Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Kurds and Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kurds and Armenians

Originally posted by retro View Post
    If that land in Northern Iraq belongs to anyone it's the Assyrians and as we know Iraqi Christians have been forced to flee.
    That land is Kurdistan. Assyrians in the KRG are largely pro-Kurd, don't listen to the brainwashed western Assyrians. I'm 1/4 Assyrian myself. Assyrians are forced to flee? what are you crazy? since 2003, thousands of Assyrian families of moved to Kurdistan from Baghdad and other places where they are oppressed, where as in Kurdistan they receive all the rights we receive! they learned Aramaic in government funded schools, pray in government funded new built churches and free to celebrate their cultural seasons! have you seen the Assyrian new 'Akitu' in Duhok? thousands of Assyrians show up, freely waving Assyrian national flags, protected by Kurdish security forces, which other country would tolerate them doing that?

There are cultural clubs for Assyrians, 5 reserved seats in parliament and so on! don't believe me? read the comments made by Assyrians that live in Kurdistan (moved back from the west, these people generally had negative views until they actually moved back)

"So your opinion on the Assyrians in Kurdistan is based on Assyrians you met ABROAD. Doesn't make sense, does it."

"Well I live in Erbil, and I can assure you there is no hate between the two groups. So no need to be sad!

It's just young men in the diaspora that fight each other for no reason."

"Again, diaspora. Why am I, a citizen of Erbil, responsible for what someone says in Europe or America? How is this fair? Shame on Kurds that judge this way."
    http://www.rudaw.net/english/kurds/4436.html (comments section).

Don't base your opinion on what some kids that have never even spent a day in Kurdistan tell you, or what you read in bias media. I can safely tell you that the situation for Assyrians in Kurdistan is not perfect, but they are not treated differently than the average Kurd is.

Kurdistan is rising! western 'Syrian' Kurdistan is next.

Welcome to Erbil!

Comment

Get back in your tent.
      Last edited by Zartonq; 02-28-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by retro View Post
        Armanen

Syria could go the same way as Iraq and the Armenians and Syrian Christians in Syria need to be armed.
        Yes, I never argued otherwise. I think Armenia has a moral responsibility to help Armenians in Syria or wherever they may be threatened by any means necessary.
        For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
        to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by kurdman View Post
          That land is Kurdistan. Assyrians in the KRG are largely pro-Kurd, don't listen to the brainwashed western Assyrians. I'm 1/4 Assyrian myself. Assyrians are forced to flee? what are you crazy? since 2003, thousands of Assyrian families of moved to Kurdistan from Baghdad and other places where they are oppressed, where as in Kurdistan they receive all the rights we receive! they learned Aramaic in government funded schools, pray in government funded new built churches and free to celebrate their cultural seasons! have you seen the Assyrian new 'Akitu' in Duhok? thousands of Assyrians show up, freely waving Assyrian national flags, protected by Kurdish security forces, which other country would tolerate them doing that?

There are cultural clubs for Assyrians, 5 reserved seats in parliament and so on! don't believe me? read the comments made by Assyrians that live in Kurdistan (moved back from the west, these people generally had negative views until they actually moved back)

http://www.rudaw.net/english/kurds/4436.html (comments section).

Don't base your opinion on what some kids that have never even spent a day in Kurdistan tell you, or what you read in bias media. I can safely tell you that the situation for Assyrians in Kurdistan is not perfect, but they are not treated differently than the average Kurd is.

Welcome to Erbil!

Armenians and Kurds have a common enemy, the Turks. But the difficult part is the competing land claims to modern Eastern Turkey. Armenian claims are historical, while Kurdish claims are based on squatters right, i.e. they are in those lands now. Who will get that land will depend on who liberates it.

I have heard fairly good things about Iraqi Kurdistan, and in comparison to the rest of that failed state it is the only shining example of progression. As for the treatment of Assyrians, if what you say is true then that is great news. But you should also know that Assyrians live a comfortable and peaceful existence in Armenia has well, so there is nothing unique about the Kurdish treatment of the Assyrian minority.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
            Armenians and Kurds have a common enemy, the Turks. But the difficult part is the competing land claims to modern Eastern Turkey. Armenian claims are historical, while Kurdish claims are based on squatters right, i.e. they are in those lands now. Who will get that land will depend on who liberates it.

I have heard fairly good things about Iraqi Kurdistan, and in comparison to the rest of that failed state it is the only shining example of progression. As for the treatment of Assyrians, if what you say is true then that is great news. But you should also know that Assyrians live a comfortable and peaceful existence in Armenia has well, so there is nothing unique about the Kurdish treatment of the Assyrian minority.
            I will refrain from talking about history because we will just not agree. As for the Assyrians, it is indeed unique because in christian majority towns they have special rights, i.e Muslims can't but properties there! it is somewhat like a de-facto autonomy they have there. In Armenia does the government pay for schools that teach Aramaic first and Armenian second? because in Kurdistan, in Assyrian schools (there are a total of 25,000 Assyrian children enrolled in Assyrian schools) they learn Aramaic first, and Kurdish second! not only that, the government funds free housing for displaced Assyrians and tries to get them jobs. Some of the most patriotic Kurds were actually Assyrian, for example Franso Hariri (the Erbil stadium is named after him). Come to think of it, the first lady to join the Peshmerga ranks was either Assyrian or Armenian. I'm not sure.

As for Syria, the opposition has agreed to Kurdish autonomy after many behind the door meetings in Erbil and Washington, we can easily send politically able people from Erbil to Syria to rule the region once it happens.

"Chairman of the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) Devlet Bahçeli has said that his party is concerned about a promise by Syrian opposition forces to grant autonomy to that country's Kurdish minority."

"ERBIL, Iraqi Kurdistan -- The United States has urged Syria’s two major opposition umbrella groups to unite and for Kurdish rights to be recognized by Arab opposition groups, according to Abdulhakim Bashar, the head of Kurdish National Council (KNC).

Bashar, who attended the Feb. 24 Friends of Syria conference in Tunisia, said the request came during a meeting he had with Burhan Ghalioun, the head of Syrian National Council (SNC), and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. "

Comment

Well some of the nouveau riche, oil Kurds in Kirkuk are certainly doing well.

Comment

I will refrain from talking about history because we will just not agree. As for the Assyrians, it is indeed unique because in christian majority towns they have special rights, i.e Muslims can't but properties there! it is somewhat like a de-facto autonomy they have there. In Armenia does the government pay for schools that teach Aramaic first and Armenian second? because in Kurdistan, in Assyrian schools (there are a total of 25,000 Assyrian children enrolled in Assyrian schools) they learn Aramaic first, and Kurdish second! not only that, the government funds free housing for displaced Assyrians and tries to get them jobs. Some of the most patriotic Kurds were actually Assyrian, for example Franso Hariri (the Erbil stadium is named after him). Come to think of it, the first lady to join the Peshmerga ranks was either Assyrian or Armenian. I'm not sure.

As for Syria, the opposition has agreed to Kurdish autonomy after many behind the door meetings in Erbil and Washington, we can easily send politically able people from Erbil to Syria to rule the region once it happens.

"Chairman of the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) Devlet Bahçeli has said that his party is concerned about a promise by Syrian opposition forces to grant autonomy to that country's Kurdish minority."

"ERBIL, Iraqi Kurdistan -- The United States has urged Syria’s two major opposition umbrella groups to unite and for Kurdish rights to be recognized by Arab opposition groups, according to Abdulhakim Bashar, the head of Kurdish National Council (KNC).

Bashar, who attended the Feb. 24 Friends of Syria conference in Tunisia, said the request came during a meeting he had with Burhan Ghalioun, the head of Syrian National Council (SNC), and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. "

http://www.rudaw.net/english/news/syria/4473.html
                Assyrians have their own radio and newspapers which are partially subsidized by the government. I don't know about the schools, but Armenia also does not have a large Assyrian population, no more than 6,000. Also, Armenia doesn't try to divide people by race or ethnicity or religion. If you are a citizen of Armenia then you receive the same rights as an ethnic Armenian.

As for the history. Not sure what you mean. It is undeniable that Armenians have been in Asia Minor far longer than the Kurds, specifically the Armenian Highlands and the Caucasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayayrun View Post
                  xxxx off from our forum this is an armenian forum and not a kurdish, there is no place for a sun of a xxxxx ...
                  Written by a 37-post wonder.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Zartonq View Post
                    Get back in your tent.
                    Written by a 20-post wonder.

....I wonder how many posts these newbies think they need to make before they think they own the place? Five, two, none at all?
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                      Assyrians have their own radio and newspapers which are partially subsidized by the government. I don't know about the schools, but Armenia also does not have a large Assyrian population, no more than 6,000. Also, Armenia doesn't try to divide people by race or ethnicity or religion. If you are a citizen of Armenia then you receive the same rights as an ethnic Armenian.

As for the history. Not sure what you mean. It is undeniable that Armenians have been in Asia Minor far longer than the Kurds, specifically the Armenian Highlands and the Caucasus.
                      In general our minorities are very happy with the rights and treatment given by Armenia. Yezidis for example are generally very positive with the rights/treatment of them. They in return eagerly fought on our side during Karabakh war.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---
                      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X