Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Politics in Hayastan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Politics in Hayastan

Originally posted by Serjik View Post

Governments are put together by intellectuals, militarymen, politicians and businessman, not the people....

Can you name a few

intellectuals

militarymen

polititians

and businessmen

Who according to you should put a government and run the country.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
      Can you name a few

intellectuals

militarymen

polititians

and businessmen

Who according to you should put a government and run the country.

A guy named Fukuyama wrote a book on it. I think he has another one out now to. His main premise makes sense.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        A guy named Fukuyama wrote a book on it. I think he has another one out now to. His main premise makes sense.
        I am not in a position to agree or disagree with you.

For me the acid test is how many countries are running on those guidelines and with what results.

It goes without saying that the perfect system in the hand of a corrupt operative will bring catastrophic results
        no different than a loyal and patriotic people will not achieve their aspirations in the hand of a corrupt and incompetent ruler.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
        Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
        Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

I Armenia needs political evolution not a political revolution. Evolution takes time. Got that?
          So for you the problem in Armenia is that Armenians are just not evolved enough compare to other nations?

If that is a correct outlook then Armenians must be especially slow evolving, or have started from an extremely un-evolved state, given that as a nation they have been around for longer than most and have had plenty of time to evolve.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Your not very convincing LOL
            lmaoooo I just found what you are talking about hahahahahaha, Jesus Christ you people need some serious psychiatric help
            I am really not an important enough person for you people to spend that much time on and actually find my facebook
            then again, my friend Babken was mentioned in the same breath as fedayi Jirair Sefilian by you people, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised
            and lol I assure you I do not take that comedy blog by the boy living in his moms basement seriously enough to go read it, and then comment on that nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
              I am not in a position to agree or disagree with you.

For me the acid test is how many countries are running on those guidelines and with what results.

It goes without saying that the perfect system in the hand of a corrupt operative will bring catastrophic results
              no different than a loyal and patriotic people will not achieve their aspirations in the hand of a corrupt and incompetent ruler.

The acid test is China and the results are rather impressive. One of his books highlights the importance of national institutions and the kinds of people/leaders they produce. The focus on institutions is very much valid because it is the corruption of these institutions that produce corrupt leaders. In USA all political institutions are based on legalized forms of corruption so you will invariably get corrupt leaders. In China I vividly remember a case of poisoned dog food which was made in China and caused the deaths and illnesses of many pets. It was discovered that the (I think president of the company) knew about the issue and had been hiding the problems. This man was later executed! Think of the precedent that sets. Now compare that with the financial crises here in USA where many laws were broken by greedy people who got super-duper wealthy at the expense of the world economy and billions of people. Non of these people went to jail and no one was even charged with anything. What they did get was bailout money instead. Now consider the precedent this sets. You see corruption has everything to do with national institutions. If your institutions are strong and functional then you will produce good leaders but if they are corrupted then you will produce corrupted leaders. I do not agree with everything Mr Fukuyama writes but I do concur with his focus on institutions, he has also shown a willingness to accept the mistakes he has made and change course accordingly which is a admirable quality lacking in most people. Looking at how corrupt every branch of USA government has become is a reflection of the weaknesses of USA institutions which in turn will lead to disaster after disaster until people rise up and do something about it. What Armenia and indeed all countries should be doing is creating strong institutions very much like what the founders of USA did. Weak institutions lead to an open door for those who are looking to corrupt them for their own gains. Things like the constitution, separation of church and state, balance of powers between the branches of government are some examples of how strong institutions have helped in building a strong nation, they are also great examples of how corrupting these institutions will inevitably lead to a nations downfall. If you have strong and effective national institutions you will not get corrupt leaders. It is not easy and is very time consuming to build up such institutions. You need stability to have a shot at creating them. For Armenia stability is a rare luxury and the biggest reason why she has weak institutions and corruption.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Armenian President OKs Constitutional Reform Concept

President Serzh Sarkisian has given his general political endorsement to a constitutional reform that seeks to turn Armenia into a parliamentary republic despite still having “concerns” about the country’s “external and internal security” and “stability of the government system.”

In his remarks at a meeting with members of a specialized commission engaged in drafting the constitutional amendments Sarkisian described their concept as “progressive” and said that the changes will open “new opportunities for democratic development in Armenia”.

But he also presented some concerns that he said will have to be addressed in drafting the text of the amendments proper.

On Thursday, the Armenian president held a series of meetings with top members of the country’s leading parliamentary and extra-parliamentary parties most of which had earlier expressed their opposition to the reform.

Only one parliamentary opposition party, Armenian National Congress (HAK), whose representatives did not meet with the president as part of the consultations, refused to engage in any sort of discussions regarding the matter.

The HAK led by former president Levon Ter-Petrosian appears to be strongly in favor of the current presidential form of government, while the constitutional reform concept unveiled last year implies that Armenia will become a parliamentary republic with a powerful prime minister and a largely ceremonial president.

The Council of Europe’s Venice Commission gave a mostly positive assessment to the draft concept last year, but noted that the transition to a parliamentary republic requires “broad consensus within society.”

Earlier, a number of leading opposition parties expressed concern that the constitutional reform is, in fact, a means for Sarkisian and his ruling Republican Party of Armenia (HHK) to extend their political power for years ahead.

Sarkisian, however, has pledged not to seek a top government post after he leaves his current office in 2018, but as leader of the ruling party he is certain to remain influential in Armenian politics even without a formal government position.

Meeting with members of the specialized commission on constitutional amendments that was set up by his order back in 2013, President Sarkisian presented his opinion on the concept submitted to him last year.

“Of course, the arguments of the specialized commission on the transition to the parliamentary system of government are substantial. Moreover, the Venice Commission also considers that the parliamentary system of government can strengthen democracy in Armenia. At the same time, the consultations conducted with political forces show that there are no, nor objectively can be, unambiguously matching approaches: there are both those who speak for and against the system, there are also forces that consider their participation in this process to be important for their final decision, and the number of such forces is by far larger,” Sarkisian said, as quoted by his press office.

“Still, I have to be honest and say that the objective prerequisites underlying my position in favor of the current system of government that I expressed before have not significantly changed. I still have concerns that are related to your professional approach to the change of the government system.

“To be more specific, I still have no clear idea on how the proposed model will unconditionally guarantee the two most important components: the country’s external and internal security and stability of the government system, which, in my opinion, is ensured in conditions of the current model.”

Sarkisian referred to the concerns regarding the stability of the government system that the experts themselves expressed in the concept.

“Nevertheless, I will give political approval to the concept because I believe that we must use every opportunity to ensure a positive development for our state, especially that during my meetings no political party had any objection to the approval of the concept. At the same time, I ask you to draft such constitutional regulations that will unquestionably ensure the harmonious combination of a more democratic model of governance with the security and stability of the state,” President Sarkisian said.

The head of state further stressed that in preparing the text of the constitutional changes it is necessary to develop an “effective format for professional discussions with representatives of political parties”.

Sarkisian also emphasized that it is important that at all stages of the process there should be feedback from and “section-by-section, chapter-by-chapter discussions” with all political forces.

‘A new, more complex and at the same time more responsible stage of the work begins. I am confident that within months we will have a document with clear approaches and solutions,” the president concluded.

President Serzh Sarkisian has given his political endorsement to a constitutional reform that seeks to turn Armenia into a parliamentary republic despite still having “concerns” about the country’s “external and internal security” and “stability of the government system.”

Comment

Bro I suggest you dont go back there. You are so simple minded you are your worst enemy LOL

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                  lmaoooo I just found what you are talking about hahahahahaha, Jesus Christ you people need some serious psychiatric help I am really not an important enough person for you people to spend that much time on and actually find my facebook
                  then again, my friend Babken was mentioned in the same breath as fedayi Jirair Sefilian by you people, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised and lol I assure you I do not take that comedy blog by the boy living in his moms basement seriously enough to go read it, and then comment on that nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                    lmaoooo I just found what you are talking about hahahahahaha, Jesus Christ you people need some serious psychiatric help
                    Hmmm. Is there anything useful to be found if I look?

Makes me long for the days of Middle East Forum and USC and the like - when the internet was young, trolls were real trolls, stalkers real stalkers, bastards real bastards, cowards real cowards, scum real scum, all of them with a sense of entitlement to be trolls, stalkers, bastards, cowards and scum, and where one could crush them all like bugs when desired and like bugs they'd always be back for a repeat crushing again and again and again. Ahhh nostalgia.

Bro I suggest...
                    And when there was not a single "bro" making suggestions.
                    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 03-15-2015, 04:38 PM.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

its good to know that our resident cat is not a Graywolf spy and really anti-turk.....nostalgia would be least of your problems you do something funny. you be marked jingles.
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X