Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Peaceful Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peaceful Night

These past few days I have been going to bed with a lot of worries or having body pain (stomach...chest...heart). Anyone can give me some advice of what I can do or take to have a night full of peace. I really don't want to go to the doctor..I mean that would be my last resort. But if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thank You
    Positive vibes, positive taught

Re: Peaceful Night

Start here...
    Take a look at what you do in an average day, what you eat, and how you sleep... Are you taking good care of yourself?
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Siggie I know we are not the best of friends, & I'm not going to wirte my story here for people to feel sorry for me. But I have MAJOR problems. when I say MAJOR i mean it.

Comment

what you mean by major? like pepsi addiction?

Comment

Thanks for joking, no wonder I don't express myself to you guys, cause everything is a joke

Comment

Exercise. Try an easy 30 minute walk each day during lunch.

Start monitoring your diet.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to sleep when you go to bed physically tired and not full.

But, if you have MAJOR problems, then you should probably see a DOCTOR.
            Between childhood, boyhood,
            adolescence
            & manhood (maturity) there
            should be sharp lines drawn w/
            Tests, deaths, feats, rites
            stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
              Siggie I know we are not the best of friends, & I'm not going to wirte my story here for people to feel sorry for me. But I have MAJOR problems. when I say MAJOR i mean it.
              I'm not sure what you mean, but if you'd like to send me a pm...?
              [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
              -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Aper I dont know much about you, so this is pretty general advise. However, I have been going through much, much, more than my fair share of troubles over the last couple of months, especially over the past week or so. Therefore here is a couple of things that have help me get through things.

I dont know what your overall level of organization is, but organization makes a significant difference in clearing things up. If you can wake up, having an exact schedule of what you'll be doing that day, and and at what exact times, and be able to review that in the morning, it makes things much more straightforward. Your mind is always clear, there is less surprises and shocks, and you can get more done, and have a lot more time to enjoy yourself. You can carry a regular paper with a general schedule for the next couple of days that you can fill in, make more specific, and adjust as you move forward. You can write all of your to-dos and appointments on the back. At the end of the night also, you can look through it, see how much youve gotten done that day, what you did right, what you did wrong, where you slacked off, and you can get a preview of what you plan on doing the next day. All of this might seem like a lot, but if organization is at all a problem, i highly recommend it. Even if its not a significant problem, it can make a big difference. You get alot more done, youre alot less anxious, and you have much more time to actually enjoy yourself with things you want to do.

Another thing is what others mentioned: diet and exercise. If those are things you neglect, they can be a significant contributing factor. Though they can seem like extreme changes if your not used to them, adjusting diet and exercise is fairly easy. It takes about a week or two of discipline. Once you do it for a while, it becomes the norm. Eating better is gonna give you more energy, make it easier to make it through things, and make you feel much better. Exercising as you must know has too many benefits to bother to list. Beyond the physical benefits, it makes you more focused for the rest of the day, make you feel better about yourself, your self-pride, both in terms of what you think of yourself physically, and what you think of yourself in terms of your achievement and work ethic. Beyond these two things, taking better care of your physical appearance goes a long way in how you feel about yourself. It starts with minor stuff, and it can really make change how you feel about yourself. Again I know very little about you, so I dont know which, if any, of these are any help to you.

Another main thing is always knowing what you are doing with your day, your week, your life. If you know why you are doing something, if you can always keep your goals and ultimate plans, dreams, in your mind, you can get through the most tiring work. Always know where you are going, and you will get through what it take to get there. Beyond that, try to be motivated, be relentless, in your approach. I try to apply the same mentality to school work and work, as I do to working out. I try to get myself pumped up even for things I do not like to do, by keeping in mind where I want to get to by doing what im doing. Perhaps a bigger point is for you to understand that everything in life has a logical solution. In life there is very little room for emotions and feelings. Always try to keep an even head, always approach every problem with logic. Because being emotional, feeling depressed, sad, angry, vengeful, does nothing. All it does is make that problem worse. No matter whats happened, whats youve lost, what you did wrong, feeling sorry for yourself, thinking what could have been, etc does nothing for your current situation. Take your losses, analyze them with logic, and approach the next problem. We Armenians can think what could have been if in the later 19th century Russia had kept the Armenian territory it has gained, how there would be no genocide, or if the DRA of 1918 had been protected, if we had the Armenia promised by treaty of Sevres, If Monte Melkonian had not been killed, ETC, ETC. All of this does nothing for today. All of this does nothing to protect and improve what we do have left. In life there's little room for reminiscing. You have to always keep your head up and move forward. Also, always have a upbeat strong mentality. Know that once you have a logical plan, and you put in the work, you will get where you want to be.

It always helps to set aside sometime in the day to reflect on what your doing, how your feeling about certain stuff, what you feel you need to change, and also just to relax and clear you mind. This is another important reason that advise with the schedule, where you review it before sleep at night and after waking up in the morning, really helps.

One final note, do not hesitate getting the help of a professional, whether your problem be physical or psychological. Especially in terms of psychological help, in the Armenian culture there is an archaic taboo with this ordinary tool that can change so many lives.

again this is very general advise, alot of which has helped me get through various issues and improve my life in all aspects over the last few months. I hope some of it was helpful.
                Last edited by Mher; 01-05-2012, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Thank you to Mher & Siggie for giving me advice, I am gong to sign up to a gym to get in shape & feel better @ night, get back into sports.
                  Do positive things

Comment

... and lay of the Pepsi. Seriously bud.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                    X