Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Azerbaijan to host inaugral European Olympics in 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azerbaijan to host inaugral European Olympics in 2015

'European Olympics' to be held in 2015

December 8, 2012 -- Updated 1633 GMT (0033 HKT)

(CNN) -- Europe will stage its own "Olympics" in 2015, the region's 49 member committees voted on Saturday.

The Azerbaijan capital of Baku will host the first European Games, with around 15 sports to be on the program for the event -- which will be held "in spring or early summer" according to the European Olympic Committees website.

The decision may put it in conflict with other sporting bodies. The International Athletics Federation will stage its world championships in Beijing in August 2015, while the swimming world championships will be held in Russia in July that year.

The European Games will come a year ahead of the next Summer Olympics, to be held in Brazil.

"The NOCs of Europe voted the proposal by secret ballot with an overwhelming majority," the EOC website reported after day two of the body's 41st general assembly in Rome.

"There are plenty of technical details to decide, but the Assembly has above all shown its will to go ahead and make this sports event, which is in no way intended to be a copy of the Olympic Games, a tool with which to enhance the attractiveness of sport.

"The NOCs have received assurance that the event will not cost them a penny, but bring them financial gains."

The idea of a European Games was first mooted three years ago but has been "in the 'Olympic air' for a long time," the EOC said.

Baku bidded to host the 2020 Summer Olympics but failed to make the IOC's shortlist as Istanbul, Madrid and Tokyo were selected. The vote for the host city will take place next September.

"The Baku delegation illustrated their project, presenting a modern and dynamic city that is practically ready to host this new sports event," the EOC said.

Europe will stage its own “Olympics” in 2015, the region’s 49 member committees voted on Saturday.

Re: Azerbaijan to host inaugral European Olympics in 2015

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    'European Olympics' to be held in 2015

December 8, 2012 -- Updated 1633 GMT (0033 HKT)

(CNN) -- Europe will stage its own "Olympics" in 2015, the region's 49 member committees voted on Saturday.

The Azerbaijan capital of Baku will host the first European Games, with around 15 sports to be on the program for the event -- which will be held "in spring or early summer" according to the European Olympic Committees website.

The decision may put it in conflict with other sporting bodies. The International Athletics Federation will stage its world championships in Beijing in August 2015, while the swimming world championships will be held in Russia in July that year.

The European Games will come a year ahead of the next Summer Olympics, to be held in Brazil.

"The NOCs of Europe voted the proposal by secret ballot with an overwhelming majority," the EOC website reported after day two of the body's 41st general assembly in Rome.

"There are plenty of technical details to decide, but the Assembly has above all shown its will to go ahead and make this sports event, which is in no way intended to be a copy of the Olympic Games, a tool with which to enhance the attractiveness of sport.

"The NOCs have received assurance that the event will not cost them a penny, but bring them financial gains."

The idea of a European Games was first mooted three years ago but has been "in the 'Olympic air' for a long time," the EOC said.

Baku bidded to host the 2020 Summer Olympics but failed to make the IOC's shortlist as Istanbul, Madrid and Tokyo were selected. The vote for the host city will take place next September.

"The Baku delegation illustrated their project, presenting a modern and dynamic city that is practically ready to host this new sports event," the EOC said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/08/sp...html?hpt=hp_t4
    That is sickening news.
    I'm not familiar with the european sports "revenue jockeying" but sense that and baku sniffed that and threw a wade of money to the blind/cold hearted greed ridden.
    And so --- the illegitimate are again legitimized.
    Truly sickening.
    I'm sorry to say this , but I've said it before ---
    --- we are the only one who are going to remember the truth, or cares.
    Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
      That is sickening news.
      I'm not familiar with the european sports "revenue jockeying" but sense that and baku sniffed that and threw a wade of money to the blind/cold hearted greed ridden.
      And so --- the illegitimate are again legitimized.
      Truly sickening.
      I'm sorry to say this , but I've said it before ---
      --- we are the only one who are going to remember the truth, or cares.
      Artashes

As sickening as it is, and as much as its going to hurt in the immediate future, the more I think about it, the more I realize its good for us. Instead of investing in education, the economy, or infrastructure, they're gonna spend the last of their dwindling oil/gas money on more obnoxious hotels, bars, and stadiums that are gonna be abandoned immediately after the games. Hosting the Olympics has ended up hurting some of the most advanced countries in the world, I can only imagine what it can do to a nation run by a incompetent moron.

Not to mention, its only going to be an opportunity to bring out to the open all of the filth that exists in this dictatorial racist regime. Armenia should come out with an immediate response to this. Its gonna be the Eurovision magnified many times.

Having said all of that, the committee who selected Baku should be embarrassed and disgusted by their pathetic existence for rewarding a dictatorial regime that withholds billions of dollars of revenue from the hungry masses to build castles for each member of the ruling clan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
        As sickening as it is, and as much as its going to hurt in the immediate future, the more I think about it, the more I realize its good for us. Instead of investing in education, the economy, or infrastructure, they're gonna spend the last of their dwindling oil/gas money on more obnoxious hotels, bars, and stadiums that are gonna be abandoned immediately after the games. Hosting the Olympics has ended up hurting some of the most advanced countries in the world, I can only imagine what it can do to a nation run by a incompetent moron.

Not to mention, its only going to be an opportunity to bring out to the open all of the filth that exists in this dictatorial racist regime. Armenia should come out with an immediate response to this. Its gonna be the Eurovision magnified many times.

Having said all of that, the committee who selected Baku should be embarrassed and disgusted by their pathetic existence for rewarding a dictatorial regime that withholds billions of dollars of revenue from the hungry masses to build castles for each member of the ruling clan.
        Your points make make sense and I agree as to the waste of capital and the motivation behind this waste.
        The motivation behind this waste in my opinion is for deception and fraudulent misrepresentation.
        I hope you are right that the deceptions of these minnie turks becomes apparent to the viewing audience.
        However, just like their more numerous cousin hominoids to the west they have well financed international PR firms trying to portray lies as truth
        I agree Armenia should respond emmediatly,but have not seen our response team(s) nearly as well coordinated as say -- Israel -- . I'm worried there. It seems to me we have individuals that are plenty capable but no unified "full court press" effective and persistent capability.
        I hadn't really thought of it till you said it was an "opportunity", but I agree that -- potential -- is there.
        How we go about that and who's going to address that -- well, so far except for you(Mher) I've heard nothing.
        Also if I may paraphrase your comment on "committee who selected baku" --- yes ,they should be shot.
        They should all be exposed for their utter lack of moral Bering. Yet except for you(Mher) I've heard nothing.
        I'm concerned about that.
        Artashes

Comment

Unfortunately ( in this case for us ) money talks.
          With reserves of 50-60 billion dollars and apparently anxious to splash it around to make a name for itself
          it would actually be headhunted for as a likely candidate for such events.

I agree not all is good for Azerbaijan.

A good example was the Eurovision song contest.
          All non contest commentary was about the corruption in the country and the abuse of peoples rights.

There is a section of journalists who love to make a name for themselves by highlighting and
          publicizing scandals. Of course the best time for this is when the target is at centre stage.

PS If our publicists can throw fuel in the fire so much the better.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

lol Azerbaijan hosting the most expensive sport on earth in 2016. I bet this was planned before the price of oil took a nose dive.

Imola boss Pietro Benvenuti admits his fears for the future of F1 in its European heartland.

Of this year's twenty scheduled Grands Prix, only eight will take place in Europe, traditionally the heartland of the sport. Of course, that's assuming the German Grand Prix still goes ahead.

To add insult to injury, next year sees Azerbaijan added to the calendar, and despite the fact that many perceive it as being in south western Asia, over a thousand miles east of Istanbul - which marks the historical point where Asia meets Europe - will host the Grand Prix of Europe, a race previously held by circuits such as Brands Hatch, Donington, the Nurburgring and Jerez. You know, tracks actually in Europe.

The fact that Bernie Ecclestone connives to have new additions to the calendar scheduled in order to maximise the TV audience in Europe is clear proof that - despite the sport's seeming best efforts - the fan-base remains strong. Which poses the obvious question, 'why is F1 forsaking its traditional heartland?'

The answer is just as obvious. Money.

Fact is, being in private hands and with no government backing, or any other kind of benefactor, the European circuits are struggling. Ever rising fees mean that ticket prices are high which means that, certainly in these difficult times, less fans are able to afford them.

No such problems for many of those new additions to the calendar, where wealthy governments are falling over themselves in order to have the 'prestige' that F1 will afford them.

Clearly not having learned the lessons of India or Korea, to name but two, governments continue to fall for Bernie's snake oil, confident that F1 will finally put them on the map and have the world's beautiful people banging a path to their door.

It's a prospect that frightens Pietro Benvenuti, the general director at Imola, a circuit forever linked with the horrors of 1994, but which between 1981 and 2006 hosted a number of great Grands Prix.

"Currently, there are no capable venues to afford the costs to host a Formula One race without the support of governments or wealthy sponsors," he told Italy's f1web.it.

"I think the entire F1 world must be changed, taking into account that the economic conditions have changed," he warned. "Otherwise, the risk is in losing the historical venues which created the myth of the sport."

Of his own country's round of the championship, which is also under threat, he said: "Italy cannot lose its Grand Prix. Though clearly, the situation is very tough."

Whilst there is talk that Monza is now considering the prospect of life without F1, fearing that the cash demands will drain it of resources for other forms of racing, Benvenuti revealed that the sport could still consider Imola.

"Last June, Charlie Whiting inspected the circuit. He confirmed a Grade 1 license until June 2017. This means the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari complies with all the technical requirements to host any FIA race, including Formula 1."

Sadly, whilst it might meet all the technical requirements for F1, the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, like so many others in Europe, cannot come anywhere close to matching the financial resources of the likes of Azerbaijan or Qatar.

Comment

Armenian Wins Gold at Baku Games

Much like Andranik Teymourian, I'm left with much more disappointment than celebration. That's the second gold for Russia from an Armenian. At the very least, hers is slightly more understandable considering Armenia doesn't have the infrastructure and development for gymnastic that Russia does. The other Russian gold from greco-roman wrestling however was more disappointing considering he could have easily done the same coming through the Armenian ranks.

Comment

Pan-Armenian Games’ torch reaches Lori Province
                17:48, 20.06.2015
                Region:Armenia
                Theme: Society

The 6th Pan-Armenian Games’ torch, which was lit on May 8 in Shushi city of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR), on Saturday reached the Lori Province from the Tavush Province of Armenia.

Five-time world Sambo champion, 47–year-old Gagik Ghazaryan, received the torch in Vanadzor city.

A respective festive event was organized at the Hayk Square in Vanadzor.

The handball competition of the 6th Pan-Armenian Games is planned to be held in this city.

The torch will head for the Aragatsotn Province, next.

The 6th Pan-Armenian Games will be held from August 2 to 13. The competitions will take place all over Armenia as well as in the NKR. About 5,500 athletes are expected to take part in this event.
                The event will be held from August 2 to 13, and the competitions will take place all over Armenia as well as in Nagorno-Karabakh…

Lol our humble Pan-Armenian games are the same size as Azerbaijan's multi billion dollar joke of a sports event.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsov View Post

The 6th Pan-Armenian Games’ torch, which was lit on May 8 in Shushi city of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic (NKR), on Saturday reached the Lori Province from the Tavush Province of Armenia.

Five-time world Sambo champion, 47–year-old Gagik Ghazaryan, received the torch in Vanadzor city.

The handball competition of the 6th Pan-Armenian Games is planned to be held in this city.

The 6th Pan-Armenian Games will be held from August 2 to 13. The competitions will take place all over Armenia as well as in the NKR. About 5,500 athletes are expected to take part in this event.
                  The event will be held from August 2 to 13, and the competitions will take place all over Armenia as well as in Nagorno-Karabakh…

Lol our humble Pan-Armenian games are the same size as Azerbaijan's multi billion dollar joke of a sports event.
                  Notice the torch goes from one section of Armenia to the next.
                  LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tsov View Post

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                    Notice the torch goes from one section of Armenia to the next.
                    LOL
                    The march toward reunification continues , relentlessly.

Comment

Working...
                    X