Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Define Impurity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Define Impurity

Armenian women are expected to remain 'pure' until marriage. They are otherwise considered to have shamed themselves and their families and are considered to no longer be viable for marriage, becasue making a choice that goes against societal norms invalidates them as people.

Moving my clear bias in favor of making an informed choice aside, what do the conservatives among you classify as 'pure'?

Is there a difference between a woman who has sex to manipulate someone and a woman who has sex out of love in a long-term relationship?

At what stage in physical intimacy is a woman considered defiled? When she kisses someone? If the couple feels under one another's clothes? After oral sex? Or only after penetration takes place?

If a man and a woman are together for decades, live together, and are effectively married in every way but the legal form, for whatever reason, is it valid for them to have sex?

Is a woman impure if she has sex during marriage not out of love, but in an attempt to manipulate her husband and extort favors out of him?

In marriage, would engaging in BDSM make a woman impure if she does it for her pleasure? Would it make her impure if she engages in it solely for her husband's pleasure?

What conduct would make a man impure? Would a man who fantasizes about raping young girls but remains a virgin be pure while a man who has sex out of love be impure?

Why are there different standards for men than for women? Why is a woman who has sex out of wedlock considered unmarriable, but a man who has sex out of wedlock is?

And most importantly, I would like to hear some concrete reasons as to why sex between consenting adults out of wedlock is immoral.
    Last edited by ADandelion; 05-25-2012, 09:40 AM.

Re: Define Impurity

My ex, who was Armenian, defined purity as never having had penetrative sex and never having pleasures herself, or been pleasures by anyone else. For her, kissing was absolutely fine, as was performing sex acts on me (she was very good at this...). She would say that having sex before marriage would have made her impure, whatever the motivation or reason for it, including as part of a long term relationship and living together.

I don't know for sure but I think she would say that pretty much any consensual sexual activity within marriage would be a good thing and certainly would not make a woman impure.

She knew I'd had sex before and was fine with it. She took the view that if a girl is pure when she marries her husband needs to be experienced, so one of them knows what to do. Setting aside the double standard, this raises a big question: who are all the single guys supposed to have sex with? Surely not single girls, because they need to stay pure. And surely not married women, because they should be faithful to their husbands...

I don't have any moral arguments to put forward in favour of the double standard but I do think it's admirable that girls from Armenia keep themselves pure for marriage. It's obviously a lot nicer for their husbands, but also for any children they have together. And it must surely contribute to lower levels of divorce etc.

Comment

Originally posted by London View Post
      My ex, who was Armenian, defined purity as never having had penetrative sex and never having pleasures herself, or been pleasures by anyone else. For her, kissing was absolutely fine, as was performing sex acts on me (she was very good at this...). She would say that having sex before marriage would have made her impure, whatever the motivation or reason for it, including as part of a long term relationship and living together.
      I know women like her. They usually turn into cheap wh*res in the outskirts of Yerevan
      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
      ---
      "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
        I know women like her. They usually turn into cheap wh*res in the outskirts of Yerevan
        I think she'd probably slap you if you said that to her face

Comment

I think she'd probably slap you if you said that to her face
          She knows it herself also. I knew this girl in our building complex neighbourhood, at school age like 16, she kissed boys here and there, I'm not talking even about sex-acts, just kissing, and everybody knew she was going to turn into a wh*re because she easily kissed guys. And of course later on that's what she turned into A woman who goes beyond to sex acts is already a full-time wh*re haha, they make good money in the outskirts of Yerevan for a few years pleasuring guys and then marry some naive foreigner that has money. That's how it is. Fortunately they are in a small minority. Well every society has its wh*res so it's natural.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
            that is not true Mos....those are the best women you can find, they are very good at forplay but they won't let you do it, they keep it even in their late 20s. they are worth the chase and begging and all the naz they have....dn't let those get away.

Your example sounds like a slot who turned prostitude.
            Last edited by Eddo211; 05-27-2012, 03:59 AM.
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
              that is not true Mos....those are the best women you can find, they are very good at forplay but they won't let you do it, they keep it even in their late 20s. they are worth the chase and begging and all the naz they have....dn't let those get away.

Err....just see what would happen if she did such things while dating an Armenian man in Yerevan and what they would think of her. If you are seriously dating for marriage, you only go so far. Or else you are a wh*re looking for your money maker haha
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---

Comment

I'm with Eddo in this , my girl is 21 and hell shes great , the best in the world !

Comment

I agree. If a girl preserves her virginity and does not m***urbate then surely she is 100% pure and any man should respect her. It is wrong to accuse her of being a prostitute if she is not having s*x.

Comment

I agree. If a girl preserves her virginity and does not m***urbate then surely she is 100% pure and any man should respect her. It is wrong to accuse her of being a prostitute if she is not having s*x.
                    Lol. Wh*res can do also other things. Most likely your "girlfriend" had worked as wh*re in Yerevan few years before coming back to find herself a money maker. She fits the profile perfectly because that's what they do. Don't be so gullible please in believing in her "purity" haha.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

Working...
                    X