Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Politics in Hayastan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Lori View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't call living in a wheelchair amazing. Its not as bad as many think, but I would rather walk around my own house than roll

So living in a "democracy" (Which is the US is not. It is ruled by a Turkish-style deep state of neoconservatives and is deeply internationalist.) makes my opinions and beliefs invalid? Cmon.
    You can have your opinions of course regardless of where you live. But hating a system that gives you this much chance to grow as a person is weird.
    Im living in Europe. I'm studying at allmost no cost in a good university. I can work beside studying and earn enough money to buy everything I need. I have no right to complain about democracy, since It's this democratic system in which I live that gave me all these opportunites. In Armenia I would be working for a salary of 150€ right now. In any other non-democratic country I would have a worse life. Tell me one , just one, country with an autoritarian regime that can offer me this much.
    It's like the old people praising comunism and saying how great it was because there were no poor people back then.
    Edit : aaand we are moving from military to politics again. I will answer only in PM, if its fine for you, now.

Comment

I love how people say you cant compare USA to Armenia and then they do exactly that. Then some yahoo pops in and tells us how great life is in Europe. Maybe if Armenia was a imperial power for centuries on end, enslaving, robbing,and murdering people for centuries perhaps then you could also live in Armenia and get your wonderful education in a "democracy". Yes you can feed yourself in America because they want you to be fat and stupid. Fat and stupid people do not rebel, they do not ask questions. They just get fatter and stupider then go tell everyone how great they and their country are/is. You guys are arguing about all the wrong things again. What does the opposition have to offer that is different then what you are getting in Armenia now? What is the cost of rebellion? What are the odds that something better will be created as a result of such a rebellion? Is the anticipated cost worth the anticipated result? I say anticipated because you never know which way a rebellion can go. The only people who really understand Europeans and USA here seems to be Artashes and maybe Azad. The rest of you have no clue about what you are promoting or even talking about. If there is a chance for Armenia to have a good government that can sustain itself and the country then by all means we must do what we can to make it happen, but it needs to be a very good chance and a certain victory or else the risks are not worth the imaginary rewards. Time and again we have seen bloody revolutions get usurped by other forces which brought a great deal of harm instead of hope and prosperity. I do not want this to happen to Armenia. There are so many enemies just drewling for such an opportunity.
      Last edited by Haykakan; 03-27-2017, 04:35 PM.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        The only people who really understand Europeans and USA here seems to be Artashes and maybe Azad.
        Having lived in so many counties from dirt poor to wealthy decadence, the tribalism is the same all around the world. Armenian politicians vs Bush, Clintons, Kennedys, Trump Family gangs.
        Some of the Western countries will offer you abundance of food, lodging and comfort at the price of losing social fulfillment. I have seen more happy people in refugees camps and lots of unhappy millionaires in the West.
        The only truly happy people would be the Northern Europeans due to their homogenous social harmony with work and honor system. A model that cannot be duplicated in any other part of the world.
        When you are young, go ahead bang your head in any city that pleases you, try your luck and hard work. You might find wealth and happiness (unlikely both).
        Most western countries are living on their past “accomplishments” or using their currency as a perpetual quantitative easing (free money). It is a question of time when they will lose their majority “Whites” they will be another Brazil or South Africa.
        As far Armenia, unfortunately we are surrounded with a sea of backwards people. The country is on a change to a better future maybe not as fast as we Armenians like to advance in life.
        In short, don’t take politics too seriously. Let the thieves and swindlers do what they do best and focus on your own happiness, well being and wealth.

Comment

"President Sargsyan Puts Son-in-Law in Charge of 'Overhauling' Government"

^^^ Western "Democracy"

Comment

Just reading some if the posts and the comparing of Armenia to USA or Europe is just a joke. Life in the West is not so good. I was born in Australia and grew up here. It wasn't until my late 20s that I went to Armenia. Reason is I went to jail for shooting someone. Getting off topic. Anyways. Life in the west is a struggle. I am working to buy a house , something I won't pay off until the age of 55. I'm 30 at the moment. Yes it will take me between 25-30 years to pay a house off. I will retire if I live to see my superannuation at 67. In Armenia you live to live. You're not just a number but a person. Maybe there is no money in Armenia but there's surely life. If the economy was to get better and tourism and work was to boom I would honestly consider moving there. I got business's here in Australia and I will be happy to sell it all and leave my Western slave life. I wasn't born to be a worker but a vessel to travel the world and visit different people.
            I have a friend that just traveled the world as a backpacker and his last stop was Armenia. It was his first time there. He joined the program that the Diaspora is involved in. He teaches at orphanages etc. His found himself a girl living in a shared accommodation. He doesn't want to leave Armenia and has been there for over a year . So that says a lot. When I was in Armenia I had a halabtsi guy basically tell me how xxxx the country was. Telling me it's corrupt , no work even though he was working and that the future looked terrible. He wanted out. I asked him , where would you like to go ? He said maybe USA or Canada. I said you go to Canada or USA and you need to start off from square one. My next door neighbours are from Halab. They left the war. They are struggling. The man on a daily basis complains how crap Australia is. One day he got me on a wrong day. He said it again. I said Australia gave you free flights to get here , water , food , a home and you still complain. These our our tax payer dollars not the Government's. On top of that , you complained about Bashar Al Assad , you complained about Armenia and you're here today complaining about here. His face went red. At that moment I understood one thing. Armenians think of today and not tomorrow. A great example is when I blasted a young couple for throwing there food on the ground in a festival in Armenia. I said what do you think this country is, a junk yard ? What about the future ? They didn't understand nor did they care. That's why our waterways are full of plastic , garbage etc.
            Last edited by ASALA2116; 03-28-2017, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
              Just reading some if the posts and the comparing of Armenia to USA or Europe is just a joke. Life in the West is not so good. I was born in Australia and grew up here. It wasn't until my late 20s that I went to Armenia. Reason is I went to jail for shooting someone. Getting off topic. Anyways. Life in the west is a struggle. I am working to buy a house , something I won't pay off until the age of 55. I'm 30 at the moment. Yes it will take me between 25-30 years to pay a house off. I will retire if I live to see my superannuation at 67. In Armenia you live to live. You're not just a number but a person. Maybe there is no money in Armenia but there's surely life. If the economy was to get better and tourism and work was to boom I would honestly consider moving there. I got business's here in Australia and I will be happy to sell it all and leave my Western slave life. I wasn't born to be a worker but a vessel to travel the world and visit different people.
              I have a friend that just traveled the world as a backpacker and his last stop was Armenia. It was his first time there. He joined the program that the Diaspora is involved in. He teaches at orphanages etc. His found himself a girl living in a shared accommodation. He doesn't want to leave Armenia and has been there for over a year . So that says a lot. When I was in Armenia I had a halabtsi guy basically tell me how xxxx the country was. Telling me it's corrupt , no work even though he was working and that the future looked terrible. He wanted out. I asked him , where would you like to go ? He said maybe USA or Canada. I said you go to Canada or USA and you need to start off from square one. My next door neighbours are from Halab. They left the war. They are struggling. The man on a daily basis complains how crap Australia is. One day he got me on a wrong day. He said it again. I said Australia gave you free flights to get here , water , food , a home and you still complain. These our our tax payer dollars not the Government's. On top of that , you complained about Bashar Al Assad , you complained about Armenia and you're here today complaining about here. His face went red. At that moment I understood one thing. Armenians think of today and not tomorrow. A great example is when I blasted a young couple for throwing there food on the ground in a festival in Armenia. I said what do you think this country is, a junk yard ? What about the future ? They didn't understand nor did they care. That's why our waterways are full of plastic , garbage etc.
              Akhper jan, I moved to Armenia 3 years ago with my parents following my aunt's move who left her job in Dubai and moved to Yerevan. I can tell you I have zero regrets in these 3 years. Contrary to all that's being circulated about how bad the country is ruled, making it look like some very bad place, I can tell you that if you plan right and do the right thing you will certainly find success, and in my case I found it. I can say no one will bother you, no one will interfere with your work. The people are honest and straightforward, there is also lots of respect to one another, unlike my previous country. The 'man-eating criminal oligarchic regime' did not show up to steal my money and/or business(es). The law and order were above my expectations. Some people post very very dumb stuff which is exaggerated about the country and it does harm more than good. If you have any questions or need help I am available on Facebook. (not posting much here because it's not a military thread anymore, just political ranting......)

Comment

• Re: Politics in Hayastan

What do you think about the next elections ?
                Gallup Poll 19/03/17:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	file-page1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	539318
                It looks like Tsarukyan bloc might win, he isn't the right person to lead this country.

Comment

Originally posted by ASALA2116 View Post
                  ... a young couple for throwing there food on the ground in a festival in Armenia. ... They didn't understand nor did they care.
                  ^^^ The fundamental problem of Armenia.
                  The change should come from the people and not the other way around.
                  Government is only an image of the people.

Comment

Reflections
                    Last edited by londontsi; 03-28-2017, 07:04 AM.
                    Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

There is a bit of problem here (hipocracy?).
                      All the anti western guys, I invite you to check my posts all above, where did I praise western culture and society?
                      As soon as there is a criticism of any aspect in Armenia, a bunch of you jump in with "well in west it's like this and like that".
                      I am not criticizing anything because of west or comparing anything. You will not find anywhere.
                      My response to Artashes was to show that the measurement template you are bringing for west does not apply to Armenia and may not even exist.
                      That is why I said diasporans and homelanders cannot communicate because of diffrent society histories and other factors.
                      But some of you don't get it.
                      If Asala, Artashes or Haikakan can change even one individual's views in Armenia or understanding with your knowledge about west, by all means do your best, God be with you.
                      But at the same time you go into argument with me about west, about why I criticize Armenia's government and oligarkhs so hard, why, in your opinion that criticism is bad for Armenia etc. etc. all based on your life and views in west.
                      Some of you keep blaming homeland people for complaining, stupidity...
                      None of you have had the background that people there have. None of you even have slightest understanding how people there imagine or want their future to be.
                      Artashes Jan you cannot scare any person there to accept and sit happily even if you had proved that all US is a one large toxic wasteland and Exxxon Valdez covered US with 6" of oil everywhere.
                      That is my point.
                      Guys, In your assessments here of the situation I repeatedly see a theme or a thread of "the country is good, people have deficiency seing it". Like saying your bed is fine, you don't fit in there.
                      Do you forget that about 90% of inhabitants there are from stock that moved in en mass in past 100 years?
                      How come a person who has lived there all the life is less qualified to know and asses the values there than you guys that never lived there?
                      Asala Jan it's excellent that you have a good experiance of repatriation. But do change environment so someone local stays there with you, without having an experiance in west like you.
                      Most of the repatriated now are in several steps ahead because of factors that locals do not have. Bank accounts, properties, connections abroad, knowledge of foreign languages, foreign sitizenships that local authorities cannot handle the way they do to locals etc.
                      They will never be like a farmer in a small village that has not been paid for a year of crop and cannot pay the bank loan.
                      The question is about a very thin lifeline that corruption or mismanagement can cut very easily.
                      You guys never proven that any criticism of anything in Armenia is false. You just say do not do it.
                      Instead you should get involved head to toe in problems that locals there have, or think, or want and then change both ways. The environment and people.
                      You cannot shut a crying man, help... but first understand for what are the tears...
                      Last edited by Hakob; 03-28-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X