Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Intellect or as$hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Intellect or as$hole

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
    No , that's not what I am saying . That is not what I wrote .
    This information has been in the public domain for almost as long as when first spoken .
    It is easy to find , not obscure . And fact .
    Do you thinks he point you focused in on in any why addresses the heart of the point I made ?
    Ni my opinion that's about as shallow and diversionary from a point that has affected ( and is affecting) millions of lives adversely and to their great detriment , to say the least .
    And your concentrating on a FAMOUS utterance by ... ?
    And you are defending the ? Honor and integrity ? of ford the 1st from slander ?
    I have spoken of one grievance , you have spoken of another .
    Please , for all to see .

Artashes
    I am not defending anyone I am just asking some sources, because you have made a historical statement without presenting any sources. Someone who loves history, I cannot stand BS like this! Especially when this phrase is used: "This information has been in the public domain for almost as long as when first spoken ."
    It reminds me of the fact that Nero was fiddling when Rome was burning down or that Columbus didn't know that the world was round! Because the info is in the public domain doesn't mean that the info is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
      I am not defending anyone I am just asking some sources, because you have made a historical statement without presenting any sources. Someone who loves history, I cannot stand BS like this! Especially when this phrase is used: "This information has been in the public domain for almost as long as when first spoken ."
      It reminds me of the fact that Nero was fiddling when Rome was burning down or that Columbus didn't know that the world was round! Because the info is in the public domain doesn't mean that the info is correct.
      I can't stand your BS .
      I ain't your servant . You can look it up yourself . Any fkn fool can find the sources . If you think because I haven't done your work for you that you've said anything of merit your BS is yours .
      Artashes

Comment

Now to brush aside the diversionary waste of time BS
        To separate the wheat from the chaff ---
        Ford the 1st watched the 15 millionth model T roll off the line . How many cars , trucks , etc since ?
        How many unnecessary cars , trucks , etc and the repairs .
        All that labor was wasted .
        Of all the needed things in this world and we spend our time building throw away crap .
        And there are many voices that have reasons and justifications for waste .
        And the general population doesn't know what to do except support the absurdly rich and conniving .
        Such pathetic arguments
        Artashes

Comment

Now to brush aside the diversionary waste of time BS
          To separate the wheat from the chaff ---
          Ford the 1st watched the 15 millionth model T roll off the line . How many cars , trucks , etc since ?
          How many unnecessary cars , trucks , etc and the repairs .
          All that labor was wasted .
          Of all the needed things in this world and we spend our time building throw away crap .
          And there are many voices that have reasons and justifications for waste .
          And the general population doesn't know what to do except support the absurdly rich and conniving .
          Such pathetic arguments
          Artashes
          Forgot to include all the resources --– all unnecessary . What a waste , what a crime .
          Artashes

Comment

Yeh it is a waist of resources among other things but that is what capitalism is all about. Karo is sold on the capitalist system like many others so no need to single him out. Bought a $4k couch and it is already saging after 6 months. We bought a expencive washer it did not work after installation. This is the new norm and it sux. Even the people who work for these companies will tell you their products are xxxxt. You could buy a nice couch at ethan ellens but you need $7.5k to do it.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Jobs was a crook too. Every time people buy an iPhone, a few months later they make a new and "better" one!
              [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
              -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
                Jobs was a crook too. Every time people buy an iPhone, a few months later they make a new and "better" one!
                When I heard jobs dropped dead , I took the day off and had two nice tall glasses of scotch and water .

Comment

Forgot to include all the resources --� all unnecessary . What a waste , what a crime .
                  Artashes
                  If one man , or a relatively small group of men can guid an uninformed populous to such great waste of time , energy ,resources , etc ,

Is it also possible that one man or a small group could lead the multitude to something other than the interests of the few and greatly privileged ?
                  Henry ford did the common thing . He grabbed for himself . As common as dirt . If in any dought , follow the money of ...
                  But he was only one man .
                  The wasted man hours , material , mining evolved millions of people + unaccounted wasted personal time of millions of people .
                  All in a world crying for time and attention that goes unfunded and unaddressed .
                  The real point is to identify and address the difference between the interests of the few and our interests .
                  We cannot continue to copy those interests . They are cancerous to land and life .
                  Artashes

Comment

Funny ----- the primary purpose of their lives -----
                    Oh , what will we do ? Oh , what will the vast majority do ?
                    The ultra rich couldn't have said it better .
                    One of the benefits of keeping the general population uneducated is that some of them or any of them might think there is some merit or any merit in your question .
                    Artashes
                    Where on earth were you educated? You come over as being almost illiterate, a big problem on a word-based media like a forum. You have great difficulty in presenting your own thoughts properly, and don't seem to have the skills to comprehend the meaning of other people's posts. Your above reply displays a complete lack of understanding of my post.
                    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 03-06-2013, 09:04 AM.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
                      I say with pride that I have never owned an Apple product.

Though, my opinion of Apple products and their intended customer base was formed back in the 1990s - when Apple made only one button on their mice because Mac users couldn't understand how to use two, and their computers' OS software wasn't called its "operating system" because Apple felt that the words "operating system" were too intimidating for its typical customer.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X