Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Kurds and Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kurds and Armenians

I'm not going to lower myself to your level and make degenerate comments because at the end of the day, that is what the uncivilized people do, and I will refrain from doing so for the couple decent Armenians out there, infact there are a good 20,000 decent Armenians around Duhok.

Assyrian/chaldean/nestorian or whatever other term they use for Christian Kurds these days are nothing but pawns for extra votes in the elections.Look up their nationalist sites and see how they moan about the Assyrian parties in Syria aligning themselves with the KNC in Syria.

I suggest you worry more about the fail state of Armenia and the growing numbers of people leaving Armenia on a daily bases.
    Last edited by kurdman; 03-08-2012, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kurdman View Post
      I'm not going to lower myself to your level and make degenerate comments because at the end of the day, that is what the uncivilized people do, and I will refrain from doing so for the couple decent Armenians out there, infact there are a good 20,000 decent Armenians around Duhok.

Assyrian/chaldean/nestorian or whatever other term they use for Christian Kurds these days are nothing but pawns for extra votes in the elections.Look up their nationalist sites and see how they moan about the Assyrian parties in Syria aligning themselves with the KNC in Syria.

I suggest you worry more about the fail state of Armenia and the growing numbers of people leaving Armenia on a daily bases.
      These can't be the descendants of the Armenians, goaded on by Russians, who massacred 5,000 in that same place, can they?

You now post against Assyrians...........who next turctool?

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
        These can't be the descendants of the Armenians, goaded on by Russians, who massacred 5,000 in that same place, can they?

You now post against Assyrians...........who next turctool?
        I'm not against 'Assyrians' in any way. Infact I'm a 1/4 'Assyrian' myself. No, actually, we saved their ass from the Ottomans and now from the terrorists in Baghdad. Funny aint it? Kurdistan has given refuge to 200,000 christian (be it Armenians or 'Assyrian').

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
          Kurds doing in Duhok what Kurds do.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Dohuk_riots
          An unfortunate event. I'm not going to try to stick up for those fools, because it is clear they were in the wrong, but to say that it was a Kurdish attack is completely wrong! it was a Muslim attack, a very small minority of people living in the outskirts of the main cities and were motivated by a crazy mullah. I suggest you use google next time and not just wikipedia where Kids often with agenda write the articles because if you did you would have noticed that after the attacks it was Muslim Kurds that took revenge in the name of the Christians not that two rights make a wrong but I assure you, the police arrested all those involved from both sides because after the attacks the offices of the local Muslim political parties were completely burned.

Comment

TURKEY'S KURDS SEEK FORGIVENESS FOR 1915 ARMENIAN TRAGEDY

Al-Monitor
            Sept 3 2013

By: Amberin Zaman for Al-Monitor Turkey Pulse Posted on September 3.

"The Armenian population is melting."

This bleak assessment was pronounced by Sahak Mashalyan, an Armenian
            Orthodox priest, during a recent Sunday mass at the Asdvadzadzin
            church in Istanbul. Reeling off the statistics: 1,482 funerals, 236
            baptisms and 191 weddings, the black-robed cleric solemnly intoned,
            "These figures point to a community ... that is dying."

Little over a century ago, the Armenian Patriarchate put Anatolia's
            Armenian population at more than two million. In 1915, tragedy struck.

Estimated figures vary, but between 800,000 and a million Armenians are
            thought to have been slaughtered by Ottoman forces and their Kurdish
            allies in what many respected historians call the first genocide of
            the 20th century. Turkey vehemently denies any genocidal intent. The
            official line is that most of the Armenians died from hunger and
            disease, as they were forcibly deported to the deserts of Syria amid
            the upheaval of the collapsing empire.

The ruling Islamic Justice and Development Party has done more than
            any of its pro-secular predecessors to improve the lot of Christian
            minorities and to encourage freer debate of the horrors that befell
            them. Yet it has also showered millions of dollars on international
            lobbying firms in a vain effort to peddle the official version of
            events. A steady trickle of nations continue to recognize the events
            of 1915 as genocide. Turkey's biggest worry is that on the centenary in
            2015, the United States will risk wrecking relations and follow suit.

In Turkey's mainly Kurdish southeastern province of Diyarbakir, global
            diplomacy does not figure in the calculations of Abdullah Demirbas,
            the mayor of the city's ancient Sur district. A maze of narrow cobbled
            streets lined with decrepit stone houses, Sur used to be known as
            the "neighborhood of the infidels" because of the large number of
            Armenians, Syrian Orthodox Christians and xxxs who once lived there.

Since being twice elected to office on the ticket of Turkey's largest
            pro-Kurdish party, Peace and Democracy (BDP), Demirbas, a stocky former
            schoolteacher with an easy smile, has thrown himself wholeheartedly
            into making amends for the past.

"As Kurds, we also bear responsibility for the suffering of the
            Armenians," he told Al-Monitor over glasses of ruby-red tea. "We are
            sorry, and we need to prove it." As a first step, Demirbas launched
            free Armenian-language classes two years ago at the municipality
            offices. "They were an instant hit," Demirbas said. Many of those who
            enrolled were thought to be "hidden Armenians" or the descendants of
            those who converted to Islam to survive.

One such "hidden Armenian," a gnarled octogenarian called Ismail,
            confided to Al-Monitor that his father's real name was Leon.

"They wiped out his entire family, out in the fields," he said as he
            awaited an audience with Demirbas. The old man's voice cracked with
            emotion. "My father was rescued by a Turkish officer and became a
            Muslim. But though, praise God, I am a good Muslim too, praying five
            times a day, I know I am not accepted," he added. "In their minds,
            I am always the son of the unbeliever."

The Kurds' role in the killings has been well documented, increasingly
            now by the Kurds themselves.

Egged on by their Ottoman rulers, Kurdish tribal chieftains raped,
            murdered and pillaged their way through the southeast provinces where
            for centuries they had co-existed, if uneasily, with the Armenians and
            other non-Muslims. Henry Morgenthau, who served as US ambassador in
            Constantinople at the height of the bloodshed, described the Kurds'
            complicity in his chilling 1918 memoir Ambassador Morgenthau's
            Story thusly:

"The Kurds would sweep down from their mountain homes. Rushing up
            to the young girls, they would lift their veils and carry the pretty
            ones off to the hills. They would steal such children as pleased their
            fancy and mercilessly rob all the rest of the throng. ... While they
            were committing these depredations, the Kurds would freely massacre,
            and the screams of women and old men would add to the general horror."

Osman Koker, a Turkish historian who has chronicled Armenian life
            through a rich collection of postcards and photographs predating 1915,
            reckons more than half of Diyarbakir's population was non-Muslim
            before the violence began.

"Most of them were Armenians, now there are none," Koker told
            Al-Monitor in an interview. Hashim Hashimi, a former member of
            parliament and a Sunni Muslim spiritual leader with a robust following,
            told Al-Monitor, "Sadly, many imams were convincing people that if
            they killed an infidel they would find their place in heaven and be
            rewarded with beautiful girls." This meant that thousands of Syrian
            Orthodox and other Christians were not spared, either.

In 2009 Demirbas and Osman Baydemir, a fellow BDP politician and the
            mayor of Greater Diyarbakir, decided to help with the restoration of
            an Armenian Orthodox church that had lay in ruins for decades in Sur.

Baydemir donated a third of the costs of restoring Surp Giragos to
            its former magnificence. In 2011 the church, said to be the largest
            Armenian church in the Middle East, opened its doors as a fully
            functioning house of worship.

Ergun Ayik, an Armenian entrepreneur and philanthropist who runs the
            Surp Giragos Foundation, told Al-Monitor that the BDP mayors "went
            out of their way to help us," even providing the church with free
            utilities and security guards. A new museum of Armenian culture that is
            due to open by the end of 2013 within the Surp Giragos complex under
            the sponsorship of the Greater Diyarbakir municipality should also
            help draw tourists, not to mention thousands of "hidden Armenians"
            thought to be scattered across the southeast.

Silva Ozyerli, an Armenian activist from Diyarbakir who left for
            Istanbul in the 1970s, has agreed to donate some family treasures,
            including a silk nightshirt, several finely embroidered tablecloths
            and a pair of engraved copper bowls to the museum. Ozyerli voiced
            her enthusiasm for the project in an interview with Al-Monitor.

"You know why it is dear to me?" she asked a tinge of defiance creeping
            into her voice. "It is because everything in that museum will show
            people that not too long ago, Diyarbakir was every bit as Armenian
            as it was Kurdish, if not more so."

Amberin Zaman is an Istanbul-based writer who has covered Turkey for
            The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, The Daily Telegraph and
            the Voice of America. A frequent commentator on Turkish television,
            she is currently Turkey correspondent for The Economist, a position
            she has retained since 1999.

Turkey’s Kurds are taking responsibility for their role in the mass killings of Ottoman Armenians in 1915.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Working...
            X