Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Politics in Hayastan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Politics in Hayastan

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
    What do you think about the next elections ?
    Gallup Poll 19/03/17:
    [ATTACH]3177[/ATTACH]
    It looks like Tsarukyan bloc might win, he isn't the right person to lead this country.
    God...

Comment

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
      There is a bit of problem here (hipocracy?).
      All the anti western guys, I invite you to check my posts all above, where did I praise western culture and society?///////////// or want and then change both ways. The environment and people.
      You cannot shut a crying man, help... but first understand for what are the tears...

100 %

Comment

There is a bit of problem here (hipocracy?).
        All the anti western guys, I invite you to check my posts all above, where did I praise western culture and society?
        As soon as there is a criticism of any aspect in Armenia, a bunch of you jump in with "well in west it's like this and like that".
        I am not criticizing anything because of west or comparing anything. You will not find anywhere.
        My response to Artashes was to show that the measurement template you are bringing for west does not apply to Armenia and may not even exist.
        That is why I said diasporans and homelanders cannot communicate because of diffrent society histories and other factors.
        But some of you don't get it.
        If Asala, Artashes or Haikakan can change even one individual's views in Armenia or understanding with your knowledge about west, by all means do your best, God be with you.
        But at the same time you go into argument with me about west, about why I criticize Armenia's government and oligarkhs so hard, why, in your opinion that criticism is bad for Armenia etc. etc. all based on your life and views in west.
        Some of you keep blaming homeland people for complaining, stupidity...
        None of you have had the background that people there have. None of you even have slightest understanding how people there imagine or want their future to be.
        Artashes Jan you cannot scare any person there to accept and sit happily even if you had proved that all US is a one large toxic wasteland and Exxxon Valdez covered US with 6" of oil everywhere.
        That is my point.
        Guys, In your assessments here of the situation I repeatedly see a theme or a thread of "the country is good, people have deficiency seing it". Like saying your bed is fine, you don't fit in there.
        Do you forget that about 90% of inhabitants there are from stock that moved in en mass in past 100 years?
        How come a person who has lived there all the life is less qualified to know and asses the values there than you guys that never lived there?
        Asala Jan it's excellent that you have a good experiance of repatriation. But do change environment so someone local stays there with you, without having an experiance in west like you.
        Most of the repatriated now are in several steps ahead because of factors that locals do not have. Bank accounts, properties, connections abroad, knowledge of foreign languages etc.
        They will never be like a farmer in a small village that has not been paid for a year of crop and cannot pay the bank loan.
        The question is about a very thin lifeline that corruption or mismanagement can cut very easily.
        You guys never proven that any criticism of anything in Armenia is false. You just say do not do it.
        Instead you should get involved head to toe in problems that locals there have, or think, or want and then change both ways. The environment and people.
        You cannot shut a crying man, help... but first understand for what are the tears...
        I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion of my posts ?
        I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of life in Hayastan.
        The point of my posts is the west is not a role model for Hayastan to copy or pursue. Nothing more.

Comment

Guys am I going mad?
          Do I have to keep myself from attacking police stations?
          No, you are not going mad..........some realities can be much stranger than any fantasy peaple can dream up.

If you gonna do it i suggest taking over their assault vehicles.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Lori View Post
            Eh, I wouldn't call living in a wheelchair amazing. Its not as bad as many think, but I would rather walk around my own house than roll

So living in a "democracy" (Which is the US is not. It is ruled by a Turkish-style deep state of neoconservatives and is deeply internationalist.) makes my opinions and beliefs invalid? Cmon.
            --- a democracy (which the US is not) ---
            I completely agree.
            I find it so sad (or funny) that people line up to vote and think they are "empowered". Nothing more than a charade. A duped population that thinks their righteous.
            How utterly sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
              I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion of my posts ?
              I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of life in Hayastan.
              The point of my posts is the west is not a role model for Hayastan to copy or pursue. Nothing more.
              On the role model, brother, I agree with you 100%.
              But something very dangerous is hanging over Hayastan.
              It's perpetuated by ourselfs.
              Maybe we have to learn to separate the rest of the world from us and Armenia so we could see it all.
              Last edited by Hakob; 03-28-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

On the role model, brother, I agree with you 100%.
                  But something very dangerous is hanging over Hayastan.
                  It's perpetuated by ourselfs.
                  Maybe we have to learn to separate the rest of the world from us and Armenia so we could see it all.
                  Yeh that something dangerous is 200 million turks. The only thing we perpetuate is division. No we cannot and should not lose sight of the context in which Armenia exists. The thing that bothers me is that both diasporans and teghatsis so easily dismiss the biggest risks facing the country while they theorize grand schemes of revolution and what not. If you throw out the Russian backed government, what do you expect will replace it? Do you really think the replacement will be doing what is best for Armenian society? Do you think our enemies are just going to stand by and watch our revolution without interfering? I am not against replacing this government nor doing it via revolution, I am against doing any of these things without having a solid and workable plan that is likely to succeed and has some contingencies for outside interference. You guys remember the inexplicable assassination of that family in Gyumri? Have you tied it yet with the assassinations of Russian diplomats yet? How about the downing of passenger plains? My point is we cannot (unfortunately or not) separate what is going on in Hayastan from what is going on in the region, if you did you would see less and not "see it all".
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    Yeh that something dangerous is 200 million turks. The only thing we perpetuate is division. No we cannot and should not lose sight of the context in which Armenia exists. The thing that bothers me is that both diasporans and teghatsis so easily dismiss the biggest risks facing the country while they theorize grand schemes of revolution and what not. If you throw out the Russian backed government, what do you expect will replace it? Do you really think the replacement will be doing what is best for Armenian society? Do you think our enemies are just going to stand by and watch our revolution without interfering? I am not against replacing this government nor doing it via revolution, I am against doing any of these things without having a solid and workable plan that is likely to succeed and has some contingencies for outside interference. You guys remember the inexplicable assassination of that family in Gyumri? Have you tied it yet with the assassinations of Russian diplomats yet? How about the downing of passenger plains? My point is we cannot (unfortunately or not) separate what is going on in Hayastan from what is going on in the region, if you did you would see less and not "see it all".
                    I agree with you revolutions will end in a blood bath look at the Syrian conflict, look what happened, we Armenians can't replace the party but right now the republican party is our best bet in 2017-2021 other parties are not good enough and choosing Prosperous Armenia will be a death wish to our people and economy and the Armenian National Congress is almost worse than Prosperous Armenia. Despite that the Parliamentary Elections will give a chance for other smaller and better parties that will have will have better relevance in the future. But which one is a great party?

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post

You are talking geopolitics, I am talking national conscience and ideology.
                      What I say is not about isolationism, but about better understanding between sections of our nation and seing and rooting out problems, like corruption.
                      I am not advocating revolution per say. It should be be beyond last resort. And I agree your point that it is a very dangerous event.
                      But I worry that current rulers or offshoots can stay in power for a long time and damage country beyond return.
                      Sometimes just the threat of revolution can bring much needed changes. Like Sasna Tsrer ( however despised by some they are). All the changes that our government promised started after two events last year.
                      The question about what kind of government can replace is nationalist democratic.
                      One that has clear national agenda, not just "we won't give back land".
                      Vazgen Sargsian was going that way before assasination. He had started tougher controls over oligarkhs but maybe because of that was assasinated.
                      However skeptical, there are honest people and nukes in Armenia that are good enough. Better than this Soviet left over burocrats.
                      Last edited by Hakob; 03-29-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X