Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian with a not-Armenian girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenian with a not-Armenian girl

Originally posted by Arsen View Post
    omg are russian girls marry on armenian boys in LA too?
    OMG, are you asking if their dks get hard when they see a pretty face & a nice set of..
    Is this what your confused about?
    OMG

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
      OMG, are you asking if their dks get hard when they see a pretty face & a nice set of..
      Is this what your confused about?
      OMG
      This forum sure comes up with some pretty strange ideas on how to solve the real concerns of the Armenian people's & nation.
      Artashes

Comment

lol no there aren't that many russians here, but I'm sure they would if there was russian girls here. in general armenian men seem to love russian girls.
        dont get me wrong, I love them for certain reasons too but not marrying

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
          lol no there aren't that many russians here, but I'm sure they would if there was russian girls here. in general armenian men seem to love russian girls.
          dont get me wrong, I love them for certain reasons too but not marrying
          yeah. Russian girls are very xxxxable, bot for marrying NO

Comment

of course it'd be nice for Armos to only marry Armos, but sometimes this is difficult especially in the Diaspora communities that are very small where sometimes there are only a few "eligible" armos to pick from... a person should not have to go a nation wide search (ayf & acyoa sports weekends, the armenian cruise, etc) or go to another country just to finds someone to date let alone marry.

Odars can also successfully be brought into the community, I know of a few mixed marriages where the kids and even the odar spouse speak armenian, go to armenian church etc, not saying it happens every time, it just depends on how adamant the Armenian in the marriage is about keeping things Armenian. And yes the odar will never truly be an "Armenian" but after a while the other Armenians of the community will get used to them

Comment

The overall level of understanding of the problem in this forum, this thread, is impressive. I wasn't expecting there to be such genuine nationalist concerns among English speakers. Good for you (at least most of you)!

Indeed, the identity game is a percentage and numbers game. Armenians in general are actually pretty good about accepting mixed marriages, considering that we're dealing with a culture who is conscious of its small population, its violent history of losing a huge chunk of its population in only relatively recent times.

What I find revolting, really, is when the ones who marry outside the nation are touted as "heroes" for some oddball reason. They are not heroes. Villains, they of course are not as well, and hopefully all find their happiness somewhere. But heroes? "Oh, you're so brave! Don't listen to your parents! THey're evil! You must be so courageous to do that in Gyumri" etc. Nonsense!

If there is anyone who deserves to be considered heroic, it is the one that tries to maintain his ancestry and pass it on. Considering that the entire mainstream of thought is to assimilate and "bleed into one", like Bono's song keeps on droning about, then indeed the heroes, the ones currently going against the grain are the ones who are maintaining their national/cultural identities.

The rest, truly, are just average people, falling in love, and then mostly divorcing, and so on. The ones who have a greater purpose than their own egoes in the marriage, see the marriage as a partnership, as something to build upon and pass on.

Comment

I agree with Mher on the Russian women issue. In addition, I would like to add that I have known Russian women who are dignified and intelligent, in fact very nationalistic, and have married, eventually, Russian men. Putin has changed their attitudes quite a bit, and lately I had been watching a televised report that asks the question of whether Peter I should be considered a national hero, an icon who laid the foundations to the modern RUssia, or the one who introduced hard liquor to Russian society? It is a fascinating inquiry that attempts, first of all, to find the reasons for the apathy of Russian men toward their women, which is something specifically discussed in that TV article.

Russians are changing, and their men are beginning to increasingly resent how their women are viewed by foreigners. I find that to be a healthy trend, and we Armenians, those of us who are still in the USSR mindset of "my Natya" (recall the Vigen Chaldranian production of "Yerevan-Los Angeles), are in for a shock. Hopefully we will get back the reputation of a respectful and conservative nationality and culture, but that has to be a decision at the individual level, since we do not seem to have media or leadership examples.
                Last edited by hagopn; 02-01-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Russian women need to follow the example of their Daghestani sisters...

Comment

Why the sarcasm? Is there something wrong with these women? By whose standards?
                    Last edited by hagopn; 02-01-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Whatever makes them happy (at the individual level).

Comment

Working...
                      X