Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Global Warming

Late last night(early morning) I get a message that someone can't transport a friend who is arriving in a town relatively close to me. So I go to airport as backup.
    I find a rather lovely lady who needs to go to the "International Arctic Research Center".
    To cut a long story --- She just got back from two conferences, one in Poland and one in Norway.
    Her area of research is Arctic Fisheries. She is "modeling" the Bering Sea and is based at UAF - International Arctic Research Center.
    I had just written a few hours previous about "Akasofu" and the center. So I showed her what I wrote concerning "Akasofu" as well as the climatic change. She expressed surprise at the accuracy of my statements and said it was a common "strangeness" that her and fellow researchers are highly aware of that the symbolic head of UAF-ARC is a politicle hack.
    The bold speech by Akasofu has no peer review (on climate etc.) and the real research goes on as if he didn't exist.
    Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
      It's a scientist who LOOKED AT NASA DATA and drew this conclusion. NASA doesn't hold this position.
      So now you're claiming that it takes a climatologist to read NASA data which shows how much energy is being released into space?

"When objective NASA satellite data, reported in a peer-reviewed scientific journal, show a “huge discrepancy” between alarmist climate models and real-world facts, climate scientists, the media and our elected officials would be wise to take notice. Whether or not they do so will tell us a great deal about how honest the purveyors of global warming alarmism truly are."

NASA Global Warming Stance Blasted By 49 Astronauts, Scientists Who Once Worked At Agency
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1418017.html
      Last edited by KanadaHye; 11-02-2012, 11:52 AM.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        So now you're claiming that it takes a climatologist to read NASA data which shows how much energy is being released into space?

"When objective NASA satellite data, reported in a peer-reviewed scientific journal, show a “huge discrepancy” between alarmist climate models and real-world facts, climate scientists, the media and our elected officials would be wise to take notice. Whether or not they do so will tell us a great deal about how honest the purveyors of global warming alarmism truly are."
        I think I addressed this above.

I suppose then that the Heartland Institute also reported that the scientific community read this article and disagreed as is the process in science? I can't help but notice that you didn't post anything of the sort... Was it not wise to also take note that a whole bunch of other scientists questioned their analysis and interpretation of that data and disagreed with their conclusions?

Here's a link to the 21 later scientific (NOT media interpretations) publications that had something to say about Spencer's article: http://scholar.google.com/scholar?as...111182&scipsc=
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
          I think I addressed this above.

I suppose then that the Heartland Institute also reported that the scientific community read this article and disagreed as is the process in science? I can't help but notice that you didn't post anything of the sort... Was it not wise to also take note that a whole bunch of other scientists questioned their analysis and interpretation of that data and disagreed with their conclusions?

Here's a link to the 21 later scientific (NOT media interpretations) publications that had something to say about Spencer's article: http://scholar.google.com/scholar?as...111182&scipsc=
          I'm just supporting my claim that there is a slight chance that the "majority" could be wrong here. That's all I've been saying all along and I've posted articles which support my claims. I do read this stuff beforehand and recall what I read months ago.... your claim that I'm just making this stuff up is unsubstantiated.
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            I'm just supporting my claim that there is a slight chance that the "majority" could be wrong here. That's all I've been saying all along and I've posted articles which support my claims. I do read this stuff beforehand and recall what I read months ago.... your claim that I'm just making this stuff up is unsubstantiated.
            Define slight and explain your point.
            I am not a climatologist, but when we run our stats in my field, we are typically use 95% confidence as the cutoff, but frequently we can exclude chance variation with 99.999% confidence.
            That's per tested hypothesis, so once you start taking compound probabilities of errors across multiple replications across multiple studies and the probability of erroneous findings gets even smaller than .001.

Are you suggesting that if there's a .001% chance that the majority is wrong, we should just wait until it's too late to actually do anything just to be 100% sure?
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Kinda funny that you are using the data from an agency you personaly know lies anyways as evidence for your argument. But thats not surprising because a desperate man trying to make the untrue true will resort to anything resembling a argument(reminds me of religious nutts). I do not need NASA nor anyone else to tell me that the weather is warming i see it in my everyday life. According to the argument this hack of a scientist makes the earth should not be warming much but i know it is. Instead of three months of safe ice we get 2 weeks of safe ice now. We have had one real winter here in the last 15 years. Yeh i know now your gona go back and say well it may be warming but not because of human activity..and im gona say enough of this denialist bs already im tired of going in circles. You used to be atleast funny once but now your no fun anymore.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Haykakan you might want to try spear fishing from now on?......we humans are known to adapt and change.

I just hope the earth's axis doesn't shift half a degree because them we could live in an ice age for sure.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Fighting Misinformation about Climate Science

Now there's more ice at South Pole than ever (So much for global warming thawing Antarctica!)

Comment

We can expect to see a lot more unexpected things like this happening because we have only a general idea about what will happen and we will see many surprizes. I hope a new iceage is not one of them but more drougt is bad to. Regardless of which way this goes there is a huge human footprint on all of this.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      Kinda funny that you are using the data from an agency you personaly know lies anyways as evidence for your argument. But thats not surprising because a desperate man trying to make the untrue true will resort to anything resembling a argument(reminds me of religious nutts). I do not need NASA nor anyone else to tell me that the weather is warming i see it in my everyday life. According to the argument this hack of a scientist makes the earth should not be warming much but i know it is. Instead of three months of safe ice we get 2 weeks of safe ice now. We have had one real winter here in the last 15 years. Yeh i know now your gona go back and say well it may be warming but not because of human activity..and im gona say enough of this denialist bs already im tired of going in circles. You used to be atleast funny once but now your no fun anymore.
                      Whoa! Hold on here. NASA supports the global warming claim and surely feeds the doctrine to its employees. What I said was there wasn't consensus among the entire organization because former employees have spoken out against NASA's stern stance (they can't get fired for doing so publicly). Now, if you want to talk religion, I'm sure it can be statistically (scientifically) proven that the reason non virgin brides smile on their wedding days is because they no longer have to give blow jobs. However, the politicians, global science community and the media will continue giving snow jobs even after the evidence no longer supports the global warming claim. Hold onto your sombreros brother and get out your muskrat hat and ice fishing gear because global cooling is on its way. That's just the natural earth cycle.

Comment

Working...
                      X