Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Global Warming

Yes, the weather we used to get here in north Alaska is now bypassing us and dropping down to the Canadian border & Midwest, east and all the way to Florida & Texas. That's why you are getting our weather. The weather we are getting up here is now comming from the pacific and bringing lots of warmth.
    Talked to a fella born and raised in Rampart, which is a village on the Yukon river. Used to be in the winter they would dig an ice hole to go fishing and they'd have to go down 9 feet through hard ice. This year he only had to go down 3 feet and the ice was much softer. The colder it gets, the harder & stronger ice becomes. Ice can actually become as strong as steel if cold enough.
    The weather pattern has changed and is continuing to change. We are in a dynamic transitional period tha t has not stabilized.
    If the info I'm getting from what I consider the "legitimate" scientific community are correct, more extreme and dramatic times are ahead.
    Artashes

Comment

Here in Michigan it has been raining for days and it will keep raining till Sunday making it over a week of rain. You might say well yeh its spring in Michigan and so there is rain so wth you complaining about...but its not that simple. Sure we get lots of rain in the spring here but this is very different-this rain has been more like summer rain with sudden gushesh of water falling out of the sky instead of droplets of water-it i just like having a bucket of water poured on you continuously. I do not mind the rain and as long as it does not damage crops its a good thing i think but good or bad there is definitely a big difference in the weather here. Michigan is not the only place where weather is strange-my fatherinlaw has been in LA for 8 months and said he saw it rain one time during these months. The whole western USA is suffering from a unending drought which is turning that region into a desert. No one knows where this is going. With the warmer weather and increasing rainfall i thought Michigan was going to turn into a rainforest but then we got the coldest/longest winter in many decades last winter so go figure that one out..however you want to look at it the weather is very messed up.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Just talked to another peer reviewed scientist that came back from the northern wilderness.
        He works for the federal govt.
        His line of research is "permafrost melting and carbon release".
        On Siggie's post whereby 92%-98% of scientists say "the activities of man has disrupted the natural cycle" he was in full agreement.
        He said there is carbon everywhere in the north because of our ways.
        The federal govt tasked him and a number of other scientists with writing a recommendation paper on their findings and a solution. He said his team wrote the paper with the recommendation to reduce fossil fuel consumption and stop deforestation. He said the federal govt forced him and every other scientist that wrote this paper to --- take their names off the paper" before it was published (because) it was a federal policy paper and they worked for the fed.
        I blurted out all my findings from my modest research and he agreed with 100%. Also he was surprised with a couple of my observations and conclusions.
        This sorrowful planet is in big trouble.

Comment

In post #46 I said Fairbanks university said the ice cap has been same basic size and form for 10,000 years.
          Meant to say 50,000 years.

Comment

JESSICA DESVARIEUX, TRNN PRODUCER: Welcome to The Real News Network. I'm Jessica Desvarieux in Baltimore.
            May and June had the hottest global temperatures on record, according to a report from the National Climactic Data Center. With July coming in as the Earth's fourth-hottest month on record, glacier-covered Greenland is seeing a real impact, and it has climate change scientists concerned.
            Our guest, Peter Sinclair, has been documenting this impact. He is the media director of the Dark Snow Project, an international team of researchers and climate communicators. He recently returned from his trip to Greenland, and he's currently in Midland, Michigan.
            Thanks for being with us, Peter.
            PETER SINCLAIR, VIDEOGRAPHER, DARK SNOW PROJECT: I'm very happy to be here. Thank you.
            DESVARIEUX: So, Peter, let's take a look at some of the visuals that you captured there in Greenland. I mean, you look at it, and it looks so pristine and peaceful, but people are really concerned about what's going on there. Why is Greenland of particular interest to climate change scientists?
            SINCLAIR: Greenland is currently the ice sheet that is giving us the greatest contribution to sea level rise. We saw BBC report this morning that the combined ice sheets--Antarctica and Greenland--have doubled their mass loss in the last five years. This is very sobering news. And now Antarctica is ten times the size of Greenland and will overtake Greenland at some time in this century as the main source of sea level rise. But for now, Greenland, with potentially 22 feet of sea level rise locked up in the ice there, is a major area of concern. And there may be things that we can still do to save Greenland, or to at least slow down its loss. So it's a major focus at this time.
            DESVARIEUX: So the ice sheet is a major focus, as you just said. But can you break down some of the data that you gathered while there on your recent trip? How does it compare to data from previous studies?
            SINCLAIR: Well, what Dark Snow Project is looking at is factors that are darkening the ice. Our science director, Jason Box, has documented that the Greenland ice sheet is darkening. Therefore it is absorbing more solar energy during summertime. And more solar energy makes the surface melt faster.
            There are reasons for the ice sheet to get dark. Some of them are natural. Some of them are produced by simply increasing areas of the ice sheet that are melting during the summer. As we get warmer and warmer temperatures that come further into the ice sheet, we see those areas remain above freezing long enough to get significant melt.
            So we were in that melt zone, about 20 kilometers in on the ice sheet, that is gradually expanding, where you see water everywhere moving into streams. You can see in the video the streams get larger and larger. And we had, not far away from our camp, we had what are called moulins, these waterfalls where the surface water plunges into the heart of the ice sheet, and thereby sending a whole lot of warmth down into--deep, deep into the ice.
            And so, as I said, we know this has always happened around the edges, but those edges are getting wider and wider and wider. And so it's critical that we understand why. Part of the reason may be soot from wildfires, which are increasing in northern forests around the hemisphere. Part of it may be from biological activity of algae and microbes that are able to grow and to develop when they have liquid water, when they're not frozen. And these microbes create a darkening effect on the ice sheet. And you can see in some of the video some of the areas that are sort of a dark grayish color. Those are the algae areas that we're looking at.
            DESVARIEUX: But, Peter, I mean, you're over there in Michigan, I'm sitting here in this lovely studio in Baltimore, but we're talking about Greenland. Why should people even be concerned about what's going on there?
            SINCLAIR: Well, I've heard scientists say what happens in the Arctic does not stay in the Arctic. We're looking at signs of sea level rise that are becoming increasingly difficult to ignore, particularly in places like Miami, also other places around the world where people are crowded together along low-lying coasts. Hurricane Sandy was certainly a wake-up call, in that it showed us that it doesn't take too many inches of sea level rise to begin to overwhelm infrastructure that we've built long our coasts, infrastructure that was built for the sea level of maybe 50 or 100 years ago but is rapidly becoming overwhelmed when we have an extreme event like a hurricane or extreme storm. So Greenland is going to--the melt of Greenland and the other ice sheets is going to come around and bite us a lot sooner than some people think.
            DESVARIEUX: Which populations would then be bitten harder, I guess, in terms of which populations would be most affected by this sea level rise?
            SINCLAIR: Well, of course, anyone--you said--I believe you're in Baltimore. Is that correct?
            DESVARIEUX: That's correct.
            SINCLAIR: Yeah. So I've been to the harbor in Baltimore, and I don't think it takes a lot of imagination to imagine, picture a foot or two or three of sea level rise, which at the current rates, at the current rate of increase, we could very well see in our lifetime, and what that might do the case of a storm, for instance.
            DESVARIEUX: Okay. So, Peter, I have a challenge for you. How would you respond to those climate-change skeptics that say the Earth has gone through drastic climate change before and that there is no link to human activities such as the burning of fossil fuels and emissions of greenhouse gases? How can we make that direct correlation?
            SINCLAIR: Well, the scientists, it's because the scientists understand the changes of the past so well that they're concerned about the changes we're making now. Generally, in the past the planet has changed. It's changed due to changes in orbital cycles, changes in the sun, sometimes changes in volcanic activity. None of those changes adequately explain the warming process that we're seeing that is undeniable at the present time. But there's plenty of evidence of, in the past, that when we have greenhouse gases, particularly carbon dioxide, when they have, through natural processes, gone up, then we get a warmer planet.
            And so what we've done now and what I've outlined in the interviews with scientists in some of my videos is that we've created an atmosphere now that is like the atmosphere we had two and a half million years ago. And when we look at sea level two and a half million years ago, we see that it was 50, 60, or even 70 feet higher than it is today.
            That won't happen all at once. It won't happen right away. But the past is definitely a record that is warning us that if we keep on the same trajectory, if we keep the same atmosphere that we have already today, that we're heading for much higher sea level rise that most people appreciate.
            DESVARIEUX: Alright. Peter St. Clair, very interesting analysis. Thank you so much for being with us.
            SINCLAIR: You bet. Thank you.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

This June in Fairbanks Alaska a hundred year record was broken for rainfall, and July fell short of breaking it's record by about an inch or less.
              The army corp of engineers had to open a flood gate at the flood control plain to prevent the Chena river from jumping its banks and flooding Fairbanks.
              This last winter in a town where 10 below zero was the high temperature for January & February , 2/3 of January were above zero & 50% of February were above zero and often double degits above.
              Getting strange up here and has been for past 14 years

Comment

When the skies up here in north Alaska become 40% or more clear, then you see the military jets (large) fly from eilson air force base and criss cross the skies. They release some particulate gaseous matter that looks like a condensation trail but it is not. The trail does not dissipate like a con-trail but lingers and changes the color of the sky and the cloud formations are disfigured and changed.
                If one examines the plane close, one can see nozzles that are releasing this matter from the trailing edge of the wings.
                I have got no answers from the air force or community ?leaders?. The general public is a blank and continues to be concerned about their emmediate lives to the exclusion of all else.
                The size of the aircraft being used to disburse these chemicals into the atmosphere indicates --- TONS --- of this stuff are being introduced into the skies up here.
                This is not the only place this is occurring.
                How many tons and to what purpose?
                ---- can you feel the love? ----

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                  When the skies up here in north Alaska become 40% or more clear, then you see the military jets (large) fly from eilson air force base and criss cross the skies. They release some particulate gaseous matter that looks like a condensation trail but it is not. The trail does not dissipate like a con-trail but lingers and changes the color of the sky and the cloud formations are disfigured and changed.
                  If one examines the plane close, one can see nozzles that are releasing this matter from the trailing edge of the wings.
                  I have got no answers from the air force or community ?leaders?. The general public is a blank and continues to be concerned about their emmediate lives to the exclusion of all else.
                  The size of the aircraft being used to disburse these chemicals into the atmosphere indicates --- TONS --- of this stuff are being introduced into the skies up here.
                  This is not the only place this is occurring.
                  How many tons and to what purpose?
                  ---- can you feel the love? ----
                  all large jets have the capability to dump fuel in flight to lower the aircraft's weight down to landing weight.....this is normally done during an emergency to return to land and regulations calls for dumping over the sea and not ground. The fuel jettison tubes are close to the wing tip area.
                  Also normal contrails can change color as the sun sets or moves across the horizon.

With that said the US is experimenting with cloud seeding to create rain clouds or to stop the rain clouds by introducing charge particles into the atmosphere. Some speculate its future military application by creating severe weather like tornadoes, hurricane, and tsunami. You have some facts and some conspiracy theories to go with it.
                  B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                    all large jets have the capability to dump fuel in flight to lower the aircraft's weight down to landing weight.....this is normally done during an emergency to return to land and regulations calls for dumping over the sea and not ground. The fuel jettison tubes are close to the wing tip area.
                    Also normal contrails can change color as the sun sets or moves across the horizon.

With that said the US is experimenting with cloud seeding to create rain clouds or to stop the rain clouds by introducing charge particles into the atmosphere. Some speculate its future military application by creating severe weather like tornadoes, hurricane, and tsunami. You have some facts and some conspiracy theories to go with it.
                    I have many pictures of the actions I spoke of from all over the world.
                    The planes up here as well as across the globe are flying to nowhere. They are flying in patterns and criss crossing the previous path. All commercial planes have a flight path that is generally followed strictly.
                    The world citizenry is just now starting to collect rain samples as well as dirt samples and low lying natural collection (trees/shrubs, etc).
                    Aluminum oxides, barium salts, and other matter have been identified so far.
                    When the govt programs that are detrimental to the common wheel are exposed, the first thing they do is lie and tell us it is benificial to us or national security. Often there is a grain of truth to their lies but the primary purpose is always obfuscated.
                    This program is of such size and cost as to be stunning.
                    It's live and in color and happening now.
                    ---- RIGHT NOW ----
                    It's taking place right in front of our eyes. Our general response... Apathy.
                    Those in control have the general populations number.
                    Let me quote (I paraphrase)....... Why are we worrying about an event that took place way back a hundred years ago when we have such pressing problems today
                    We're fkd.

Comment

Headline on one of the local newspapers this morning -- 10/1/14
                      35,000 walrus come to shore at point lay because floating sea ice is weak and sporadic and not sufficient to support them.
                      Although this has happened before since the climatic change started rearing its ugly head, it is not normal for the walrus to do this. They usually are out on the ice.
                      Thirty five thousand stranded and vulnerable.
                      Bad news. Just one of the consequences of man trashing the planet.

Comment

Working...
                      X