Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Eurasian Customs Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Eurasian Customs Union

Originally posted by Mher View Post
    Eurasian Union Opposes Armenian Car Tax

Sargis Harutyunyan
    Հրապարակված է՝ 08.02.2016

Armenia collects a 20 percent tax from cars imported from Russia and other members of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) in breach of trade rules set by the Russian-led bloc, a senior EEU official said on Monday.

Tatyana Valovaya of the Eurasian Economic Commission, the bloc’s Moscow-based executive body, said Yerevan should have abolished value-added tax (VAT) for such cars when it formally joined the EEU in January 2015.

“The [founding] EEU treaty stipulates that the member states cannot use non-tariff protectionist barriers against each other. Nevertheless, we detect such barriers quite often,” Valovaya told reporters in a video conference from Moscow.

“There was such a barrier [for EEU car imports] in Kazakhstan and it was eliminated,” she said. “We have now found a similar barrier in Armenia.”

The Armenian Finance Ministry declined to comment on Valovaya’s claim or explain why VAT is still applied to EEU car imports.

Under Armenian law, companies or private individuals have to pay VAT, in addition to a 10 percent import duty, when they import vehicles from non-EEU states. The Armenian customs service also levies an environmental tax from second-hand cars manufactured 5 or more years ago.

Poghos Oghlukian, a self-employed car importer, claimed that the environmental tax rate is set much higher for vehicles imported from EEU states than other parts of the world, notably neighboring Georgia. This, he said, means that he now has to pay virtually the same amount of taxes for 10-year-old cars purchased in Georgia and Russia.

“Why did we join that union?” Oghlukian told RFE/RL’s Armenian service (Azatutyun.am). “In order to make some things easier here. But as things stand now, I’m better off importing cars from Georgia than taking a much longer trip to Russia”

Tigran Hovannisian, the chairman of the Armenian Union of Car Importers, also complained against the continuing collection of VAT from cars manufactured in Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan. “It means they deceive us,” he said, referring to the Armenian government.

http://www.azatutyun.am/content/article/27539369.html
    This is purely political to increase exports from Russia, and to hit the Georgian re-exporters. (which I don't mind)
    It has been on year and they just woke up on this?
    I prefer keeping the tax. It's not the right time to cut inflows into the government's budget and to encourage imports into Armenia, which comes at the expense of outflow of hard currency.

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
      ^ Does anyone know if the law that has 0% tax on cars over 100k is still in effect in Armenia?
      100k as in miles on the car and not the value of a car.

Comment

I noticed the love affair for discounted Japanese cars being dumped in the Caucasus. Are they leftovers from the tsunami as in flooded cars? Do they glow in the dark?

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
          100k as in miles on the car and not the value of a car.
          $100k

Comment

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
            $100k
            That is a weird law if it is true. If they can afford over $100k cars they sure can pay taxes. I can imagine it is an oligarch special.

Comment

Originally posted by Azad View Post
              I noticed the love affair for discounted Japanese cars being dumped in the Caucasus. Are they leftovers from the tsunami as in flooded cars? Do they glow in the dark?
              Although I don't really know why, I can make a guess or two.
              Japan's strict air pollution / car qualification standard, leaves the country with large number of excellent cars & engines that are not allowed to operate in Japan.
              Gotta be savvy to operate in Japan to access. There has got to be a connect and someone from our side saw opportunity.
              If maintained all are good for minimum 200,000 miles, or more.
              Real deals to be had from Japan as far as car/truck/equipment goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                Although I don't really know why, I can make a guess or two.
                This will give you some idea

17,108 հայտարարություն: Այտեղ առաջարկվում են ավտոմեքենաներ, որոնք գտնվում են արտերկրում և կարող են ներմուծվել պատվերով:

Comment

Originally posted by armnuke View Post
                  In the EEU, customs is collected in one account and it's split between the member states according to their percentage annual share. If I'm not mistaken, Armenian's is 1.13% of the total pool.
                  In 2015, Russian imports dropped significantly, because of the low Ruble.
                  Also, Russia stopped importing foodstuffs from the EU, US, and other countries. Hence, import in Russia dropped significantly, which resulted in much less customs tax collected in the common account.
                  That's the main cause. This resulted a shrink in Armenia's budget for the first time since independence.
                  To cover the deficit, Armenia borrowed money.
                  I expect this number to be lower for 2016 (unless something changed), because the Ruble further depreciated already, and Russia imposed additional sanctions on goods imported from Turkey.
                  For example

Russia's Medicine Imports Fall by Third in 2015

Russia imported medicine worth $6.8 billion last year, down 32.7 percent compared to 2014, the Federal Customs Service said in a statement Friday.
                  The import of drugs to Russia from outside the former Soviet Union dropped 32.9 percent to $6.7 billion. Imports into Russia from CIS countries were worth $119 million, 21 percent less than in 2014, the statement said.
                  Meanwhile, the volume of antibiotics imported into Russia decreased by 2.6 percent in 2015 to $84.2 million, according to the Federal Customs Service.
                  In December, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree limiting state purchases of foreign-made drugs.
                  According to the decree — aimed at reducing reliance on Western goods — foreign companies are banned from participating in tenders if there are at least two entries from Russia or members of the Eurasian Economic Union.

Comment

In December, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree limiting state purchases of foreign-made drugs.
                    According to the decree — aimed at reducing reliance on Western goods —
                    No other country would do or say that, wow.
                    I agree though.......countries should always strive to be independent as much as possible.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Percentage decrease in Russian imports in 2015 from different countries including Armenia

Comment

Working...
                      X