Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Politics in Hayastan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Politics in Hayastan

Instead of focusing on the two problems (politics and corruption) focus on all the nice things the country offers.
    Focus on work and making a living in a country where you do not have large corporations that will make it impossible to start a business.
    Focus on enjoying the terrific nature, low taxes, safe environment for families, dirt cheap real estate, dirt cheap living.
    Forget the damaged baby. There are lots of other cute healthy babies (metaphorically)

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
      Instead of focusing on the two problems (politics and corruption) focus on all the nice things the country offers.
      Focus on work and making a living in a country where you do not have large corporations that will make it impossible to start a business.
      Focus on enjoying the terrific nature, low taxes, safe environment for families, dirt cheap real estate, dirt cheap living.
      Forget the damaged baby. There are lots of other cute healthy babies (metaphorically)
      Aha....

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
        Aha....
        You should cut down on your newspaper long writings. Please condense them in couple lines. No disrespect Baron Hakob.
        "Aha...." was perfect!

Comment

Yeh Hakob, the worms should be gotten rid of and the baby should be raised the best way possible. I have repeatedly said I do not like the way Armenia is governed. The problem I have is that most people think if you get rid of these guys only good things can happen. We have countless examples of the exact opposite all around us yet this illusion still persists. To be honest I think the changes that have been taking place recently are rather promising. Some of these changes do involve getting rid of some of those worms. Lets see what these changes usher inn before getting too down about anything. Things like tying policy to nation building is what I have been advocating here for years and it seems like Armenia's government is finally getting the message with these latest changes. Yeh it is bs we had to wait this long, yeh we still do not know how things will turn out. As time passes it seems more to me that the April war was designed to give Azeris something positive to munch on while we walk away with the big prize. I would have no problem if changes like this progress and continue. I would prefer a government of nationbuilders to begin with but life does not work that way. The point is the closer we get to making a country that we would like to raise our babies in, the closer we get to sustainable nation. We have people in this very forum who moved to Hayastan from the diaspora and have no regrets and it seems more positive changes are coming. People like vrej1915 are here for only one thing, to spread pessimism and negativity in the hope of ushering in a revolution which will benefit only those that they work for and not the Armenian people. How else would you justify thousends of posts in very short period of time with ALL OF THEM BEING NEGATIVE!!!! According to this character not a single positive thing has ever happened in Armenia. The aim/npatak of these people could not be any clearer yet they manage to dupe people right and left regardless. Unless we have a foolproof plan to do way better without doing a bunch of harm, we should stay the coarse and keep making meaningful incremental improvements. A slow but steady pace of improvements over a period of time really adds up and is far safer than a revolution scenario.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

People is the key to any govrrnment.

Without the people government cannot survive.........without people speaking up governments have no insentive to uphold the constitution or make changes for a young republic.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
              Where have you seen an election in west when people know they must go to polls and vote for whomever they are told for, otherwise they will be in trouble?
              Countries like former Soviet Union or current North Korea.
              What is misguided here?
              I have spoken to several people from Malatia Sebastia district of Yerevan (lfic Samo's district) and most told me that several days lfic's men went door to door with lists of residents telling they must go to vote and whomever they vote for.
              They also had lists of residents previousely voted for opposition, knocking their doors and threatening.
              Situation was neighbour telling neighbour "axper, don't be stupid elections will be over but you will still be here, don't put yourself in trouble".
              I remember in early seventies where in usual fake elections there all the residents names were posted on our school walls and everybody went and voted for the names of communist representatives also posted there.
              What is misguided in my assessment of communist legacy here?
              This legacy is still alive well enough and influences enough to keep power to in hands that does not represent people.
              I have lived in USA for 37 years and no one in those years has knocked my door telling me who to vote for.
              No one has told me they got my name on any list and gave a choice to either take money for appreciation or watch out because there will be consequences of my voting.

Man diasporans are so cut off from what's going on in Armenia it's not even funny.

Here is a clip with ordinary people speaking about last elections

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oHtr7B...r1c9ziPL2IvmcV

Comment

Newspaper: Gagik Tsarukyan to form coalition with ruling party, after April 2018
                10:34, 28.04.2017

YEREVAN. – The executive board meeting of the ruling Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) was convened Thursday, during which RPA Spokesperson—and National Assembly Vice President—Eduard Sharmazanov said yet again that the RPA and the Armenian Revolutionary Federation (ARF) Dashnaktsutyun Party will sign a cooperation document in a foreseeable future, reported Zhamanak (Time) newspaper.

“We managed to find out that [President and RPA Chairman] Serzh Sargsyan yesterday met again with [opposition Prosperous Armenia Party Chairman and businessman MP] Gagik Tsarukyan, to clarify his position on the chance of signing a coalition [government] agreement with the RPA and the ARF.

“But it became clear from the conversation that Tsarukyan now does not wish to be a part of the government, being confident that the best time for this is April 2018, when Karen Karapetyan will not be in the office of Prime Minister, and Serzh Sargsyan’s role in the government will become clear.

“Tsarukyan hopes that next year Serzh Sargsyan will invite him to be part of a ‘national consensus’ government,” wrote Zhamanak.

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

New Discussion, our best Party Yelk (Way out Alliance) are they trust worthy? Do they even have economic or political experience of taking leadership? and who do you think the next leader would it be or who is the most preferred leader to be.

Comment

Any new young candidate in Armenia?
                      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Working...
                      X