Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

My Marriage and family....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Marriage and family....

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    "Humans are one of the most homogeneous species out there, what separates us is not very minor differences in genes, but culture. "
    Mos i am impressed and elated that you think this way and i wish some of the others in this forum would understand this to. World2 you have to understand that when you marry you are creating a new family and it will be different then the one you grew up in. Different does not mean bad unless you or your husbend make it bad-it realy is up to the two of you how the marriage will go and the less meddling from both your parents the better off you will be as a couple.
    Well it's the truth. The genetic difference between Armenian and a Thai person for example is in reality very minor- we are talking about a minuscule change in some gene here. The genetic difference between Armenian and Turk is pretty much non-existent. If an Armenian converted to Islam they became a Turk or Azeri, if they remained in their Christian faith, they remained part of Armenian identity. Our region (Armenian Highland) has in no way ever been genetically pure. I mean Armenians were conceived as a result of several groups mixing lol if we start chasing "genetic purity" we are going to go nowhere.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

lol the idea of genetically armenian is just funny. both of my parents are 100% armenian, and my mom is pale with light hair green eyes, and my dad is dark as can be with black hair/eyes. I have friends who have married 1/2, 1/4 Armenians, etc, because both of them were very passionate about armenia, and they are as armenian as can be, and happy as can be. Just make sure your kids learn armenian and speak it as much as possible, if sending your kids to an armenian school is a luxury you can afford, do so. and of course the ultimate way to ensure your family stays armenian is to repatriate, but that depends on your situation.

Comment

I agree, if a person speaks Armenian and wants to be Armenian, they are already in a better position than many "full-blooded" Armenians who do not, with regards to understanding and sharing in the culture.

Comment

This is not Face Book where you have to tell everyone your life
          lol. Joking.
          Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

LoL guys wtf , ok genetics will tell little but if you look the faces of the body we damn look different.Do you guys compare armenian beautiful eyes to the ugly turkish one?
            They are similar to us cause they F*** steal the genes from us and other people.
            We were second class citizens we pay taxes for having other religion,we were subjects of discrimination having no say to any jury, muslins always right!...... having our kids taken "jenisary",read history guys we had god damn wars to ensure some religious freedoms.
            Tun tunik menk cheng xagatsel iranc het inch apushutsunerek duk metatsum baits... yete turkakan arune ka dzer mot asek verchatsnek et theman baits et bane dzes che tuiladrum mez sagin ketsek nuin tsakin.
            Last edited by UrMistake; 06-29-2012, 09:33 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
              LoL guys wtf , ok genetics will tell little but if you look the faces of the body we damn look different.Do you guys compare armenian bellyful eyes to the ugly turkish one?
              They are similar to us cause they F*** steal the genes from us and other people.
              Well, hate to play devil's advocate, but you will find a lot of Armenian/Turkish/Azeri/Georgian overlaps like it or not. Yes they steal genes, but they have also been living near us for centuries, so mixing naturally occured, not to mention them mixing with other Anatolian groups. The bottom line is anybody who believes in "genetic purity" is indeed retarded given the genetics of Armenians and genetics of people in general. There's really no such thing, what makes us Armenian is culture. Genetics just makes us brothers of Turks and Azeris. I doubt anybody wants that.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                Well, hate to play devil's advocate, but you will find a lot of Armenian/Turkish/Azeri/Georgian overlaps like it or not. Yes they steal genes, but they have also been living near us for centuries, so mixing naturally occured, not to mention them mixing with other Anatolian groups. The bottom line is anybody who believes in "genetic purity" is indeed retarded given the genetics of Armenians and genetics of people in general. There's really no such thing, what makes us Armenian is culture. Genetics just makes us brothers of Turks and Azeris. I doubt anybody wants that.
                Thank god i haven't find any one yet ,nor in my friends or in my family have any connection to the turks only that they killed my family.I know people that speak it but they all do it for a cause.Know your enemy they said.Stop imagining medieval times like modern America this isn't a case.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                  The Turkish genepool did not so much "live with us long enough to mix", as share some of its relatively recent ancestry with a significant part of our own relatively recent ancestry. This "relatively recent" ancestry refers to the past few thousand years. Though migration has occurred, many genes have been Anatolian for a long time, and this is independent of modern ethnic differences that are only a few centuries old (i.e. Turk vs Armenian).

This is another indicator to me that it is the culture that distinguishes ethnic groups most, genetic background is a secondary, associated trait that happens because of human cultural activity. If you look at the Portuguese, or the Spanish for example... These ethnic groups today have experienced a significant amount of mixing with Moors and Sepharidic xxxs converted to Christianity, and in the case of the Portuguese, with indigenous people from their colonies. Despite all of this "lack of purity" from the perspective of Iberian genes, each group strongly identifies with being Portuguese and Spanish respectively, adopts the culture of each nation, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
                    Thank god i haven't find any one yet ,nor in my friends or in my family have any connection to the turks only that they killed my family.I know people that speak it but they all do it for a cause.Know your enemy they said.Stop imagining medieval times like modern America this isn't a case.
                    Yes that's why when people focus on genetics, they are placing themselves in the same boat as those butchers.

Originally posted by jgk3 View Post
                    The Turkish genepool did not so much "live with us long enough to mix", as share some of its relatively recent ancestry with a significant part of our own relatively recent ancestry. This "relatively recent" ancestry refers to the past few thousand years. Though migration has occurred, many genes have been Anatolian for a long time, and this is independent of modern ethnic differences that are only a few centuries old (i.e. Turk vs Armenian).

This is another indicator to me that it is the culture that distinguishes ethnic groups most, genetic background is a secondary, associated trait that happens because of human cultural activity. If you look at the Portuguese, or the Spanish for example... These ethnic groups today have experienced a significant amount of mixing with Moors and Sepharidic xxxs converted to Christianity, and in the case of the Portuguese, with indigenous people from their colonies. Despite all of this "lack of purity" from the perspective of Iberian genes, each group strongly identifies with being Portuguese and Spanish respectively, adopts the culture of each nation, etc...
                    Well Turkish genepool is mostly just assimilated folks of Anatolia plus a minor Central Asian input. Remember, the Turkic hordes came with a few thousand.

I agree, culture is and should be the main indicator. For example, there are many Americans of pure German descent, but have nothing to do with Germany or German culture at all. They feel like foreigners when they go to Germany. Genetic purity is an unscientific and outdated concept that was mostly used by the Nazis...but again if anybody knows anything about genetics, they know such a notion of being genetically pure is quite laughable.
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

Are the Germans that dont acknowledge themselves ,are they proud?
                      I think people know especially people from US from where they are coming from,that's why we see support towards England mostly and Israel .

Comment

Working...
                      X