Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Politics in Hayastan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Politics in Hayastan

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
    Of course I cannot understand what's being said in the above post as I can't speak armanian. However, I've been through enough election cycles in the USA to know that anybody can proclaim their concern for the majority. It's done every single cycle and is 100% of the time 100% crap.
    Does anyone really think dodi is going to change his colors?
    And Raffi, look who he's now supporting! Can we assume he'd support -- anyone -- that furthered his advance?
    Dodi wants what Sergz has, ie... Direct access and control of the wealth. Everything else is a front.
    Raffi ... Still think he's a USA front.
    Sergz... Corruption to the detriment of the country.
    Not a pretty picture.
    We need someone fresh who is -- not -- going to flop for western smooze. Their are no quick fixes, no matter what the west says.
    So who?
    Unlike the USA where it takes millions upon millions to run a campaign , a modestly financed campaign in Hayastan could reach the entire voting population.
    I think the $ is there, but where is the candidate?
    It's too simplistic to say Raffi is a western front. There are instances he is favored by the west, but also many instances where he is highly disliked. Taking a look at western leaked cables, there are many instances of the west being bothered by his actions because he takes nationalistic positions when it comes reconciliation and settlement against Azerbaijan and Turkey which have derailed American led attempts to settle things.
    The U.S. Embassy cables released by WikiLeaks provide invaluable information and insight on how American diplomats assess the inner workings of Armenia’s politics in general, and key players like Raffi Hovannisian in particular. As embassy [...]

He is not as strictly pro russian as others, but its a long stretch to consider that being a western front or pro western.

The reason I originally supported him was because he was a break from the soviet style corruption stench that was fuming out of every other party including ARF. he was very big on implementing rule of law, and an independent judiciary, and creating some sense of separation between the business owners and those who sit in the parliament.

But to me his fatal characteristic is his inability to make decisions and stick with them. He has had a very big problem with committing things, and often resorts to drastic measures which have hurt his cause greatly. These include quitting as foreign minister in 1992, quitting parliament in 2009, contributing to the separation in the 2011 opposition protests, quitting the opposition unified group in 2012 elections, and the disorganized chaos that was his 2013 election protests.
    Last edited by Mher; 02-15-2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
      Yes, TP is quite so disgustingly unArmenian. Armenia should always continue to do what has never worked before. If a stance hasn't worked it surely isn't Armenia's fault it hasn't worked - its the fault of everyone else, all those non-human beings. So Armenia should keep on with its stance, don't change one line of it, even if it has been unsuccessful 1000 times or 10,000 times.
      instead of listing your criticism of anything and everything, please explain what you think the correct approach is.

Comment

What a sorry state of affairs Armenia finds herself in now. We have a monarchy in the making and the opposition consists of two spies working for USA and a guy who was a lawmaker by name but has not participated in any government activities ever. If Serj's domestic policy was as good as his foreign policy I would not mind him being leader for life, but he has failed to deal with domestic issues in a effective manner. Gago is fairly popular in Armenia (atleast that is the feeling i had when I was there) but he has never looked nore acted like a national leader. Kocharian I think may be the guy to watch for. He has the connections and experience and may play the very role I had predicted he would when a while back he announced the possibility of his return. I think Armenia's politicians might be simply copying what is done in USA and Russia. They form two different parties and have different leaders to give the people an illusion of choice but in reality it is all a show meant to appease the masses while the elite continue their ways. Perhaps this is the attempt at sophistication I had mentioned in previous posts which was lacking in Armenian politics.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Now let's have some irony, and have an other Prisma to events:

- 2015 is (and predictably was long ago) by far, the most challenging date in our national agenda since the end of the war in May 1994. For a small nation like us, with so limited levers on regional geopolitics, it was undoubtedly a date to not miss, no matter how sarcastic others may or might be.

- No matter how Turkey disdains the Armenian factor, 2015, was and is still, one of its main concerns in foreign affairs, since long ago.

- For the last 3-4 years, the reshaping of borders in the Big Middle east is in full process. No matter what our levers and chances were and still are, this is the biggest opportunity for us, on a national level, since 1920. Turkey's borders are doomed to change in a very foreseeable future, and regardless our will, the unique or multiple Kurdish states will border us, provided we still do exist. The only real question is the demarcation of that border.... will it be the Arax or Haykakan Bar, or ......

- Simultaneously, and somehow surprisingly, the stakes got upper since 888, and Russia's destiny and reshaping was mixed with this older project. And of course, that game does imply our destiny too, no matter how unwilling we might be regards it.

- In all logic, we, as a Nation, must have been long ago focused on this period of 2015 (at least), in best shape, to try to play our very dangerous and daring partition, for OUR common best.... and no matter what blind whishfull thinkers may say, SS was and still is the worst captain ever we might have nightmared off, for this kind of challenge (put aside Dodi Gago and LTP, who are by far worse than the worse...)

- Now, look what we do have, and who might be behind events:
          1- On our outside borders, the everyday war situation, to divert our attention, is at least clearly turkish made.
          2- On a permanent bases, Russia delivers more and more agressive arms to Baku, explicitly challenging its supposed reliability as a an ally, even for the most slaveminded russophiles among us....
          3 - Inside our own borders, a massacre is committed by a Russian serviceman, with all the psychological elements to strain our psyche, and strain the "russian-armenian brotherhood"... and seemingly, if we judge Russia behaves since the crime, Russia seems to be man orchestrating this. In all other variants first suspected to discharge Russia role, the Russians must have behaved differently AFTER the crime...
          4- On a larger geopolitical arena, Russia and Turkey(&Baku) try to play a new chapter of honeymoon, notoriously and systematically a nightmare for Armenian interests, since Tzarist times...
          5- Now at the end, on our internal front, it is total nonsense and "pre civil-war'' situation, literally out of the blue, just 2 months before April 24 , made by the acts of notoriously Russia controlled entities, that is SS and Dodi Gago clans....

Could it be that this is part of the service Russia does to please the Turks???

Comment

Կայացել է նախագահ Սերժ Սարգսյանի եւ Գագիկ Ծառուկյանի հանդիպումը

Քիչ առաջ Հայաստանի նախագահի նստավայրում կայացել է նախագահ Սերժ Սարգսյանի եւ «Բարգավաճ Հայաստան» կուսակցության առաջնորդ Գագիկ Ծառուկյանի հանդիպումը։ Այդ մասին NEWS.am-ի թղթակցի հետ զրույցում հայտնեց ՀՅԴ խմբակցության քարտուղար Աղվան Վարդանյանը՝ նշելով, որ հանդիպումը կայացել է ՀՅԴաշնակցության նախաձեռնությամբ։

Վարդանյանի խոսքով, վերջին օրերին իրենց կուսակցությունն արել է հնարավոր ամեն ինչ, որ երկիրը խուսափի ցնցումներից եւ բախումներից։ «Մենք արել ենք անհրաժեշտը։ Մեր խնդրանքով Հայաստան է ժամանել գործարար Սամվել Կարապետյանը, որը բոլոր ջանքերը գործադրել է իրավիճակը հարթելու համար»։

Վարդանյանը նաեւ նշեց, որ առաջիկայում հայտնի կդառնան հանդիպման արդյունքները։

Լուրեր Հայաստանից - NEWS.am

Comment

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
              Կայացել է նախագահ Սերժ Սարգսյանի եւ Գագիկ Ծառուկյանի հանդիպումը

Քիչ առաջ Հայաստանի նախագահի նստավայրում կայացել է նախագահ Սերժ Սարգսյանի եւ «Բարգավաճ Հայաստան» կուսակցության առաջնորդ Գագիկ Ծառուկյանի հանդիպումը։ Այդ մասին NEWS.am-ի թղթակցի հետ զրույցում հայտնեց ՀՅԴ խմբակցության քարտուղար Աղվան Վարդանյանը՝ նշելով, որ հանդիպումը կայացել է ՀՅԴաշնակցության նախաձեռնությամբ։

Վարդանյանի խոսքով, վերջին օրերին իրենց կուսակցությունն արել է հնարավոր ամեն ինչ, որ երկիրը խուսափի ցնցումներից եւ բախումներից։ «Մենք արել ենք անհրաժեշտը։ Մեր խնդրանքով Հայաստան է ժամանել գործարար Սամվել Կարապետյանը, որը բոլոր ջանքերը գործադրել է իրավիճակը հարթելու համար»։

Վարդանյանը նաեւ նշեց, որ առաջիկայում հայտնի կդառնան հանդիպման արդյունքները։

Լուրեր Հայաստանից - NEWS.am
              and the criminal traitors reconcile ....

Comment

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

likely just rumors....

Newspaper: Seyran Ohanyan to run for president from Republican Party of Armenia in 2018
                  Tatevik Shahunyan
                  Wednesday, December 24, 10:02

About a month ago, the second and the third presidents of Armenia, Robert Kocharyan and Serzh Sargsyan, held a private meeting. The spotlight of the meeting was the presidential election of 2018, Haykakan Zhamanak (Armenian Time) daily says with reference to reliable sources.

The newspaper says during the meeting Sargsyan told Kocharyan that in 2018 Seyran Ohanyan, Defense Minister of Armenia, will run for president from the Republican Party of Armenia in 2018 no matter whether the constitutional reforms on the republic's transition to parliamentary regime are completed or not.

According to the source, Kocharyan replied that Ohanyan's candidacy is actually acceptable to him. At the same time, Kocharyan failed to promise that he himself will not run for president in 2018.

The thing is that Kocharyan is going to run for president in 2018 if his candidacy is supported by the Prosperous Armenia Party (PAP), Haykakan Zhamanak says. "But if the PAP advances its leader Gagik Tsarukyan's nominee, Kocharyan will support Ohanyan", says the newspaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                    Maybe we need a military leader like Ohanian in charge.
                    The problem is Armenia though are not due to not having military leaders. Yes Kocharian's and Sarsyan's service doesn't compare to Ohanyan's, but nonethless the problems are due lack of rule of law, and lack of having a independent judiciary system. Having said that, I think just having a president that is less corrupt and connected to business interests would be an improvement. However, he would still need a strong reform minded prime minister. At the moment though, he would be the only decent candidate out of the many potential animals interested in the position.
                    Last edited by Mher; 02-17-2015, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      What a sorry state of affairs Armenia finds herself in now. We have a monarchy in the making and the opposition consists of two spies working for USA and a guy who was a lawmaker by name but has not participated in any government activities ever. If Serj's domestic policy was as good as his foreign policy I would not mind him being leader for life, but he has failed to deal with domestic issues in a effective manner. Gago is fairly popular in Armenia (atleast that is the feeling i had when I was there) but he has never looked nore acted like a national leader. Kocharian I think may be the guy to watch for. He has the connections and experience and may play the very role I had predicted he would when a while back he announced the possibility of his return. I think Armenia's politicians might be simply copying what is done in USA and Russia. They form two different parties and have different leaders to give the people an illusion of choice but in reality it is all a show meant to appease the masses while the elite continue their ways. Perhaps this is the attempt at sophistication I had mentioned in previous posts which was lacking in Armenian politics.
                      Haykakan, what is your proof that Raffi is a "spy working for USA". please explain

Comment

Working...
                      X