kıdi dun are
          kurkencan, papkencan, halıs yahşı yaman a

intzi hamar lusnak yes
          merpipari tzerpipari cıhkerı, cıhkerı
          madanu ankin ag yes
          intzi varetz horomsimi, kayaneyi, şoğagati
          cami ceri cıhkeri, cıhkeri

ay dığa volor molor, çin elar çin elar, çin elarıs tamama,
          konimen kosim polor
          gabel yes kirman kodin

merpipari tzerpipari cıhkeri, cıhkeri
          intz ces tohum kez modig

mi pahir serıs tu yes, çin elar çin elar, çin elarıs tamama
          araçın serıs tu yes
          aherp arı yerp kıdar
          kılhin lihşen ajva vah

yes modaj yem kocari, çin elar çin elar, çin elarıs tamama
          tu nişane modani

mert zerıt ku can ahcig
          imlalu vay can ahcig
          Last edited by bell-the-cat; 02-01-2014, 07:56 PM.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Hmmm. I wonder what dialect it is. The posters didn't seem to know. .

With some minor adjustments:

kına ari man ari,
            clear! --

çin elar çin elar
            Not so clear-- chin?

çin elarıs tamama,
            now, somewhat clear

harıt kıdi dun are
            Clear! "you father knows, come home!"

Kurken jan, Papken jan,
            halıs yahşı yaman a

Let me run this by Arpa at that "other place".

intzi hamar lusnak yes
            Clear as a bell.

mer pipari tzer pipari cıhkerı, cıhkerı
            Except for "chikeri", perhaps "effort, struggle, attempts"?

madanu ankin ag yes
            clear!

intzi varetz Horomsimi, Kayaneyi, Shoğagati

Yup. Let me pass this by Arpa.

Comment

In any case, this trend in Turkey of exploring their ethnic folklore and not excluding the Armenian folk content is a truly positive one. Hrant Dink's impact seems to be showing.

Comment

Originally posted by hagopn View Post
                Let me run this by Arpa at that "other place".
                And at that other place is it also forbidden to mention this place?

And yes, anonim = anonymous.

A question should also be where did Grup Munzur get the lyrics from?

Unlikely to be from a native speaker so it maybe would be from an old song book perhaps, or an old recording.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                X