Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How Much of the Bible Must Be Historical to Believe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How Much of the Bible Must Be Historical to Believe?

Con't from posts 227 & 228 ---
    --- been around the dead. After a while they get stiff. If you move their foot , their head moves at the same time, like if you flip a board at one end , the other end flips at the same time.
    Free will is over.
    Also they don't run their mouths any more.

The old one I met in the mentioned dreams said to me ---
    --- death is not a safe haven from me ---

Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye
      I don't believe in hell. I do believe that we have a short time to make something with our lives and either leave this place a little better or a little worse than we found it. I do believe in planning for a better future. I also believe in the power of vision (that is, having the power to make your vision become reality).
      In other words you don’t believe in religious texts and are secular in your mindset. That’s great.

That's fine but you didn't answer my question. If I were to pay you $120,000 a year and on top of that you get to travel all expenses paid, would you look the other way if you saw something that wasn't legit?
      The reason you’re getting paid that money is to verify if something is legitimate or not, so I don’t think calling a spade a spade is going to rock the boat. As far as I know archaeologists find lots of things they have to discard because they are either unusable or not what they originally thought.

One thing you're disregarding is the territoriality of scientists and scholars. If somebody makes a big find or comes up with a new theory, there will be plenty of scholars who would love to prove it wrong in order to maintain their own importance in their field.

Keep in mind that some dinosaur exhibits were destroyed in WWII along with the evidence and all that remains are published material... would you still believe in dinosaurs 2 or 3 thousand years from now if all the evidence was lost in wars and all that remained was books... ??
      I don’t know what mindset I would have if I was born 3,000 years in the future. However if dinosaurs made sense from an evolutionary perspective then at the very least it would be a plausible or workable theory as long as it fit into the framework of conventional knowledge at that time. At the present moment it fits in just fine without any contradictions.

Also those books that would survive would tell you exactly where the bones were found and the names of the individuals who surveyed them and which museum they were displayed at the time. They would even tell you where that species fit in with the rest of the animal kingdom as well as the evolutionary history of the species. There would be a basis for studying and scrutinizing the material in the book. This is a totally different criterion of evidence than the bible where you have hearsay, gossip, human sacrifice and celestial beings supposedly communicating with humans, none of which is compatible with science and many times contradicts factual knowledge.

Comment

No one knows that One-Way , but I know no one can hide from GOD
        Originally posted by One-Way View Post
        When do you think the Day of Judgement will be?
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

That's why I just said people can run from GOD...but not HiDE
          Originally posted by Mos View Post
          This. People often forget that in Christianity there's a inherent freedom, which is not present in the other main religions (Islam/Judaism).

Comment

I love this. Here we got people claiming to be chrystians and having knowledge of the religion and its profit yet one says it teaches not to judge others yet the other speaks of a judgement day. Call it hypocracy inconsistancy, a brain fart.. i just call it stupid just like most other things regarding religion. Chrystianity is just like any other stupid religion full of contradictions, superstitions and long legacy of human suffering and torture to boot. Even you people who claimto be of the same faith contraditc each other thus which one of you is right and which is wrong? Somebody better get out that spiritual cellphone and ask Jesus wtf is goin on.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              I love this. Here we got people claiming to be chrystians and having knowledge of the religion and its profit yet one says it teaches not to judge others yet the other speaks of a judgement day. Call it hypocracy inconsistancy, a brain fart.. i just call it stupid just like most other things regarding religion. Chrystianity is just like any other stupid religion full of contradictions, superstitions and long legacy of human suffering and torture to boot. Even you people who claimto be of the same faith contraditc each other thus which one of you is right and which is wrong? Somebody better get out that spiritual cellphone and ask Jesus wtf is goin on.
              There seriously needs to be a bible for dummies... all people do is gather misinformation off the internet from people who are retarded.

Nowhere in the bible does it say not to judge. What it does say is that there are just judgements and wrong judgements.

God gave you a brain so you CAN JUDGE the difference between good and bad, right or wrong. The difference between a good parent and a sh!tty one comes down to their ability to judge correctly.
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
                Also those books that would survive would tell you exactly where the bones were found and the names of the individuals who surveyed them and which museum they were displayed at the time. They would even tell you where that species fit in with the rest of the animal kingdom as well as the evolutionary history of the species. There would be a basis for studying and scrutinizing the material in the book. This is a totally different criterion of evidence than the bible where you have hearsay, gossip, human sacrifice and celestial beings supposedly communicating with humans, none of which is compatible with science and many times contradicts factual knowledge.
                As I've said before... if the "science" can't be backed by hard math then in my book it's right up there with religion and philosophy.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Haykakan instead of knocking the Christians down & trying to "fit in", why don't you listen . Judgement day is when every human being will be judged by GOD. Not to judge is no human can judge another human because no one is perfect
                  Originally posted by Haykakan View Post

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
                    Not to judge is no human can judge another human because no one is perfect
                    Well, not exactly... you aren't in the position to judge someone if you are guilty of the same crime. Thieves can't judge thieves and murderers can't judge murders since they are at the same level. That's why the judicial system relies on citizens with a good record to be on jury duty.

Comment

As I've said before... if the "science" can't be backed by hard math then in my book it's right up there with religion and philosophy.
                      I don't see how dinosaur bones aren't backed by "hard math" or evidence other than your inference that because people make money in that field then it must be fake.

Comment

Working...
                      X