Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Intellect or as$hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellect or as$hole

The original Henry ford ( as$hole ) was the first of the American auto makers to institute " built in obsolescients " . The other greed ridden followed suit .
    The original henry ford sent his best engineers to the junkyards to gather broken down fords and meticulously evaluate each part . At the end of the evaluation ( as$hole ) ford held up a part that still functioned as it was designed to function , and said quote --- we are making this part too good !!!
    Ford motor co has been robbing ---- ever since .
    People like him are awarded much respect in America and the world .
    Because of wealth ( I'll gotten ) not merit .
    Henry ford was a thieving as$hole , so are his bust flushes .
    Artashes

Re: Intellect or as$hole

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
    The original Henry ford ( as$hole ) was the first of the American auto makers to institute " built in obsolescients " . The other greed ridden followed suit .
    The original henry ford sent his best engineers to the junkyards to gather broken down fords and meticulously evaluate each part . At the end of the evaluation ( as$hole ) ford held up a part that still functioned as it was designed to function , and said quote --- we are making this part too good !!!
    Artashes
    My Grandfather , Harry Hamparian ( Hamparsumian ) built many things in his 90 years . Wether it was an electrical device or a cabinet for the house , he always built it to be as strong , durable , functionable and pleasant as he could conceive .
    I am thankful I was born to that Armenian man . I count my blessings that I wasn't born to the ford family .
    No one quotes my grandfather ( he didn't have a lot of money ) .
    A quote from my Grandfather --- be honest and decent with true sincerity ---
    Not the only one in my family to give me those instructions .
    Artashes

Comment

Artashes
      Any proof for this? To me it seems the legends and slander that hang around men who have done great things in their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
        Any proof for this? To me it seems the legends and slander that hang around men who have done great things in their lives.
        I'm guessing that Artashes' Ford-made car just broke down.

Planned obsolescence has been central to the US economy since the post-ww1 period. Just before WW1 the ruling elites in America began to panic when they thought about what would happen to them and their wealth once everyone in the country had purchased everything they ever needed to purchase. Since there were only a limited number of things people could buy (or could want to buy) and most products could last for a lifetime, they envisaged economic and social chaos unless a solution was found. Consumerism and social control was the answer, they decided. They are designed to make obsolescence central to society so that people are always wanting to purchase new things and more things, and the primary purpose of a person's life is the attaining of those new things and more of them.
        Last edited by bell-the-cat; 03-02-2013, 09:07 AM.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Lots of proof . Simply look .
          You think ford is great . I would not tolerate his presence .
          You got your friends , I got mine .
          Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
            I'm guessing that Artashes' Ford-made car just broke down.

Planned obsolescence has been central to the US economy since the post-ww1 period. Just before WW1 the ruling elites in America began to panic when they thought about what would happen to them and their wealth once everyone in the country had purchased everything they ever needed to purchase. Since there were only a limited number of things people could buy (or could want to buy) and most products could last for a lifetime, they envisaged economic and social chaos unless a solution was found. Consumerism and social control was the answer, they decided. They are designed to make obsolescence central to society so that people are always wanting to purchase new things and more things, and the primary purpose of a person's life is the attaining of those new things and more of them.
            You guessed wrong . Don't own a ford .
            The rest of your post is accurate but missing huge amounts of data .
            ----- they in visioned social & economic chaos ----- true . They were unfit for guiding (a) the country (b) the world (c) mankind in general . That is why THEY became wealthy and the world at large sucked hind wind .
            Heard many shallow arguments on economic benefits of the fraudulent activities of the manipulators .
            The amount of wasted labor , materials etc is shameful . And unsustainable .
            Al Capone , an infamous gangster was well liked in his neighborhood . He used to give $100 bills away on the streets . That did not make the murderer ( Capone ) a good guy . Any economic benefit derived from the gangster ( Capone ) was overshadowed by his heartless self centered conduct .
            Ford was a crook , no greatness in him , or any of his ilk .
            Artashes

Comment

Lots of proof . Simply look .
              You think ford is great . I would not tolerate his presence .
              You got your friends , I got mine .
              Artashes
              So what you are saying is: No I do not have historical sources that this happened but I will continue to slander people because that is the cool thing to do.

Comment

So what you are saying is: No I do not have historical sources that this happened but I will continue to slander people because that is the cool thing to do.
                No , that's not what I am saying . That is not what I wrote .
                This information has been in the public domain for almost as long as when first spoken .
                It is easy to find , not obscure . And fact .
                Do you thinks he point you focused in on in any why addresses the heart of the point I made ?
                Ni my opinion that's about as shallow and diversionary from a point that has affected ( and is affecting) millions of lives adversely and to their great detriment , to say the least .
                And your concentrating on a FAMOUS utterance by ... ?
                And you are defending the ? Honor and integrity ? of ford the 1st from slander ?
                I have spoken of one grievance , you have spoken of another .
                Please , for all to see .

Artashes

Comment

You guessed wrong . Don't own a ford .
                  The rest of your post is accurate but missing huge amounts of data .
                  ----- they in visioned social & economic chaos ----- true . They were unfit for guiding (a) the country (b) the world (c) mankind in general . That is why THEY became wealthy and the world at large sucked hind wind .
                  Heard many shallow arguments on economic benefits of the fraudulent activities of the manipulators .
                  The amount of wasted labor , materials etc is shameful . And unsustainable .
                  Al Capone , an infamous gangster was well liked in his neighborhood . He used to give $100 bills away on the streets . That did not make the murderer ( Capone ) a good guy . Any economic benefit derived from the gangster ( Capone ) was overshadowed by his heartless self centered conduct .
                  Ford was a crook , no greatness in him , or any of his ilk .
                  Artashes
                  So what do you think 5 billion people should do if the primary purpose of their lives is no longer going to be the attaining of new things and as many of those new things as possible? Try weaning 5 billion off their drug of choice.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                    So what do you think 5 billion people should do if the primary purpose of their lives is no longer going to be the attaining of new things and as many of those new things as possible? Try weaning 5 billion off their drug of choice.
                    Funny ----- the primary purpose of their lives -----
                    Oh , what will we do ? Oh , what will the vast majority do ?
                    The ultra rich couldn't have said it better .
                    One of the benefits of keeping the general population uneducated is that some of them or any of them might think there is some merit or any merit in your question .
                    Artashes

Comment

Working...
                    X