Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Global Warming

Not sure what bjs have to do with religion but yeh they do become much more infrequent once you tie the knot along with a buncha other things.. The last time i saw religion and bj in the same sentence was in a review of Modana's like a prayer video. As far as who is giving more snowjobs consider the following; who will gain by winning the argument for global warming; who will gain by the argument against global warming; then consider the resources available to each side of the argument. Once you realize that it is the rich and powerful coorporations and industries like oil, gas etc.. that are funding the bs science arguing against human impact on climate change then you will understand which side of the argument is grosly overblown(unlike married men).
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

In post #38 above a "link" to the expanded sea ice in the Antarctic is shown with a title that goes something like this --- so much for global warming, sea ice in Antarctic increases! ---
      If you read the article
      , all scientist say clearly it's actually part of the global warming. But the title and pic captions would (could) easily appear to refute the warming of the planet.
      I see this kind of presentation up here all the time. Very misleading.
      On most days up here (Alaska) our weather is coming from a totally different direction than the millinium age pattern we were used to.
      Don't be fooled, the planet as a whole is heating up enough to cause -- EXTREME CONCERNE -- by virtually ALL concerned and informed scientists.

Comment

Americas.Most.Secret.Structures.

Comment

In post #18 by Eddo, the last two or so sentences go something like this ---
          --- I don't think it's as simple as people think --- and --- don't think people realize how hard it would be to go all green, even if all govts of the world held hands and swapped spit --- (I paraphrase).
          I agree with that 100%.
          We the people are not (in my opinion) doing our part of trying to understand what is (again my opinion) actually incumbent on us (the regular citizen) to understand so we (the people) can make informed and appropriate choices,albeit hard ones.
          Instead it seems like a certain segment(the majority) are simply "counting" on someone else to understand and make those calls.
          Those points Eddo211 made I think hold far more import in this discussion and should be an integral part in our findings the --- WE --- are not showing the understanding and considerations necessary to becoming good stewards or good shepherds if you wll.
          Artashes

Comment

Prominent physicist no longer a climate change skeptic

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc502526" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=48409332&amp;width=420&amp;height=24 5" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc502526" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=48409332&amp;width=420&amp;heigh t=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit NBCNews.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.nbcnews.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

In post #8 Sig says ice caps are not going to be around much longer .
              Approx 7 years ago , the British navy published a report ( one time only ) and said this --- we sailed our nuclear sub under the north ice cap AND 80% of what's under the water is gone !!
              Every school kid knows most of that ice is under the water .
              UAF ( university Alaska Fairbanks ) IARC ( international arctic research center ) chimed in and said --- we have been studying that ice cap for many years with great interest , taking core samples , carbon dating etc and that cap has kept its shape and size constant for a little over 10,000 years .
              The northern ice cap is almost gone .
              The ramifications of this are huge and brutal .
              The " bad boys " are doing only what's forced upon them and then only half hearted when they can get by .
              As saddening as that is , my personal opinion is the looming dramatic population explosion will beat climatic change to the punch .
              Do the math .
              Artashes
              Last edited by Artashes; 03-20-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

People will either starve or kill each other like they always do. I hope global warming does not render this planet lifeless. This year the ice was late here in Michigan as it has been for over a decade. After the ice arrived we had unusaul warm spells which have not been so unusual last 5 years. Lucky for me and much to my wife's dismay the ice is hanging on deep into march this year - i haven't seen this fo a loong time. I have some pics of my icefishing adventures ill be posting them in the outdoors thread-time to go fishing
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

2/3 of this January were above zero and usually double degits above. The first 7 days of February were double degits above zero.
                  That kind of prolonged warmth in the heart of winter has not occurred up here (northern Alaska) in mellinia.
                  Completely unheard of.
                  All the old timers are saying they have NEVER seen anything like it.
                  Except for Siberia, this part of Alaska was always the coldest spot.
                  Unbelievable.
                  Artashes

Comment

Temp records are being broken everywhere.......not one rain storm in LA country this winter (we are in emergency drought now) and it was well into high 80s F beech weather today.
                    With that said half of eastern US is freaking frozen over 4 inch thick with major flight cancellations and transportation closures people without power freezing their asses off.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      Temp records are being broken everywhere.......not one rain storm in LA country this winter (we are in emergency drought now) and it was well into high 80s F beech weather today.
                      With that said half of eastern US is freaking frozen over 4 inch thick with major flight cancellations and transportation closures people without power freezing their asses off.
                      Yes, I'm tracking.
                      The weather we used to get up here is now bypassing us and dropping down to the Easter half of US.
                      Our weather in northern Alaska is now comming up from the pacific ocean & bring much warmth.
                      Both Anchorage & Fairbanks area are dramatically warm.
                      Just yesterday I talked with a native who was born & raised in "Rampart", which is a village on the Yukon river. The ice was only 3 feet thick. When he was a child, it was regularly 9 feet thick.
                      His family used to dig a hole to go ice fishing & 9 feet was a lot of digging. This year was easy as not only was the ice only 3 feet thick but was much softer also.

Comment

Working...
                      X