Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vive La France !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vive La France !!!!!

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    As I had (of course) assumed, the "oh wise and wonderful one" was neither wise or wonderful and has thus declined to answer my question. What particular version of the "Armenian genocide" does he want protected by French law? What version is his orthodoxy, his divine truth, and what versions are sinful heresies whose holders are to be criminalised if they dare to mention them in public or even debate them in an academic situation?

I am fully aware of your prejudiced opinions on many Armenian issues including the Armenian Genocide.

All I want to suggest to you is that you should have some dignity in you when you are on an Armenian bulletin board discussing the Armenian Genocide.

I have nothing else to say to you on that matter.

Last edited by londontsi; 12-25-2011, 08:33 AM.
    Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

This article pretty much say's it all ,one should not have the right to deny such violent act of a nation , is one thing one be able deny the gravity and be seem stupid in the eyes of others and is another thing one person inflict pain and insult the memory to the victims.

Remember that maybe the physical act of violence in gone the psychological is still active.

A crumpled rose-leaf or the price of Armenian accent in “Turkish freedom of expression”
      Turkey slams criminalization of genocide denial as violation of freedom of speech but throws to jail people who dare speak of Armenian Genocide.

On December 22, 2011, French National Assembly passed a bill criminalizing public denial of the Armenian Genocide. If passed and signed into law by the Senate, the bill would impose a 45,000 euro fine and a year in prison for anyone in France who denies this crime against humanity committed by the Ottoman Empire. On this day, almost all Armenians celebrated a minor national victory. Almost all…
      December 25, 2011
      PanARMENIAN.Net - Surprisingly, there are Armenians who disliked the decision of the lower house of French parliament. These are Armenians, who look upon things from Turkish standpoint. These are Armenians, who prefer conveniences and personal gain to the interests of the state and national dignity.

But this is not the whole trouble. Some people, who apparently want to seem extraordinary, decided to publicly slam the French National Assembly, President Nicolas Sarkozy and the bill itself. So, along with exclamations and appraisals like “Vive la France” that flooded Facebook and other social networks, there were posts that read: “You may accuse me of treason but I don’t like this bill. People must have freedom of expression.”

Probably, young people of transitional age just follow pseudo-theories and become an easy target for ill-wishers. But what guides adults, who make statements going contrary to the interests of the entire Armenian nation? Fear? A wish to be extravagant? Money laundering?

What should be the punishment for them? Maybe, the most severe, as internal enemy is much more dangerous than external one. This would make others think before engaging in the “oldest profession”, selling not only themselves but the motherland, too.

The first to voice opposition to the French bill were the Armenians of Turkey. Even before the adoption of the bill, members of the Armenian community of Turkey said that similar motion would “damage relations between the two peoples who have the same roots.” They also spoke about inadmissibility of passage of a draft law which is aimed to garner votes of French Armenians in the forthcoming presidential election. Everything may seem clear at the first glance. But actually… these people are guided by the fear or unwillingness to ‘exchange poor peace for good war’. They were born and grew up in a country where about 1.5 million of their compatriots were slaughtered nearly 100 years ago. They live in Turkey where those who “insult Turkishness” face a prison sentence under the notorious article 301. They live in Turkey, where an underage Ogun Samast can kill for dissent. They live in Turkey and cannot afford the luxury of opposing to the ruling regime. So, we can’t justify them but we can understand.

But what about Armenian citizens, who 'sing in unison' with the Turkish leadership? Let’s take a representative of Helsinki Citizens’ Assembly, Mikael Danielyan, who without shame described the Genocide bill as “violation of freedom of expression”. It seems evident that a man, who says this today, can deny the fact of Genocide tomorrow. By the way, the Armenian Criminal Code envisages a 4-year sentence and fine for denial or justification of genocide.

The French bill is not the only topic for such people. Some Armenian “human rights activists” are eager to voice opinion on a theme that can be ‘easily sold.’ Recently, head of the Vanadzor Office of Helsinki Citizens’ Assembly, Arthur Sakunts said that Armenia violates the Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe (or CFE Treaty) provisions by buying weapons. He was not at all confused by the fact that he pours oil on the flames of Azerbaijan’s anti-Armenian propaganda. He was not even confused by the fact that no international organization ever said that Armenia breached CFE norms.

Next comes Georgy Vanyan, the chairman of South Caucasus Integration: Alternative Start NGO, who periodically decides to organize days of nonexistent Azerbaijani culture in Armenia, which, according to him, “occupied Azeri lands and committed Khojalu genocide” and therefore should “immediately give Karabakh back to Azerbaijan.” It’s not hard to guess who rushes to rescue Vanyan from public indignation. Of course, it’s the Vanadzor Office of Helsinki Citizens’ Assembly, personally Arthur Sakunts. Whatever, professional solidarity works even in case with the oldest profession.

A question arouses. Why do such people live on Armenian soil? Maybe Armenia’s Criminal Code which stipulates for 10-15 years of imprisonment (sometimes with confiscation of property) is too humane and should be toughened up to life sentence for treason.

It’s noteworthy that recently a PanARMENIAN.Net reporter asked the local human rights activists, including the above mentioned Arthur Sakunts whether he thinks that the Armenian Criminal Code is too mild and treason should be punished more severely. Sakunts preferred not to answer.

People say that one of the reasons for anti-Armenian activity is the wish to grab a grant. Certainly, there are people who spend the money for worthy deeds and they deserve the highest praise. However, some NGOs are formed just ‘to get hooked’ on the grant funding. In this case, the field of activity is not important at all – from defense of the rights of South American rabbits to conduction of seminars on creation of sects. The real purpose of these grants and how the money is spent remain unclear, but the proverb “he who pays the piper calls the tune” fits here perfectly.

Pluralism, freedom of speech and democratic principles are undoubtedly vital for any country. Unfortunately, Armenia cannot claim the title of a ‘democracy pillar’ but the loss of patriotism can result in loss of everything. People capable of treason should be called to account.

Marina Ananikyan / PanARMENIAN News

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
        I am fully aware of your prejudiced opinions on many Armenian issues including the Armenian Genocide.

All I want to suggest to you is that you should have some dignity in you when you are on an Armenian bulletin board discussing the Armenian Genocide.

I have nothing else to say to you on that matter.

Does this pathetic response indicate that you are too cowardly to answer my question, or too stupid to answer it?
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
          http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/details/87546/

This article pretty much say's it all ,
          ...says it all in that is indicates that the worst scum inside Armenia, those not physically brutal enough to become oligarchs, become self-professed political and social pundits? The most fanatic sometimes even set up their own organisations as platforms for their rantings (such as the "Ararat Center for Strategic Research"), Marina Ananikyan lacks such ambition and so just confines her rants to her "editorials" in what would otherwise be a half-decent news website.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

bell dose it hit a nerve ? why is bothering u so much? you starting attacks against the journalist but did u read the article and what is it about?

Comment

Does this pathetic response indicate that you are too cowardly to answer my question, or too stupid to answer it?

I had already given your response.

I have no desire to change your mind since it will not change humanity one little bit, with a high probability of wasting my time.

I am no coward since my opinions on this matter ( with many others) has been very succinctly aired on numerous occasions.

If you can trust you two brain cells to do some searches you will be able to find them to save me repeating myself.

Last edited by londontsi; 12-25-2011, 01:42 PM.
              Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
              Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

I am no coward since my opinions on this matter ( with many others) has been very succinctly aired on numerous occasions.
                Sniveling coward you are, and sniveling coward you will always be.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                  bell dose it hit a nerve ? why is bothering u so much? you starting attacks against the journalist but did u read the article and what is it about?
                  A "journalist" - that is an even worse profession than a being self-professed political and social pundit. Yes, I did look through her garbage - there is much more of it than just that one article.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Sniveling coward you are, and sniveling coward you will always be.
                    I am afraid you are behind the curve.

Turkey accuses Sarkozy of breaking promise on genocide bill

Turkey's deputy prime minister on Sunday accused French President Nicolas Sarkozy of breaking a promise that the parliament would not pass a bill criminalising the denial of genocide in Armenia.

French lawmakers voted on Thursday to jail and fine anyone in France who denies that the 1915 killings of Armenians under the Ottoman Empire amounted to genocide, prompting Turkey to suspend political and military cooperation with Paris.

Sarkozy had given assurances to Turkish President Abdullah Gul and Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan that the bill would fail, according to deputy prime minister Ali Babacan.

"I myself heard that during the meetings we had together. What happened last week then? Where is the promise?" he asked.

"(Keeping) a promise is very important in politics. If this promise is being made by a statesman, then this binds the state and the country," Babacan said.

France recognised the 1915 killings in of Armenians as genocide in 2001.

On Thursday the National Assembly approved a first step towards a law that would impose a jail term and a 45,000 euro ($60,000) fine on anyone in France who denies this.

The bill will now go to France's upper house, the Senate, and could become law next year.

Comment

On the one hand we criticize Turkey for punishing those who speak openly about the Armenian Genocide and on the other hand we celebrate countries that introduces laws that punishes those who deny the Armenian Genocide. Although I was in favour before for introducing laws that punishes those who deny Armenian Genocide, I believe that this is not the right way to go. People may not agree that it was a Genocide but their opinons may change over time - but not by forcing them to do it. I believe that the Armenian Genocide must be taught in the schools, colleges, universities...etc. The Rememberance day is also important. Having Governments that speaks openly and recognize the Armenian Genocide is essential too. But in a democratic society you must let people express freely their opinions and thoughts - even if they disagree with us who believe that it`s a Genocide.
                      Last edited by Alexandros; 12-26-2011, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X