Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Russians will manage, what they do best: turn their friends into enemies....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Russians will manage, what they do best: turn their friends into enemies....

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
    I am surprised you are asking that question.
    International banks make ( a lot of) money by financing different governments and regimes without any scruples.
    If war breaks out nothing in this relationship changes, except make more money.
    Hitler was financed by US bankers, the name of the grand father of President Bush (junior) stands out.
    When war broke out this relationship was not abandoned as long as money could be made.
    Who won the war did not matter because assets could still be got after the war in exchange for the loans ( maybe even cheaper).

Incidentally the (financial) relationship between Bin Laden and President Bush well after 9/11 is documented.

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...secondworldwar

I am surprised by your response...
    I specially mentioned "VITAL/EXISTENTIAL INTERESTS of the UK"......
    I may know slightly more than you may think about US /Reich trade than you may think.... beginning from Du Pont de Nemours/Bush/Kennedy father.... to Mr Lindberg.
    But as I first said, the comparison was odd.
    But assuming we do compare:
    If we do have to, then what the US did to the UK would be translated in our situation by Russia selling knives, or at worst some rubber tires to Baku.....

Or else, on the other versus, If we have to compare what the Russians did ore doing to us, to UK/US, then it will be like the US selling 30.000 flighing fortresses to Hitler, while giving 100 WWI era biplanes to the UK, or else, the US forcing the UK to give the Kent and Sussex to the III Reich....., Scotland to Austria....

Did something like that ever happened???

Comment

• Re: Russians will manage, what they do best: turn their friends into enemies....

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post
      I am surprised by your response...
      I specially mentioned "VITAL/EXISTENTIAL INTERESTS of the UK"......
      I may know slightly more than you may think about US /Reich trade than you may think.... beginning from Du Pont de Nemours/Bush/Kennedy father.... to Mr Lindberg.
      But as I first said, the comparison was odd.
      But assuming we do compare:
      If we do have to, then what the US did to the UK would be translated in our situation by Russia selling knives, or at worst some rubber tires to Baku.....

Or else, on the other versus, If we have to compare what the Russians did ore doing to us, to UK/US, then it will be like the US selling 30.000 flighing fortresses to Hitler, while giving 100 WWI era biplanes to the UK, or else, the US forcing the UK to give the Kent and Sussex to the III Reich....., Scotland to Austria....

Did something like that ever happened???
      -------
      Of course Austria was part of the reich, but to compare the incoparable, that's what I think of to compare Turkey/Azerbaijan identity...
      Of course, I forgot to mention Wales to Mussolini.....

Yet again, to compare the arms, I used as comparison the strategic value of what 30 K B 17 would have represented to the 5 billion arms shipment to Baku, compared to the rusting oldies we are getting for WWI Airomarine Flying Boat trainers....

As you need references, let me dare theese...

Page details technical specifications, development, and operational history of the Aeromarine 40 including pictures.

------

Once again, I do addmitt this comparison is odd and senseless, but I assume your logic

Comment

-------
        Of course Austria was part of the reich, but to compare the incoparable, that's what I think of to compare Turkey/Azerbaijan identity...
        Of course, I forgot to mention Wales to Mussolini.....

Yet again, to compare the arms, I used as comparison the strategic value of what 30 K B 17 would have represented to the 5 billion arms shipment to Baku, compared to the rusting oldies we are getting for WWI Airomarine Flying Boat trainers....

As you need references, let me dare theese...

Page details technical specifications, development, and operational history of the Aeromarine 40 including pictures.

------

Once again, I do addmitt this comparison is odd and senseless, but I assume your logic

I think you have been brainwashed that the West is good and Russia is bad.

Its evident the way you are nit-picking the issues.

The fact is where there is war or even tense conflict there is money to be made.

To the merchants of death money is more desirable than peace and lives.

Probing to see who is has moral high ground is an oxymoronic endeavour.

I will give you another example, the Arab Israeli conflict.

The US has supplied both sides for nearly 50 years or more.
        Very skilfully without allowing a war to occur but successfully milking the Arab world of their finances.

In fact no war occurred while the US was supplying both sides.

War did happen when Russia was supplying one side and the US the other side.

I am upset that Russia is supplying arms to Azerbaijan.
        However I will start worrying when a country other than Russia supplies arms to Azerbaijan.
        I have in mind wholesale like the Russians did to the Egyptians.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
        Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
        Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

I think you have been brainwashed that the West is good and Russia is bad.

Its evident the way you are nit-picking the issues.

The fact is where there is war or even tense conflict there is money to be made.

To the merchants of death money is more desirable than peace and lives.

Probing to see who is has moral high ground is an oxymoronic endeavour.

I will give you another example, the Arab Israeli conflict.

The US has supplied both sides for nearly 50 years or more.
          Very skilfully without allowing a war to occur but successfully milking the Arab world of their finances.

In fact no war occurred while the US was supplying both sides.

War did happen when Russia was supplying one side and the US the other side.

I am upset that Russia is supplying arms to Azerbaijan.
          However I will start worrying when a country other than Russia supplies arms to Azerbaijan.
          I have in mind wholesale like the Russians did to the Egyptians.

1- Thank you for the brainwash my Dear.
          I now wait for any of my statements saying West, or any other party is good....???

2- Once again, in place of admitting the odd in your extraordinary comparison, you bring an other one, more 'khelki mod'. So lets assume your new comparison :
          - The US never sold anything slightly dangerous to its strategic ally to anyone. If not, please feel free to disclose novelties for me.
          - The US did not sell, even slightly similar stratetgic equipment, to anyone in the whole ME. Nor Nuclear arms, nor civil nuclear technology (no one, even Israely ally Turkey was not provided this technology by the US in the whole ME).
          - The US did not sell anything High Tech, last generation, apart might be to Turkey, again in the ME. (Drones, F35, long range ballistic....)
          - The US does not sell , at least officially, even "knives", to anyone, remotedly dangerous for its strategic ally.
          - The only states that did receive anything by far harmless technology, are the ones who are in fact peacefull, or allied to Israel. (Gulf states, Egypt, Jordan)

.... do I need to elaborate more?

Comment

«Եթե պատերազմ լինի, Ռուսաստանը կկորցնի և մեր երկիրը, և Ադրբեջանը» (տեսանյութ)
            Սեպտեմբեր 11,2015
            Պատերազմն ինչ ընթացք էլ որ ունենա, Ռուսաստանը կկորցնի Հայաստանը, նաև ռազմակայանը մեր երկրի տարածքում, որովհետև այլևս կարիքը չենք...

Վերջին տարիներին ադրբեջանական բանակի սպառազինությունը որակապես փոխվում է։ «Ադրբեջանն ավելացնում է զենքի գնումը, և այժմ արդեն հրետանի են կիրառում։ Սա մտահոգիչ է։ Սակայն պետք է նշեմ, որ ռազմատեխնիկական բալանսը պահպանվում է»,-կարծում է քաղաքագետ Սերգեյ Մինասյանը։ Թեև Ադրբեջանը դեռ 90-ականներից ավելի մեծ քանակի զենք է ստացել Ռուսաստանից, քան Հայաստանը, սակայն ներկայումս մեր երկրին ռուսական կողմն արտոնյալ պայմաններով է ռազմական տեխնիկա վաճառում։

Քաղաքագետը շեշտեց, որ այս իրավիճակը լիովին ձեռնտու է Ռուսաստանին, քանի որ այս կերպ նա կարողանում է ազդեցությունը պահպանել երկու երկրների վրա։

Հարցին, թե Ռուսաստանը նույն կերպ շարունակելո՞ւ է իրեն դրսևորել հնարավոր պատերազմի դեպքում, պարոն Մինասյանն ասաց. «Այդ դեպքում Ռուսաստանը նախ ի վիճակի չի լինի խուսափել ներգրավվածությունից։ Իսկ եթե որոշի խուսափել, դա իր համար կունենա լուրջ աշխարհաքաղաքական գին։ Քանի որ այնտեղ շատ լավ հասկանում են, որ ռուսական ռազմակայանը, որը ենթադրում է հայաստանյան սահմանների պաշտպանություն, մեր երկրի համար կարևոր է, քանի դեռ այն պաշտպանում է Թուրքիայի և Ադրբեջանի կողմից հնարավոր ոտնձգություններից»։

Իսկ եթե ռուսական կողմը դա չանի՞. «Պատերազմն ինչ ընթացք էլ որ ունենա, Ռուսաստանը կկորցնի Հայաստանը, նաև ռազմակայանը մեր երկրի տարածքում, որովհետև այլևս կարիքը չենք ունենա այդ ռազմական ներկայության։ Նրանք միշտ խուսափում են կտրուկ պատասխանից այն առումով, թե ինչ են անելու, բայց միշտ նշում են, որ անելու են ամեն ինչ, որպեսզի ռազմական գործողությունները չվերսկսվեն»,-եզրափակեց քաղաքագետը։

Comment

1- Thank you for the brainwash my Dear.
              I now wait for any of my statements saying West, or any other party is good....???

2- Once again, in place of admitting the odd in your extraordinary comparison, you bring an other one, more 'khelki mod'. So lets assume your new comparison :
              - The US never sold anything slightly dangerous to its strategic ally to anyone. If not, please feel free to disclose novelties for me.
              - The US did not sell, even slightly similar stratetgic equipment, to anyone in the whole ME. Nor Nuclear arms, nor civil nuclear technology (no one, even Israely ally Turkey was not provided this technology by the US in the whole ME).
              - The US did not sell anything High Tech, last generation, apart might be to Turkey, again in the ME. (Drones, F35, long range ballistic....)
              - The US does not sell , at least officially, even "knives", to anyone, remotedly dangerous for its strategic ally.
              - The only states that did receive anything by far harmless technology, are the ones who are in fact peacefull, or allied to Israel. (Gulf states, Egypt, Jordan)

.... do I need to elaborate more?
              I am afraid you are making too many selective points or are not aware of the facts.

The west and specifically the US has made huge amounts of weaponry sales to the Arab world.
              I am including Saudi Arabia and Egypt whose military forces are paid for by the US, including salaries and material.

They may not be dangerous at this point to Israel but Israel has raised concerns in the past.
              Who knows what regime change happens down the line.

However I mentioned in my earlier post that if the weapon supplier controls both clients it will do its utmost to avoid war,
              because as a result it could loose one if not both clients.

And I repeat the US has played this game for over 50 years very successfully.

Russia is doing the same having learned a few tricks.

Again for me alarm bells will ring when Armenia and Azerbaijan are being armed by different interests wholesale.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
              Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
              Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

«Եթե պատերազմ լինի, Ռուսաստանը կկորցնի և մեր երկիրը, և Ադրբեջանը» (տեսանյութ)
                Սեպտեմբեր 11,2015
                Պատերազմն ինչ ընթացք էլ որ ունենա, Ռուսաստանը կկորցնի Հայաստանը, նաև ռազմակայանը մեր երկրի տարածքում, որովհետև այլևս կարիքը չենք...

Վերջին տարիներին ադրբեջանական բանակի սպառազինությունը որակապես փոխվում է։ «Ադրբեջանն ավելացնում է զենքի գնումը, և այժմ արդեն հրետանի են կիրառում։ Սա մտահոգիչ է։ Սակայն պետք է նշեմ, որ ռազմատեխնիկական բալանսը պահպանվում է»,-կարծում է քաղաքագետ Սերգեյ Մինասյանը։ Թեև Ադրբեջանը դեռ 90-ականներից ավելի մեծ քանակի զենք է ստացել Ռուսաստանից, քան Հայաստանը, սակայն ներկայումս մեր երկրին ռուսական կողմն արտոնյալ պայմաններով է ռազմական տեխնիկա վաճառում։

Քաղաքագետը շեշտեց, որ այս իրավիճակը լիովին ձեռնտու է Ռուսաստանին, քանի որ այս կերպ նա կարողանում է ազդեցությունը պահպանել երկու երկրների վրա։

Հարցին, թե Ռուսաստանը նույն կերպ շարունակելո՞ւ է իրեն դրսևորել հնարավոր պատերազմի դեպքում, պարոն Մինասյանն ասաց. «Այդ դեպքում Ռուսաստանը նախ ի վիճակի չի լինի խուսափել ներգրավվածությունից։ Իսկ եթե որոշի խուսափել, դա իր համար կունենա լուրջ աշխարհաքաղաքական գին։ Քանի որ այնտեղ շատ լավ հասկանում են, որ ռուսական ռազմակայանը, որը ենթադրում է հայաստանյան սահմանների պաշտպանություն, մեր երկրի համար կարևոր է, քանի դեռ այն պաշտպանում է Թուրքիայի և Ադրբեջանի կողմից հնարավոր ոտնձգություններից»։

Իսկ եթե ռուսական կողմը դա չանի՞. «Պատերազմն ինչ ընթացք էլ որ ունենա, Ռուսաստանը կկորցնի Հայաստանը, նաև ռազմակայանը մեր երկրի տարածքում, որովհետև այլևս կարիքը չենք ունենա այդ ռազմական ներկայության։ Նրանք միշտ խուսափում են կտրուկ պատասխանից այն առումով, թե ինչ են անելու, բայց միշտ նշում են, որ անելու են ամեն ինչ, որպեսզի ռազմական գործողությունները չվերսկսվեն»,-եզրափակեց քաղաքագետը։

It is entirely true. If Russia signals strong support for Armenia, then it risks Azeri side into looking for alternative main supplies and supporter for them. At the same time Azerbaijan does not need Russia as much as we do. It has more choices and means to maneuver.
                Armenia on the other hand has just about no choice but to rely on Russia, as long as no other power has become so invested in this area other than Russia.
                Russians know that alarming or angering Armenia a great deal by consorting with Baku has almost no bad consequence unless the core purpose of Russo Armenian alliance is defeated, that is, loss of Artsakh or Turkish invasion of sorts.
                So that leaves a lot of room to play with Azerbaijan. Sell them whatever they want and generally close eyes on their "little military adventures against Armenia". As long as Azeris don't push things out of hand.
                For aliev clan, there can be no better partner than Russia, despite Azeri natural drive towards their kin turkey and to their business partners in west. This is because Alievs know that while Russia protects its friends in Baku and does not like government changes, the first western move after gaining big leverage in Azerbaijan would be to remove this clan from power in order to gain more economic leverage (less corruption).
                Last edited by Hakob; 09-14-2015, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                  It is entirely true. If Russia signals strong support for Armenia, then it risks Azeri side into looking for alternative main supplies and supporter for them. At the same time Azerbaijan does not need Russia as much as we do. It has more choices and means to maneuver.
                  Armenia on the other hand has just about no choice but to rely on Russia, as long as no other power has become so invested in this area other than Russia.
                  Russians know that alarming or angering Armenia a great deal by consorting with Baku has almost no bad consequence unless the core purpose of Russo Armenian alliance is defeated, that is, loss of Artsakh or Turkish invasion of sorts.
                  So that leaves a lot of room to play with Azerbaijan. Sell them whatever they want and generally close eyes on their "little military adventures against Armenia". As long as Azeris don't push things out of hand.
                  For aliev clan, there can be no better partner than Russia, despite Azeri natural drive towards their kin turkey and to their business partners in west. This is because Alievs know that while Russia protects its friends in Baku and does not like government changes, any western move would be to remove this clan from power in order to gain more economic leverage (less corruption).
                  Hakop jan i agree with your theory .

Comment

I am happy haykakan is not the only one here with a brain anymore. I really like the way you analyze realpolitic hagop. realpolitic is something Armenians dont get because we are a emotional people. You cant be emotional in politics, I learned this the hard way myself.

Originally posted by Hakob View Post
                    It is entirely true. If Russia signals strong support for Armenia, then it risks Azeri side into looking for alternative main supplies and supporter for them. At the same time Azerbaijan does not need Russia as much as we do. It has more choices and means to maneuver. Armenia on the other hand has just about no choice but to rely on Russia, as long as no other power has become so invested in this area other than Russia. Russians know that alarming or angering Armenia a great deal by consorting with Baku has almost no bad consequence unless the core purpose of Russo Armenian alliance is defeated, that is, loss of Artsakh or Turkish invasion of sorts. So that leaves a lot of room to play with Azerbaijan. Sell them whatever they want and generally close eyes on their "little military adventures against Armenia". As long as Azeris don't push things out of hand. For aliev clan, there can be no better partner than Russia, despite Azeri natural drive towards their kin turkey and to their business partners in west. This is because Alievs know that while Russia protects its friends in Baku and does not like government changes, the first western move after gaining big leverage in Azerbaijan would be to remove this clan from power in order to gain more economic leverage (less corruption).

Comment

I am afraid you are making too many selective points or are not aware of the facts.

The west and specifically the US has made huge amounts of weaponry sales to the Arab world.
                      I am including Saudi Arabia and Egypt whose military forces are paid for by the US, including salaries and material.

They may not be dangerous at this point to Israel but Israel has raised concerns in the past.
                      Who knows what regime change happens down the line.

However I mentioned in my earlier post that if the weapon supplier controls both clients it will do its utmost to avoid war,
                      because as a result it could loose one if not both clients.

And I repeat the US has played this game for over 50 years very successfully.

Russia is doing the same having learned a few tricks.

Again for me alarm bells will ring when Armenia and Azerbaijan are being armed by different interests wholesale.

Once again, let us be specific:
                      What specific arm type was given to any enemy of Israel, which might have slightly endangered the existence of Israel? Should I remind you that Russia is not selling to Kazakstan (to try to find equivalent of Saouds, now day 'ally' , but potential enemy??), but to one enemy who is actually firing on us everyday...
                      When?
                      Did Israel not have 10 times that type of armement, and much more modern?

Let us just know this... then we will discuss the rest.

The bias in your statement is: peace is not insured by balance, but by overwhelming disbalance of supplies to one and only one strategic ally, in a given configuration.
                      It's a bit different, isn't it?

Concerning Egypt. It's so obvious, I do not need to discuss.
                      Egypt received its first pistol, after flat capitulation, and forced alliance with Israel....
                      None of their F-16 can ever fly, without an OK from Jerusalem....

So be specific.
                      It doesn't hurt.
                      Prove your point , even on details, then your hypothesis might be credible.

Comment

Working...
                      X