Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Eve Dönüş: Sarıkamış 1915 (The Long Way Home)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eve Dönüş: Sarıkamış 1915 (The Long Way Home)

A new Turkish film on the Battle of Sarikamish. The cinematographer is a Yerevan-born Armenian, who has been working on Turkish films since at least the early 2000s...

When I attended the press screening of “Eve Dönüş: Sarıkamış 1915” (The Long Way Home), I expected to watch another immensely patriotic film depicting the era of the Turkish War of Independence composed of over-the-top valor, didactic dialogue and an unconvincing depiction of characters who are stereotypes as opposed to real human beings.

I was thankfully mistaken, for “The Long Way Home” could possibly be the best film of this decade, choosing to seek a different approach in illustrating a piece of Turkish history from the early 20th century, and what's more it is acted and filmed beautifully.

The film is director Alphan Eşeli's debut feature, a long-time photographer and advertisement director who gracefully makes an entrance into cinema with this gem of a film.

It is 1915, during World War I, and the Ottoman Empire, which is allied with the Germans, has just been hit with a massive defeat after the battle of Sarıkamış in eastern Anatolia fought against the Russians. Ninety thousand soldiers have died, and some of their corpses are left to freeze in the tundra climate of the environs of Kars. It is right after this battle that a handful of characters are trying to find their way in this wintry landscape, in order to get to their homes in the western parts of the country.

We first meet Saci (Uğur Polat), an upper class Ottoman bureaucrat, who is traveling with his colleague's wife, Gül (Nergis Öztürk) and her daughter, Nihan (Myraslava Kosteyeva), through the mountains to ensure their safe arrival in İstanbul. The problem is that all roads are blocked by snow and the country is already in chaos, which means the trio has to fend for themselves as they walk through the snow to find a safe haven. They arrive in a deserted Armenian village in which they encounter the corpses of several soldiers. This is the only shelter they can find.

Read the rest here.

Re: Eve D�n�ş: Sarıkamış 1915 (The Long Way Home)

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
    A new Turkish film on the Battle of Sarikamish. The cinematographer is a Yerevan-born Armenian, who has been working on Turkish films since at least the early 2000s...
    If your into the turkish perspective , than this is the film for you .
    I find it a shame an Armenian ( any Armenian ) would lend there ability to produce such crap .
    By portraying the heartless murdering thieves as human beings is common tactic used by turks .
    There is no country that the turks , or their kin ( mongol , hun ) went to that they weren't HATED . None .
    This flick shows turks trying to get ?home? to ?western Anatolia? ( not anadolu ) . If the film informed they (mongoloids ) were trying to get to the place were they killed virtually all the indigenous people then an accurate discription would have been conveyed . But to depict Constantinople as " their home " ???
    They're mongoloids for crying out loud .
    No mention why " THE ARMENIAN " village was empty ??? Slick .
    A film exclusively from a hybrid turk fraudulent point of view .
    Propaganda , plain and simple .
    To bad an Armenian helped . What a shame , what a scam .
    Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
      I find it a shame an Armenian ( any Armenian ) would lend there ability to produce such crap .
      By portraying the heartless murdering thieves as human beings is common tactic used by turks .
      There is no country that the turks , or their kin ( mongol , hun ) went to that they weren't HATED . None .
      This flick shows turks trying to get ?home? to ?western Anatolia? ( not anadolu ) . If the film informed they (mongoloids ) were trying to get to the place were they killed virtually all the indigenous people then an accurate discription would have been conveyed . But to depict Constantinople as " their home " ???
      Artashes
      Forgot to say --- to bad the film didn't show the one and only Armenian left in the village when the simi hominoids got to the village and that the Armenian survivor watched his friends and family be murdered and the lone Armenian survivor had a .45 loaded and the lone Armenians survivor utilizing .45 slugs as they were made to be used .
      turk skulls getting blasting , now there's a good movie .
      Artashes

Comment

Forgot to say --- to bad the film didn't show the one and only Armenian left in the village when the simi hominoids got to the village and that the Armenian survivor watched his friends and family be murdered and the lone Armenian survivor had a .45 loaded and the lone Armenians survivor utilizing .45 slugs as they were made to be used .
        turk skulls getting blasting , now there's a good movie .
        Artashes
        Artashes - if you "forget to say" something in a post, all you need to do is just edit your post in order to say it! You do not need to make another new post to say it. Your constant quoting of your own posts is not needed.

Aside from that, how can you spew out such specific hatred about a film you have not seen? For example, yes, nobody called anything "eastern Anatolia" or "Istanbul" back in 1915, but you have no idea if the film does use those terms, actually placing it in the mouths of its characters, or if it is just the stupid use of them by the lazy writer of this review of the film.
        Last edited by bell-the-cat; 03-12-2013, 11:43 AM.
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Artashes
          Re reading the review of this turk garbage film which tries to portray the hybrid turk as something other than the murdering thieves they are , I find this ---
          --- " puts them ( turks ) in a situation that tests their ?morality? and ?human dignity? ???
          Morality , human dignity , and turk do not belong in the same sentence .
          This film is turk propaganda .
          The long way home should have shown the butcher simi hominoids heading back to the Altai region .
          Artashes

Comment

Re: Eve Dönüş: Sarıkamış 1915 (The Long Way Home)

You are still quoting yourself, Artashes! And you are still trying to talk about a film you have not seen.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
              You are still quoting yourself, Artashes! And you are still trying to talk about a film you have not seen.
              My comment about the propaganda turk film is based on the review posted . Have you seen the film ?
              The points you bring up have no effect on the primary points I made , none .
              Whether I use " reply with quote " or " edit post " the effect is the same . A clear , easily digested reference is made . Never the less , thanks for computer help , always appreciated .
              The grossly heartless and TORTUOUS treatment exhibited by the turk are both well documented and (NOT) isolated occurrences.
              You are having trouble discerning where my HATRED is coming from ?
              I am an Armenian , my hatred is well founded , well documented and just ( as in justice ) .
              You got your friends and I got mine .
              Artashes

Comment

My comment about the propaganda turk film is based on the review posted . Have you seen the film ?
                The points you bring up have no effect on the primary points I made , none .
                Whether I use " reply with quote " or " edit post " the effect is the same . A clear , easily digested reference is made . Never the less , thanks for computer help , always appreciated .
                The grossly heartless and TORTUOUS treatment exhibited by the turk are both well documented and (NOT) isolated occurrences.
                You are having trouble discerning where my HATRED is coming from ?
                I am an Armenian , my hatred is well founded , well documented and just ( as in justice ) .
                You got your friends and I got mine .
                Artashes
                I have not seen the film, and so I am not talking about something I have not seen. I have however seen some dreadful examples of the type of Turkish "patriotic film" the critic condemns. So the film could still have serious flaws and still be a massive and praisworthy improvement over the typical Turkish-made "history" film. However, I suspect it is not a film about an historical event at all, but just a film that is set in the past to provide a convenient backdrop - for example, why would an Ottoman bureaucrat be travelling through Russian territory in January 1915.

But you have been making some quite specific accusations about a film you have not seen a single frame of.

Really, it's a bit like as if you had spotted a packet of rasins with country of origin marked "Turkey" and started shouting "propaganda, lies, they are not rasins, they are garbage, they will poison you, they are grown by heartless Mongoloids without morality or human dignity". Saying "my hatred is well founded and just" isn't going to stop you appearing to be some sort of madman! If your hatred is well founded and just, then you should direct it only at things you KNOW FOR CERTAIN deserve it.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                  I have not seen the film, and so I am not talking about something I have not seen. I have however seen some dreadful examples of the type of Turkish "patriotic film" the critic condemns. So the film could still have serious flaws and still be a massive and praisworthy improvement over the typical Turkish-made "history" film. However, I suspect it is not a film about an historical event at all, but just a film that is set in the past to provide a convenient backdrop - for example, why would an Ottoman bureaucrat be travelling through Russian territory in January 1915.

But you have been making some quite specific accusations about a film you have not seen a single frame of.

Really, it's a bit like as if you had spotted a packet of rasins with country of origin marked "Turkey" and started shouting "propaganda, lies, they are not rasins, they are garbage, they will poison you, they are grown by heartless Mongoloids without morality or human dignity". Saying "my hatred is well founded and just" isn't going to stop you appearing to be some sort of madman! If your hatred is well founded and just, then you should direct it only at things you KNOW FOR CERTAIN deserve it.
                  The review of this turk propaganda film describes a number of scenes as well as the gist of the movie .
                  Your analogy of my comments does not reflect the points I made about the film at all .
                  It's a fkn Turk film to display " turk humanity " . Don't care how well acted or how good the cinema photography is .
                  Unarmed people hiding in closets *** getting their eyes gauged out ***
                  Pregnant women ( unarmed ) getting bayonet in stomach ****
                  All Armenian soldiers murdered ****
                  And on , and on , and on , and on , and on , and on , and on ,and on .............
                  And we gotta film showing --- turk humanity ?????? -----
                  The film is turk garbage propaganda , nothing more .
                  Artashes
                  Last edited by Artashes; 03-12-2013, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Bells words --- really its a bit like spotting a box of raisens ---
                    No , it's not like that at all .
                    That's the kind of distorted evaluation I'd expect from a turk or American politician or a brit .
                    No merit to it .
                    A diversion that had no connection with the points I made ( valid points ) .

Comment

Working...
                    X