Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Can We Trust the Bible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can We Trust the Bible?

Bible is the Holy Book of the Christian religion.

Therefore those who profess to be Christian must trust the Bible.

Armenians overall are a Christian Nation.

There is no argument within the Armenian Church establishment about the validity or trust we have in the Bible.

On many occasions its been said any Armenian who is other than Christian in his/her beliefs is “not an Armenian”.

Why the laconic question of the thread.

Why are you initiating and spreading doubts about the validity of the Bible in peoples mind.

OR, is this another marketing trick you picked at your marketing course?

Religion and specially Christianity should not be peddled in that manner. This is sacrilege.

Last edited by londontsi; 06-23-2013, 12:54 AM.
    Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
    Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
    Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post

Bible is the Holy Book of the Christian religion.

Therefore those who profess to be Christian must trust the Bible.

Armenians overall are a Christian Nation.

There is no argument within the Armenian Church establishment about the validity or trust we have in the Bible.

On many occasions its been said any Armenian who is other than Christian in his/her beliefs is �not an Armenian�.

Why the laconic question of the thread.

Why are you initiating and spreading doubts about the validity of the Bible in peoples mind.

OR, is this another marketing trick you picked at your marketing course?

Religion and specially Christianity should not be peddled in that manner. This is sacrilege.

There are many Atheist or Agnostic Armenians who believe that the Bible is nothing but a man made fairy tale invented for mass control. I've seen a lot of them here on this forum so I think it would be a good read for them.

There are also many professing Christian Armenians who see Christianity as more of a tradition and the Bible just another religious book written by man. I think it would be a good read for them.

There also many Armenian Christians who are constantly bombarded with anti-christian propaganda trying to discredit the validity of the Bible. i.e the Bible has been revised so man times so it can't be trusted etc etc... I think it would be a good read for them.

And than there are many Armenian Anti-christian "Christians" like yourself. Who hate Christians and the Bible and all Christianity stands for. Trying to suppress the truth you will attack me at every corner making some of the most ridicules claims. You're blinded by hate and fear. To you there is a Turk behind every bush.

You're not a Christian Sir. Your a lier and a instigator.

Please I'm asking you as your brother in humanity, consider what your doing. You will one day stand in the judgment seat of Jesus Christ. Your eternity is at stake. I'm not some self-righteous person like you accused me of being. I'm a sinner just like you. In fact, if it wasn't for the mercy and grace of my Lord Jesus I would be worse than you. I, like you, are in desperate need of a savior. No one will escape the wrath of God. Despite the fact that we hated God and rebelled against him, yet while we were still sinners, the Holy Son of God willingly came down into human existence in the person of Jesus and paid the penalty for the judgment me and you justly deserve. It is free gift by grace through faith. All you have to do is except it. There is nothing you can do to get right with God, no amount of good deeds will brush your past sins under the rug. God is a just judge. He will Not let the criminal get away with their crimes. He will Not be bribed by some so-called good works. For this reason, Christ came and died on the Cross for our sins, therefore, now God can and will legally forgive your sins because His Son paid for them on the cross. Only the blood of Jesus Christ will wash you clean and present you as holy (as He is Holy) to the Father. Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". (john 14:6)

Now the last paragraph I just wrote - to some - it will sound like none sense. But it makes perfect sense, and it is the teaching of the Bible. Well why should anyone believe the Bible, after all it was written by man and revised and it contradicts itself right? Nope. Hence the purpose of the original thread "Can We Trust the Bible?" I hope you read it and realize that yes we can as the Bible is in fact the infallible Word of God.

I hope you understand. God bless you.
      Last edited by Cory; 06-23-2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

If you are a Christian, then you believe in the Bible because it is GODs word & it's a tool of how to live your life
        Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

"No one comes to the Father except through me"
          Sounds like a monopoly.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

If you read it & understand it & study it then it will make sense to you.
            Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            "No one comes to the Father except through me"
            Sounds like a monopoly.

Comment

Can we trust ourselves?

Personally I think religion does more harm than good. Humans need to evolve past this b.s. and focus on making life better here on earth now than some imaginary valhalla in the future. When you are dead thats it. I think most of the atheists on this board would agree with me on that.

Comment

You are absolutely right, religion does more harm robertik1, but Christianity is not a religion
                Religion= man made rules
                Christianity=personal relationship with GOD

Comment

Originally posted by PepsiAddict View Post
                  If you are a Christian, then you believe in the Bible because it is GODs word & it's a tool of how to live your life
                  If you read it & understand it & study it then it will make sense to you.
                  Bible is not a tool as to how to live your life.

Bible is full of contradictions. It propagates many attitudes which are alien to us and generaly rejected by present day societies.

The proof of my statement is, the number of Christian religions that exist. Last quote I remember is more than 400 !!!
                  All quote the Bible as their source and inspiration (WHICH IS TRUE) yet disagree with each other, with accusations and claims that their version is "correct".

I will put forward references from the Bible to substantiate to points I made above.

However before that I would like to make a quotation from the Lord Jesus who said,

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfil them.

This was referring to the Old Testament. So any reference about the Bible has to mean both the Old and New Testament.

I have no intention to discredit the Bible but to highlight “guidance” from the Bible which most of us would find unacceptable.

Last edited by londontsi; 06-23-2013, 06:19 PM.
                  Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
                  Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
                  Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Re: Can we trust ourselves?

Originally posted by robertik1 View Post
                    Personally I think religion does more harm than good. Humans need to evolve past this b.s. and focus on making life better here on earth now than some imaginary valhalla in the future. When you are dead thats it. I think most of the atheists on this board would agree with me on that.
                    Religion is exactly the right word to describe naturalism. The entire philosophy is built on a faith-based premise. Its basic presupposition � a rejection of everything supernatural � requires a giant leap of faith. And nearly all its supporting theories must be taken by faith as well.

This is the Atheists dilemma, they say "we come from nothing and are going to become nothing, yet in between we have this great significance." It doesn't make sense at all.
                    Last edited by Cory; 06-23-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

You are absolutely right, religion does more harm robertik1, but Christianity is not a religion
                      Religion= man made rules
                      Christianity=personal relationship with GOD
                      Agreed. God bless you.

Comment

Working...
                      X