Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Regional geopolitics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Regional geopolitics

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
      In a few words, I think Erdoghan with absolute and dictatorial powers is more beneficial to us then seculiar, parliamentary and allmost democratic Turkey under wests love and protection.
      For Erdoghan being the most powerful leader since Ataturk there is no doubt. Looks like he is reversing ataturk's legacy and turkey back to ottoman islamist structure.
      Good...
      A dictator on top and undemocratic turkey will soon have deep divisions inside, strong enemies outside and bad economy just like any dictatorship country.
      Panturkists may be happy now. But the world is too complex for antic osmanizm based on islamism to prosper.
      Especially given last century of ottoman empire, the world around could not fit it in even if it tried to. Now consider Russia and Europe, who wants to cut it's limbs to fit sultan in tge room where they can't even fit in there themselfs.
      One example, I read that last week turks negotiated with Russians about Crimea and anouncement was "no progress achieved, but agreed that issue does not reflect negatively mutual relations".
      What negotiations if not some kind if demand or cohession in line with erdoghsn's psicho?
      What does russia have to agree with turkey for after going against all the world (and much important Ukraine) and paying so dearly in sunctions and economy for Crimea?
      Turks think that they can make camel pass thru needle hole with Russia?
      Turkey needs west to stay afloat, but how much can he shove the stick before west has enough?
      In Syria turkey was with west but in such a narrow turkic agenda that soon flopped sides, dropping west's allready weak condition to so low.
      It's not the second Korean war there, it's diffrent.
      The beliefs of Turks means nothing. They are never to be trusted to uphold anything. They cannot even uphold their own military juntas.

In regards to government structure. Armenia needs a strong leadership with safeguards and an open ear for townsfolk. One body to be a token for the interests of the Armenian people, rather than having six in the same building arguing over nonsensical BS.

One body, that is anti-capitalist and anti-democratic in nature. Corruption will surely be uprooted in such a case. A council to oversee the leaders performance would also be needed, to strip a leader of their power if they are found to be incompetent.

Whatever you want to call Armenia's system, it is simply not working and is unwieldy. People still suffer, still hungry, still at war. Its been like this for 20 years, and every election changes nothing. There is nothing ideological at stake in them. Just fake democratic elections.

Comment

In a few words, I think Erdoghan with absolute and dictatorial powers is more beneficial to us then seculiar, parliamentary and allmost democratic Turkey under wests love and protection.
        Absolutely! I have been saying this for years, the reason Turkey wasn't punished for the genocide was simply because the ottoman empire was no more, and a new democratic/pro western government was put in place. If Erdogan continues his path (of trying to make Turkey into a super power) Russia/US together will take them down. I don't know how much of a benefit it will be for us, but I imagine Kurdistan will become a reality.

Originally posted by Lori View Post
        Whatever you want to call Armenia's system, it is simply not working and is unwieldy. People still suffer, still hungry, still at war. Its been like this for 20 years, and every election changes nothing. There is nothing ideological at stake in them. Just fake democratic elections.
        Please keep your negativity to a minimum, this is the 3rd or 4th time i've seen you use this type of weak language on here. Armenia is still young, there is a lot of work to be done but it is definitely headed in the right direction.
        Last edited by Shant03; 03-16-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
          Absolutely! I have been saying this for years, the reason Turkey wasn't punished for the genocide was simply because the ottoman empire was no more, and a new democratic/pro western government was put in place. If Erdogan continues his path (of trying to make Turkey into a super power) Russia/US together will take them down. I don't know how much of a benefit it will be for us, but I imagine Kurdistan will become a reality.

Please keep your negativity to a minimum, this is the 3rd or 4th time i've seen you use this type of weak language on here. Armenia is still young, there is a lot of work to be done but it is definitely headed in the right direction.
          You sound like my mother. If you don't like my opinion or if what im saying is getting you down man. Either smoke another bowl or don't read what I write. Its that simple. If you think I'm wrong then show me that Im wrong. Im a grown man and I am not scared to admit it. Don't tell me to shut it, thats not an argument. I appreciate that you kept it sane and mature however.

Turkey has never been anywhere near Western-style liberal democracy. They replaced an Islamist monarchy with a constitutional monarchy led by Turkish nationalists. After that fell apart and 2-3 million of the native inhabitants of Anatolia were exterminated, they were themselves replaced with a interim pro-Entente government which trialed its former leaders in absentia. This puppet government was later overthrown by the same Turkish nationalists. Also known as Mustafa Kemal's gang. After the Secular Sultan's death, its been pretty much military dictatorship to military dictatorship.

There has never been democracy or room for such a system in Turkey ever. Mustafa Kemal's coming to power could be likened to the Allies, after overthrowing Hitler, letting Rudolf Hess take over Germany and rule it from there. Never leaving the ideology that led to genocide, but rather strengthening it within the society of aforesaid nation. That is what Ataturk did to Turkey. That is why we have never had any justice for 1915.
          Last edited by Lori; 03-16-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Please keep your negativity to a minimum, this is the 3rd or 4th time i've seen you use this type of weak language on here. Armenia is still young, there is a lot of work to be done but it is definitely headed in the right direction.[/QUOTE]

To tell you honestly, looking at current elections (and past) I cant pull myself to happy thoughts either.
            What can you say if Tsarukian has 40-60% support by just telling everywhere that he is there to help (allways talking on second person about himself and as if he is there to be savior to a nation , no political or economic plan) and people flock and worship him in hopes of his hand outs, again socioeconomic plan expectations in the air.
            As I said, will Tsarukian build 300000 homes, create 500000 jobs and pay off $6 billion debt out of his pocket?
            Why is our people so easy to fool?

Comment

To tell you honestly, looking at current elections (and past) I cant pull myself to happy thoughts either.
              What can you say if Tsarukian has 40-60% support by just telling everywhere that he is there to help (allways talking on second person about himself and as if he is there to be savior to a nation , no political or economic plan) and people flock and worship him in hopes of his hand outs, again socioeconomic plan expectations in the air.
              As I said, will Tsarukian build 300000 homes, create 500000 jobs and pay off $6 billion debt out of his pocket?
              Why is our people so easy to fool?[/QUOTE]
              --- why is our people so easy to fool? ---
              Same reason virtually all the other peoples are easy to fool.
              The common man seeks justice (but) only for himself or his own.
              Deep down, the ordinary man --- wants --- to be RICH. He does not seek justice or equality for all, but wealth for himself.
              The foibles of man are as relevant today as the very beginning. This is why the general populace is so easily manipulated by the seedy self centered "sophisticated" rulers ... they (general populace) is SELF CENTERED.
              Virtually everyone is seeking (desiring) wealth for THEMSELVES, not justice for all.
              Welcome to the world of man, where man rules.
              Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
                You sound like my mother. If you don't like my opinion or if what im saying is getting you down man. Either smoke another bowl or don't read what I write. Its that simple. If you think I'm wrong then show me that Im wrong. Im a grown man and I am not scared to admit it. Don't tell me to shut it, thats not an argument. I appreciate that you kept it sane and mature however.

Turkey has never been anywhere near Western-style liberal democracy. They replaced an Islamist monarchy with a constitutional monarchy led by Turkish nationalists. After that fell apart and 2-3 million of the native inhabitants of Anatolia were exterminated, they were themselves replaced with a interim pro-Entente government which trialed its former leaders in absentia. This puppet government was later overthrown by the same Turkish nationalists. Also known as Mustafa Kemal's gang. After the Secular Sultan's death, its been pretty much military dictatorship to military dictatorship.

There has never been democracy or room for such a system in Turkey ever. Mustafa Kemal's coming to power could be likened to the Allies, after overthrowing Hitler, letting Rudolf Hess take over Germany and rule it from there. Never leaving the ideology that led to genocide, but rather strengthening it within the society of aforesaid nation. That is what Ataturk did to Turkey. That is why we have never had any justice for 1915.

100%

Comment

‘You are the future of Europe’: Erdogan urges Turks in EU to have at least 5 kids

Turkish President Recep Erdogan has urged all Turks living in Europe to have at least five children, saying they are the future of the continent and that it would be the best response to the “injustices” imposed on expatriates there.

Turkish President Recep Erdogan has urged all Turks living in Europe to have at least five children, saying they are the future of the continent and that it would be the best response to the “injustices” imposed on expatriates there.

“Go live in better neighborhoods. Drive the best cars. Live in the best houses. Make not three, but five children. Because you are the future of Europe. That will be the best response to the injustices against you,” Erdogan said in the city of Eskisehir on Friday, according to AP.

The comments were made while the Turkish president was campaigning for a ‘yes’ vote in an upcoming constitutional referendum that would grant him sweeping new powers......

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

From debka today

The Israeli military said its fighter jets had struck several targets in Syria early Friday, March 17, and were back in Israeli-controlled airspace, when Syria launched several anti-aircraft missiles toward the Israeli jets. Israel’s Arrow air defense missile intercepted one of the missiles, the army said, but would not elaborate on whether any other hostile missiles had struck Israeli territory. The safety of Israeli civilians and the safety of the Israeli aircraft “were not compromised,” the IDF spokesman stressed.
                    DEBKAfile’s military sources: The official IDF communiqué raises questions. It does not make sense for Israeli Arrow missiles to be aimed at Syrian ground-to-air rockets fired against the Israeli warplanes. The Arrow would only be used to intercept an incoming Syrian or Hizballah ground-to-ground missile heading for a target in Israel.
                    That too would explain the huge blast that resounded from the eastern Jordan Valley as far as Jerusalem, 150km away in the small hours of Friday.
                    This explanation gained credibility from the Syrian army account: “A total of four Israeli jets breached Syrian airspace on Friday morning. They hit a “military target” near Palmyra. In retaliation the jets were targeted by Syrian anti-aircraft missiles, which shot down on Israeli plane over “occupied ground.” Following the breach of the country's airspace, the Syrian Army warned Israel of "direct" retaliation "with all means at its disposal,"
                    The Israeli Army stressed that none of the IAE planes was harmed. "At no point was the safety of Israeli civilians or the IAF [Israeli Air Force] aircraft compromised," an Israeli military spokesman said.
                    DEBKAfile’s military sources add: The big T4 Syrian air base is located near Palmyra. If that was indeed the target of the Israeli raid, it would have been the northernmost point in Syria ever attacked by Israeli warplanes.
                    The fact that fragments of the Arrow missile landed in the north Jordanian village of Anbata in the Irbid district, as revealed by social media, is added evidence that it was launched against a missile fired into Israel. Had the Arrow intercepted anti-air missiles in northern Syria, the fragments falling from the interception would not have reached Jordan or alerted rocket sirens close by in the Jordan Valley on the Israeli side of the border.
                    Furthermore, it is time to abandon the routine official attribution of any Israeli air strike over Syria as targeting an advanced weapons convoy heading for Hizballah in Lebanon. It is no longer credible. Following its intervention in the Syrian war, Hizballah maintains many military facilities, stationary and mobile, on Syria soil, geared ready for attacking Israel. The pro-Iranian Shiite group no longer needs to send convoys into Lebanon. Its advanced weaponry is housed in permanent bases in the western Syrian towns of Zabadani and Quseir.
                    In recent weeks, in fact, Hizballah is busy digging deep underground storage pits to hold those advanced weapons systems outside those towns. According to some reports, they are also digging vast tunnels to funnel troops and hardware linking those pits to Lebanon.
                    The fog of battle still hangs over Friday’s episode. But it was serious enough to mark an escalation in Israel’s military involvement in Syria. This in turn exacerbates the risk for Israel of impending clashes with the Syrian army and Hizballah, under the direction of Iran.

Comment

Russian troops on Egypt/Lybia border
                      From Debka

Russian elite units armed with attack drones were detected on Tuesday, March 14 landing at the big Egyptian air base of Sidi Barrani in the Western Desert near the Libyan border, US military sources reported The incoming Russian troops took up position 95 km from the Libyan border and 240km from the eastern Libyan oil and gas terminals at Tobruk port in eastern Libya. They arrived after their Libyan ally suffered a major defeat.
                      On March 3, Gen. Khalifa Hafter’s Libyan National Army (LNA) militia was attacked in the central region by the rival Benghazi Defense Brigades and driven out of five towns, including the country’s biggest oil terminals at Ras Sidi and Ras Lanuf.
                      Officials in Washington, Moscow and Cairo declined to comment on whether or not the Russians had acted in coordination the Trump administration.
                      According to DEBKAfile’s military sources, the Russians an Egyptians appear to be preparing to support a counter-offensive by Hafter’s militia to recover the oil facilities.
                      For some months now, Moscow, Cairo and Qatar have been working together to bolster Gen. Haftar, who strongly challenges the UN-backed government of Tripoli. His LNA has taken delivery of Russian fighter jets and tanks, while the Egyptian air force has bombed the mostly Islamist militias fighting him, some of them branches of the Islamic State or Al Qaeda.

Although Haftar’s troops are engaged in battle with rival militias across a broad swathe of territory, from Sirte in central Libya to Tobruk in the east, his main objective is to seize control of the oil and gas fields and refineries in the eastern ports.
                      For President Vladimir Putin, support for Gen, Hafter is a key step in Russia’s military and strategic reach for footholds across the Middle East. He has chosen Tobruk as the next Russian air and naval base in the Mediterranean as a counterpoint to Latakia in Syria. Hafter’s LNA will provide protection.
                      DEBKAfile first picked up on this development three months ago, when our military sources spotted the Russian aircraft carrier, Admiral Kuznetsov leaving Syrian waters and heading west. The carrier sailed into Tobruk port on Jan. 12. Gen. Hafter was invited on board for a tour of the ship’s facilities and connected to Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu in his Moscow office for a videotaped chat. This was an exceptional gesture on Moscow’s part in support of a controversial Middle East figure.
                      More recently, the Libyan general visited Cairo to discuss the details of cooperation between the Egyptian army and the LNA with President Abdel-Fatteh El-Sisi.

Comment

Working...
                      X