Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Kurds and Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kurds and Armenians

Hayayrun,

I think you answered the fellows question to some degree.....

However I Desiree with you conclusion. As evident in what took place in Tigranakert this month. Regarding the restoration of an Armenian Church, the Kurdish Mayor welcoming Armenians back. It was in the Armenian press. Take a look.

So wile I agree that the genocide is a black stain on Kurdish history, sincere atonement is a way to start.

Now if you want to keep hating them, I can understand. However they have the numbers, they are on our historic land, and they hate Turks. Do the math.

John

Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Comment

They me be Yezidi, but apparently the Kurds call them Kurds. They have a different religion from Kurds in Anatolia, however they are the same ethnicity.All the Kurds I have spoken to were surprisingly adamant about it. I have never spoken to a Yezidi, frankly we should probably ask them what they think. Anyone know any of them??

JK

Comment

Originally posted by Armeniansurfer View Post
        ... If Armenian's are a christian people we should try to forgive....

Let me remind you that you have no right (nor any individual) to forgive since you did not suffer individually the injustice.

All you need to do is to have a look at some of the harrowing photos of genocide victims and say,
        never mind I am a Christian so I will forgive them on your behalf.

“Forgiveness” is the first step to “forgetness”.

Forget if you wish but please do not call the nation to the path of forgetness.
        Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
        Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
        Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

As one who's family to suffer loss during the Genocide, of course I have "The right" to say what I will. Further do not dare take my first amendment right from me. As you see I do have both a moral and legal right to say as I will regarding any Armenian issue. Try not to make assumptions regarding individuals you do not know.

Anyway I was quoting someone else regarding forgiveness. He is the center of our Christian faith, If Christianity is not your religion I suppose you do not have to forgive. Unfortunately it is mentioned quite a bit in that book. Not much I can do about that, Sorry...I did not make the rules.

Saludos,

John

Puerdo Escondido Mexico

Comment

If you think that Nations on this earth survive or meet their demise depending on how good Christians
            they are you are living in the “World of Alice in Wonderland”.

Smart people (politically) learn from others mistakes.
            Unlucky ones from their own mistakes.

Dum people never learn.

The reason? because they do not have (emotional) knowledge, no engrained memory,
            flippant about those terrible events, unable to understand its consequences and the heavy toll on the nation, still on-going.

YES I repeat nobody has the right to offer forgiveness on behalf of those who suffered NOT even a President of Armenia.

As for you and your first amendment YOU can forgive and forget and join all those before you,
            thus preparing their next generation who will grow with no knowledge who they are.
            Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
            Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Anyway I was quoting someone else regarding forgiveness.
              You mean "copy and paste", not applying you judgement.

He is the center of our Christian faith, If Christianity is not your religion I suppose you do not have to forgive. Unfortunately it is mentioned quite a bit in that book. Not much I can do about that, Sorry...I did not make the rules.
              If somebody commits a crime, as part of his retribution he asks for forgiveness.

If the crime was done to YOU its up to YOU to forgive or not.
              If the crime was done to (say) a member of your family then you listen in dignity without uttering the words
              “I forgive” since it was not you who was the recipient of the action.

However in this case the criminal is not even considering to ask for forgiveness
              how on earth those “good Christians” shouting from their perches “I forgive, I forgive,.... I am a good christian,.... its in the book” etc etc ..... simply bizarre.

Incidentally I am a Christian and I believe in God.

Also I never forget the “first amendment” that God gave me as an instinct to do my utmost
              to survive both as a living creature and with my identity.
              Last edited by londontsi; 11-06-2011, 01:16 AM.

Comment

They me be Yezidi, but apparently the Kurds call them Kurds. They have a different religion from Kurds in Anatolia, however they are the same ethnicity.All the Kurds I have spoken to were surprisingly adamant about it. I have never spoken to a Yezidi, frankly we should probably ask them what they think. Anyone know any of them??

JK
                ".... all the Kurds I have spoken to". That says it all. I'm sorry - but if you base things on what Kurds tell you then your perceptions will be far away from truth.

You protest against hatred towards Kurds, but at the same time want to continue hatred towards Turks. Isn't that contraditory? And as for Kurdish apologies - it is easy to apologise when you have nothing to loose by giving the apology, need to do nothing after giving the apology, and have much to gain from giving it.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                  Incidentally I am a Christian and I believe in God.
                  I doubt that. You may sincerely think you are, but few "Christians" are actually Christians. Your opinion that you cannot give forgiveness to others for what those others did to a third party, if you want to attach it to a religion, is actually very Islamic in outlook.

What Kurds and Turks need to do is just have full understanding and acceptance of what happened, not give mostly for show apologies that may mean different things to different people. Do they even know what they are apologising for?
                  Last edited by bell-the-cat; 11-06-2011, 09:15 AM.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Lets also not forget that Kurds joined/served the Turks (the Sultan) because rewards were promised.

However the plight of the Kurds is what it is because they were double crossed by the Turks once the Armenian problem was “eliminated”.

Of course now they complain they are a victim.

All I can say “shune shunin mise togh oude”.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                      I doubt that. You may sincerely think you are, but few "Christians" are actually Christians. Your opinion that you cannot give forgiveness to others for what those others did to a third party, if you want to attach it to a religion, is actually very Islamic in outlook.

If you ever followed Armenian religious sermons etc the cleric never says “you be forgiven” but instead “May God forgive you”.

So my definition is very much to the Armenian church that I am aware of. Cannot comment on other religions.

Therefore I disagree with you as far as being of Islamic outlook.

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                      What Kurds and Turks need to do is just have full understanding and acceptance of what happened, not give mostly for show apologies that may mean different things to different people. Do they even know what they are apologising for?

Apologies and forgiveness as you say are just words.
                      Seeking forgiveness also involves righting the wrong.... as far as possible in “cooperation” with the "victim".
                      Last edited by londontsi; 11-06-2011, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X