Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Daily SCene on Trojan Vision - Mondays/Tuesdays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Daily SCene on Trojan Vision - Mondays/Tuesdays

So, while this might not interest a whole lot of you, I think it's still worth mentioning in case you guys are interested in checking out some of my work.

I am producing The Daily SCene, a morning show for our student-run television station, Trojan Vision, this semester.

I am producing the show on Monday mornings and am working as part of the crew on Tuesday mornings. It's basically a daily show with two hosts each day, where they discuss school-related topics, then switch to a guest from the school (primarily cool and interesting faculty members).

The Daily SCene is in its first season, so today was our first episode, but all our other shows have been on the air for years and are actually quite big as far as school shows go.

If you guys are interested in watching, you can click here. That's a link to our live stream, so if you click that any other time when the show isn't on, you'll see either other shows (such as our evenings shows) or some old shows that are running to fill the channel space.

This show is live every Monday and Tuesday from 10:30am-11am, Pacific Standard Time. If you local to Los Angeles, you might pick up the channel on your television, which is Channel 36.

I am one of the producers on Mondays, so I'm in charge of show content and guests. I'm one of the people who basically figures out what we should discuss and who we should interview for the latter part of our show. I am a crew member on Tuesdays, which means I rotate from working on audio, camera, technical direction, graphics and master control. So, if something sounds wrong on Tuesdays, it's probably my fault.

I don't expect you guys to be interested a whole bunch, considering we discuss school-related topics, but if you guys are interested in checking out a few shows, please do so.

Re: The Daily SCene on Trojan Vision - Mondays/Tuesdays

Trojan Vision? No one thought that might be a bad name?
    this post = teh win.

Comment

The condom jokes haven't been funny for years now, Sip.

Comment

Since you enrolled in SC? Just good'old ribbing.

But in seriousness, sounds like fun stuff. Live shows I am sure are never easy.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

No, I think it's because the context in which I first heard the word "Trojan" was in reference to the Trojan War and such, as a youngster. So, growing up, hearing that word never brought to mind condoms first, interestingly. That's why I never found it amusing, but I get it.

Comment

This is a clip for our first show from Monday, February 6.

The Daily SCene - Monday, February 6

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
              No, I think it's because the context in which I first heard the word "Trojan" was in reference to the Trojan War and such, as a youngster. So, growing up, hearing that word never brought to mind condoms first, interestingly. That's why I never found it amusing, but I get it.
              You think "Trojan" is an appropriate name for a television station? It is a name that implies that the station's aims are deceptive, with a malevolant hidden agenda masked by the production of popularist crap intended to dupe its audience into accepting that hidden agenda.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                You think "Trojan" is an appropriate name for a television station? It is a name that implies that the station's aims are deceptive, with a malevolant hidden agenda masked by the production of popularist crap intended to dupe its audience into accepting that hidden agenda.
                This.was.awesome.
                [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                  You're right. What was I thinking?

Comment

Working...
                  X