Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Agriculture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agriculture

Agriculture is the backbone of any economy, at least any self reliant one.
    It represents the primary sector, on wich the secondary (transformation, industry) and tertiary (services) are based.
    For a country like ours, it is much more.
    It is a vital, self-reliance, survival matter.
    As in any other aspects of our life, the possibility of a full blockade, and total war is a constant and ever-lasting factor.
    Nevertheless, apart from basic and low productivity sectors, such as cereals, where we can in no way compete witch huge entities like Russia, Ukraine, etc..., we need to use some parts on income generating, export sectors.
    Having few arable lands, and much fewer irrigated ones, we must try to get the best productivity from every irrigated acre.
    At least, in theory.
    Last edited by Vrej1915; 01-26-2013, 10:16 AM.

Re: Agriculture

Եթե գազը թանկանա, հայ ֆերմերներն իրենց ջերմոցները ստիպված կտեղափոխվեն Վրաստան
    Նարեկ Ալեքսանյան

14:54, 26 հունվարի, 2013
    Երբ գազի գինը մեկ խորանարդ մետրի համար 35 դրամ էր, Արարատյան դաշտավայրում տնամերձ ջերմոցներ կառուցող գյուղացիները վարկ վերցրին այն հույսով, որ իրենց սպասելիք եկամուտների հաշվին կկարողանան մարել վարկը և շարունակել զբաղվել ջերմոցային տնտեսությամբ: Ջերմոցային տնտեսությունը վերջին շրջանում միտում ուներ դառնալու գյուղատնտեսության արդյունավետ զարգացող ճյուղ Հայաստանում:

Այժմ բացի նրանից, որ բարձրացել է գազի գինը, ընկել է գյուղմթերքի գինը: Ջերմոցային տնտեսությամբ զբաղվել սկսած ֆերմերները, չկարողանալով մարել բանկից վերցրած վարկը, ստիպված են եղել ավելի խոշոր տոկոսադրույքներով երկրորդ վարկը վերցնել՝ նախկինը մարելու նպատակով, սակայն դրա հետևանքով հայտնվել են սնանկացման եզրին:

Ջերմոցային տնտեսության տնօրեն, ֆերմեր Գագիկ Բաբախանյանի համոզմամբ՝ ստեղծված իրավիճակում այլ ելք չի մնում, քան ապամոնտաժել ջերմոցները և տնտեսությունը տեղափոխել Վրաստան, օրինակ՝ Աջարիա, որտեղ գազի գինը նորմալ է, կլիման էլ առավել նպաստավոր:

Ջերմոցային տնտեսությամբ զբաղվողների համար մտահոգության առարկա է նաև այն, որ պետությունը ոչ մի կերպ չի խրախուսում տեղական արտադրողին, իսկ մինչ այդ Թուրքիայից Հայաստան է ներմուծվում անորոշ ծագման պինդ, անհամ և առողջության համար վտանգավոր լոլիկ, որը մրցակցությունից դուրս է մղում Արարատյան դաշտավայրում աճեցված մաքուր ծագման, կալորիականությամբ հարուստ լոլիկին:

Այսպիսի իրավիճակ եղել է դեռևս խորհրդային տարիներին, երբ Հայաստանի տարածքից ծաղկային ջերմոցները տեղափոխվեցին Ադրբեջանի կազմի մեջ մտնող Նախիջևան, և Ադրբեջանը դարձավ միակ խոշոր ծաղիկ արտահանող երկիրը տարածաշրջանում:

Ֆերմերը իրավիճակից դուրս գալու միջոց է դիտարկում գազի համար սահմանված ավելացված արժեքի հարկն իրենց տնտեսություններից չհարկելը, ինչն արվում է, օրինակ, Հոլանդիայում, որպեսզի գյուղատնտեսության այս ճյուղը վերջնականապես չկործանվի Հայաստանում:

Comment

The key here is in comparative advantage and specialization. Armenia needs to enhance whatever comparative advantages she in order for her to be competative in global markets. It is better to import things you have a comparative disadvantage in and to export things you have a comparative advantage in. Free trade is based on specialization and comparative advantage. One of Armenia's problems is cheap and efficient access to world markets and the turkish blockade makes this a bigger problem. Normally self reliance is not a efficient econmomic strategy but then again there is nothing normal about this part of the world.

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
      Agriculture is the backbone of any economy, at least any self reliant one.
      It represents the primary sector, on wich the secondary (transformation, industry) and tertiary (services) are based.
      For a country like ours, it is much more.
      It is a vital, self-reliance, survival matter.
      As in any other aspects of our life, the possibility of a full blockade, and total war is a constant and ever-lasting factor.
      Nevertheless, apart from basic and low productivity sectors, such as cereals, where we can in no way compete witch huge entities like Russia, Ukraine, etc..., we need to use some parts on income generating, export sectors.
      Having few arable lands, and much fewer irrigated ones, we must try to get the best productivity from every irrigated acre.
      At least, in theory.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        The key here is in comparative advantage and specialization. Armenia needs to enhance whatever comparative advantages she in order for her to be competative in global markets. It is better to import things you have a comparative disadvantage in and to export things you have a comparative advantage in. Free trade is based on specialization and comparative advantage. One of Armenia's problems is cheap and efficient access to world markets and the turkish blockade makes this a bigger problem. Normally self reliance is not a efficient econmomic strategy but then again there is nothing normal about this part of the world.
        Exact.
        Reason why we need to 'accomodate' global economic rules, even if it hurts some monopolist importers of ours (much more than WTO rules quoted as pretexts).
        Importing tomatoes, apricot, peaches, most nuts, or grapes in Armenia must be forbidden, specially from Torkey, no matter protectionist that must sound.

Comment

Exact.
          Reason why we need to 'accomodate' global economic rules, even if it hurts some monopolist importers of ours (much more than WTO rules quoted as pretexts).
          Importing tomatoes, apricot, peaches, most nuts, or grapes in Armenia must be forbidden, specially from Torkey, no matter protectionist that must sound.
          I certainly don't care about "monopolist importers", and definitely agree on Not importing tomatoes, apricots , nuts etc , and imfatically agree with not importing from turkurd as$holes.
          My opinion , is no matter how difficult -- we should not export to to butcher squatters to the west.
          Am wondering what the better and more informed minds think of NO exporting to enemy ?
          Also , I understand "accommodate" global economic rules , but DO NOT trust global etc farce act.
          ???
          Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
            I certainly don't care about "monopolist importers", and definitely agree on Not importing tomatoes, apricots , nuts etc , and imfatically agree with not importing from turkurd as$holes.
            My opinion , is no matter how difficult -- we should not export to to butcher squatters to the west.
            Am wondering what the better and more informed minds think of NO exporting to enemy ?
            Also , I understand "accommodate" global economic rules , but DO NOT trust global etc farce act.
            ???
            Artashes
            You mean, you would refuse to export to the EU, if you had a chance?

Comment

You mean, you would refuse to export to the EU, if you had a chance?
              No, I didn't mean that.
              I mean global economics is is being used by " big hitters " to advance their agenda and great caution needs be exercised .
              My primary question is the exporting to the turkurds.
              I can understand economic benefits but think the morally it's wrong. Also it somehow gives legitimacy to them from us, it seems to me. I know the economics of not dealing with them is difficult for us and a tough move .
              My question is to the better minds and more informed minds about no exporting to as$holes , so that I might gain understanding.
              Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                No, I didn't mean that.
                I mean global economics is is being used by " big hitters " to advance their agenda and great caution needs be exercised .
                My primary question is the exporting to the turkurds.
                I can understand economic benefits but think the morally it's wrong. Also it somehow gives legitimacy to them from us, it seems to me. I know the economics of not dealing with them is difficult for us and a tough move .
                My question is to the better minds and more informed minds about no exporting to as$holes , so that I might gain understanding.
                Artashes
                From an agricultural point of view, we have nothing competitive enough to sell them first place.
                They have most of our country, that is they produce all of the fruits we do, much, much more, on an extensive mode, with modern equipment, and EU + WB + US help....
                So the question is not even on the table.

Comment

There is always some comparative advantage. The advantage is in relative opportunity cost. Even if the other side is better at doing everything that still means we have lower opportunity costs thus a comparative advantage. Trading with the turk can help both us and them but more so us then them. If such trade should or should not happen is more of a moral issue on our side and it is one the armenian government is ok with. Trade can begin in phases to make sure security and abusive situations do not arise. Besides trade with the turk we will gain more direct routes to europe if borders open. Armenia has much to gain here but trading with your butcher sounds bad no matter how you say it.
                  From an agricultural point of view, we have nothing competitive enough to sell them first place.
                  They have most of our country, that is they produce all of the fruits we do, much, much more, on an extensive mode, with modern equipment, and EU + WB + US help....
                  So the question is not even on the table.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    There is always some comparative advantage. The advantage is in relative opportunity cost. Even if the other side is better at doing everything that still means we have lower opportunity costs thus a comparative advantage. Trading with the turk can help both us and them but more so us then them. If such trade should or should not happen is more of a moral issue on our side and it is one the armenian government is ok with. Trade can begin in phases to make sure security and abusive situations do not arise. Besides trade with the turk we will gain more direct routes to europe if borders open. Armenia has much to gain here but trading with your butcher sounds bad no matter how you say it.
                    Unfortunately not true on a real life, even if it sounds good in theory.
                    Compare any price, of any agricultural output in Turkey, and in Armenia.
                    They will be cheaper, and will sell more cheap than cheaper, as a dumping policy to kill our economy (and as today, there will always be 'oligarks's happy to make money by thinking they are the wise guys)....
                    We would have quality for us, but yet again, they are not the market with such solvancy, to pay twice more for our apricot (even if much more tasty); rather than theirs... It makes much more sense to sell our product in EU or Moskow, or the Gulf states, rather than in Van....
                    In any open border trade situation, we would largely be the losers.
                    The manpower is a such small difference here, that it does not matter.
                    And do not forget, on the other side of the border, we do not have westernised Bolis or Smyrniya, but very neglected, poor, ignorant regions of Ocuppied Western Armenia, inhabited by mostly ill treated Kurds, living in a war situation....

Access to Europe, and open trade with Turkey are different matters.
                    We need end of the blockade, and more so, end of monopolies/state level corruption (something independant of the blockade, no matter how hard Sejik, Levon, Robert, or others would like us to beleive) we do not need trade with Turkey.
                    One does not necesserily imply the other....

Comment

Working...
                    X