Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Politics in Hayastan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Politics in Hayastan

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
    And it doesn't just effect Armenia but also the inaction in Artsakh.....a show of weakness to Turks to the East and West. An open invitation to open fire.
    That is my greatest worry Eddo, if a revolution happens or civil war, over 150,000 people will be in danger of Azerbaijan.

Comment

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

Uzumem, uzumem, uzumem.. Aghchik jan yeselem shat baner uzum. The pretty girl said something worth noting. She said we will continue to have great and wonderful speeches in the legislature but they will amount to nothing just like before. I want to make a note here for comparisons sake. Here in USA no one even bothers to make great and wonderful speeches anymore in the legislature houses. Everyday Armenia is slowly becoming more like USA. It is only a matter of time before those wonderful speeches are heard no more.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I think she was critically assessing the structure of the new parliament.

Among her comments was the return of a large number of non-participating ( in the last parliament ) members.

If you understand how these individuals are appointed ( not elected ) by their party her comments become more relevant.

Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

I think she was critically assessing the structure of the new parliament.

Among her comments was the return of a large number of non-participating ( in the last parliament ) members.

If you understand how these individuals are appointed ( not elected ) by their party her comments become more relevant.

It is corruption as usual. You can turn and twist it many ways but corruption is basically the same everywhere. Some forms are more refined than others but fundamentally they are all the same. Those patgamavors are not there to govern, they are there to protect their own interests. Once that task is accomplished they see no need to actually do the governing. Here in USA the patgamavors are actually hired help of those who own the country where as in Armenia the owners are still the patgamavors. American owners have others do their dirty work for them and this is the main difference between the owners of USA and the owners of Armenia. Changing the structure of parliament, going with a prime minister vs a president, democracy vs monarchy vs whatever..makes no difference at all. That is what I have been saying for a long time and that is exactly what she is also saying here. The sad part is that she thinks she knows how things should be but has no clue how to get there or what a good government could be like. Someone mentioned lack of creativity in this forum earlier and that is what we are seeing here. Just complain without any hope or mention or even a thought of a solution...reminds you of anyone else on this forum? This lack of creativity to actually find a solution to anything is a result of the dumbing down effect. This effect is very evident in corrupt societies like USA and Armenia is starting to be similar. I doubt anyone wants change more then I do (not just in Armenia either), but I am so sick of idiots trumpeting revolution without a freakin clue in the world about a solution or consequences. Just listen to her at the end there, she literally sounds like a child...I want, I want, I want......
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Since the decisions are made by one man, talking about solutions would be too academic.

I agree to the extent that if the outcome of the elections and Parliament members was "random" then the analysis would be more meaningful.

However, we still need to understand what to expect from "new" parliament.

Comment

It appears the Republican party has some loose change left from the latest "elections" to apply influence with the opposition MPs.

Comment

Here is a link to a very very good interview which sheds light on political events, landscape, future.
                  The individuals are well known and even though I have criticized them many times before for representing western influences, in this interview are talking very sober, realistic and eye opening observations without propaganda.
                  All of them have come to accept and find current political realities in Armenia.
                  In this interview these politolog's western convictions are only affecting as a basis of ideas of democratic and national concerns that all of us would agree and have wished in Armenia.
                  No matter their personal affiliations or our displeasure, this interview is the best I have seen lately in enlightening past and future political factors.
                  Their views give us very correct explanations of the contrasts between our (Armenia's) political needs and reality.
                  It's a long interview, over one hour. But be patient and watch. Maybe multiple times.

Last edited by Hakob; 05-18-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

A w.hor.e has been given a convent to look after.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      It is corruption as usual. You can turn and twist it many ways but corruption is basically the same everywhere. Some forms are more refined than others but fundamentally they are all the same. Those patgamavors are not there to govern, they are there to protect their own interests. Once that task is accomplished they see no need to actually do the governing. Here in USA the patgamavors are actually hired help of those who own the country where as in Armenia the owners are still the patgamavors. American owners have others do their dirty work for them and this is the main difference between the owners of USA and the owners of Armenia. Changing the structure of parliament, going with a prime minister vs a president, democracy vs monarchy vs whatever..makes no difference at all. That is what I have been saying for a long time and that is exactly what she is also saying here. The sad part is that she thinks she knows how things should be but has no clue how to get there or what a good government could be like. Someone mentioned lack of creativity in this forum earlier and that is what we are seeing here. Just complain without any hope or mention or even a thought of a solution...reminds you of anyone else on this forum? This lack of creativity to actually find a solution to anything is a result of the dumbing down effect. This effect is very evident in corrupt societies like USA and Armenia is starting to be similar. I doubt anyone wants change more then I do (not just in Armenia either), but I am so sick of idiots trumpeting revolution without a freakin clue in the world about a solution or consequences. Just listen to her at the end there, she literally sounds like a child...I want, I want, I want......
                      That is why robots are better off ruling us, because at least they have one objective, make there country successful rather than a human.

Comment

Working...
                      X