Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Which Media outlet is allowed to read??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Media outlet is allowed to read??

Some here, decided and defend, the idea that any media financed by the West, or supposed to, is automatically irrelevant or slanderous, and automatically, any argument their pages may present, are irrelevant, since their pages are financed by the West...

I personally believe, that the question is not senseless, as long as the rule is for every argument/point of view.
    Why a Russian financed media is more credible, than a Western financed one??
    From an armenian point of view, I do not see the difference, unless I accept, that we are already willingly russians...

And even more, even if a media is financed by "Armenian" sources, it is important to see, what kind of armenian finances are there??

As my point of view: Discuss and counter the arguments, the thesis, the facts that are present in every single article posted (CONTENT), rather than slander it using doubtful demonstrations based on the Media it is published in, and ONLY that (CONTAINER) seems not accepted, I propose every such bright mind the following in this thread:

1°/ Propose your 'Trust Worthy' source of Information (CONTAINER), not forgetting to mention its financial sources.

2°/ If you were a genuine Armenian Nationalist/Patriot, and you were against the policy of your government, considering its policy counter to the National Interests: IN WICH MEDIA WOULD YOU PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE?
    i.e: Would that Media publish You???
    Last edited by Vrej1915; 01-10-2014, 07:42 PM.

Re: Which Media outlet is allowed to read??

Originally posted by Vrej1915 View Post

And even more, even if a media is financed by "Armenian" sources, it is important to see, what kind of armenian finances are there??
    excellent points

Comment

"From an armenian point of view, I do not see the difference, "
      Then why do you quote nothing but Lragir propaganda?
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        "From an armenian point of view, I do not see the difference, "
        Then why do you quote nothing but Lragir propaganda?
        Dear,
        Why shouldn't I ???

I guess, as always, you never read the posts to their end............, or do not understand what you read?
        Or else, my english is as bad, as your armenian

1°/ Propose your 'Trust Worthy' source of Information (CONTAINER), not forgetting to mention its financial sources.

2°/ If you were a genuine Armenian Nationalist/Patriot, and you were against the policy of your government, considering its policy counter to the National Interests: IN WICH MEDIA WOULD YOU PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE? i.e: Would that Media publish You???

You do not like Lragir.
        Perfect!
        Then go on, end up reading the post, and for once, try to answer to the points, not turn again the same old disc time and time again......
        Last edited by Vrej1915; 01-10-2014, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I normally try to read from all sources, even ones I don't trust, and then come up with my own conclusion.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
            I normally try to read from all sources, even ones I don't trust, and then come up with my own conclusion.
            Of course, that's what makes sense most..... , but You are not one of the "censors".
            I would like to have their sources and arguments for....

Comment

Some here, decided and defend, the idea that any media financed by the West, or supposed to, is automatically irrelevant or slanderous, and automatically, any argument their pages may present, are irrelevant, since their pages are financed by the West...

I personally believe, that the question is not senseless, as long as the rule is for every argument/point of view.
              From an armenian point of view, I do not see the difference, unless I accept, that we are already willingly russians...

As my point of view: Discuss and counter the arguments, the thesis, the facts that are present in every single article posted (CONTENT), rather than slander it using doubtful demonstrations based on the Media it is published in, and ONLY that (CONTAINER) seems not accepted, I propose every such bright mind the following in this thread:

1°/ Propose you 'Trust Worthy' source of Information (CONTAINER), not forgetting to mention its financial sources.

2°/ If you were a genuine Armenian Nationalist/Patriot, and you were against the policy of your government, considering its policy counter to the National Interests: IN WICH MEDIA WOULD YOU PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE? i.e: Would that Media publish You???
              If they don't like your point of view the easiest way to discredit you is to attack your source....I see this all over the internet.
              Vrej you should not let that discourage you.

With that said all media are biased to certain degree be it their protocols, sponsors, ratings, etc......they also make alot of mistakes on dates, names, type of aircraft or weapon...

I am glad that Hyclub news here is being covered more balanced by the members compared to say 5 years ago when it was all pro Russian.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                If they don't like your point of view the easiest way to discredit you is to attack your source....I see this all over the internet.
                Vrej you should not let that discourage you.

With that said all media are biased to certain degree be it their protocols, sponsors, ratings, etc......they also make alot of mistakes on dates, names, type of aircraft or weapon...

I am glad that Hyclub news here is being covered more balanced by the members compared to say 5 years ago when it was all pro Russian.
                Agree 100%
                A perfectly independent Media is out of our reach, if ever possible.
                That would imply a sufficient reader/consumer basis, solvable, and willing to pay for their everyday paper + no parallel, unofficial pressure by state structures, and oligarkhic paramilitary threats, etc....
                We will never have it, and I'm first to deplore, in our foreseeable future.

Remains the policy of large spectrum, as much as you can afford, and picking articles containing worthy points.

The supposition that a poster must agree 100% of each of his quoted post (articles) on the internet is so absurd, I can not even argue on.... that would basically mean, that the poster is the journalist himself!
                I assume, anybody has the right to post not only friendly, but certainly hostile articles too.
                If not how are we supposed to be informed on the enemy's point of view?

Concerning the Media/containers, I repeat my first mentioned 2 questions, for anybody countering this view.
                Last edited by Vrej1915; 01-11-2014, 01:31 PM.

Comment

1�/ Propose you 'Trust Worthy' source of Information (CONTAINER), not forgetting to mention its financial sources.

2�/ If you were a genuine Armenian Nationalist/Patriot, and you were against the policy of your government, considering its policy counter to the National Interests: IN WICH MEDIA WOULD YOU PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE? i.e: Would that Media publish You???
                  Yes, your post makes sense.
                  As I scrutinize Lragir, I see a distinct one sided, highly slanted point of view. This clearly slanted point of view (IMO) and the way it is presented, reminds me of fox news in the USA.
                  Having said that, I still agree with you (Vrej) that the alternative choices are also questionable insofar as their unbiased claims are no less suspect than Lragir.
                  When you (Vrej) present sources in Armenian script, I find these sources do not always offer an English translation, so cannot comment at all as to their veracity.
                  I cannot find a single major news source in the USA or western media that attempts to be unbiased. They all seem to be propaganda machines and nothing more.
                  It is not that I think the Russians are saints in their dealings with us, but rather my clear understanding of the intent of USA/west with regards to further their interests at Armenia's expense.
                  My opinion is the west decided quite some time ago to sell us out. We don't count at all.
                  That does not mean I think Russia truly cares for us. In fact I agree with you (Vrej) in your concern about the relationship we have with Russia.
                  My point is --- we really don't have many (or any) viable options.
                  I clearly say, I think we have more chance to regain our true independence by choosing Russia over the FATAL cancer that is the Anglo/us schmuck and jive.
                  I don't see any media outlet from best known sources as unbiased, straight forward, honest depiction of what's happening.
                  Your boots on the ground comments are more prized by me than all the others.
                  Thanks for your input Vrej.
                  Artashes

Comment

2°/ If you were a genuine Armenian Nationalist/Patriot, and you were against the policy of your government, considering its policy counter to the National Interests: IN WICH MEDIA WOULD YOU PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE?
                    i.e: Would that Media publish You???
                    My dear, the criticism is about consistently spreading propaganda tru sponsored media instead of discussions in a forum, where public has come to find some true facts with members input and true discussions and debates. Especially when that media is publishing the facts twisted and is meant by it's publishers to spread despair among population and instigating public unrest at any cost, not serving the true opposition but just to satisfy it's sponsors. And that goes to any media and publishing, be it pro west or proeast.
                    You have been posting "lragir's articles and defending them at any cost when some of that articles are nothing more than low level, untruthfull and biased, fabricated propaganda, starting and ending with "sold out government", "inept intelligencia", "usurped independence" and such. Designed to "condition and controll" minds, rather than healthy political conversation.
                    Should we go back to posts #878-886 in "is russia an ally or foe nowadays" thread, in which igor mouradian was trying to implant an idea in public "memory" that there has been a russian invasion early in Artsakh war and in his way was accusing and discrediting whole Armenian "intelligensia", military and most freedom fighters of being part of conspiracy by not "condemning" that subject for 20+ years?
                    Should we go back to post #905 in same thread, where Naira Hayrumian was mocking whole Armenian population of being in between russia's legs doing you know what, just because public did not protest putin's visit the way "laragir" and sponsors would have liked? (this anger towards Armenian public was essentially because display of lack of support and probably evidence of bad job by "lragir" and inc. in eyes of sponsors).
                    Or the posts #994-995 of the same thread where I showed that "lragir' gave more biased anti Armenian reporting than azeri media, about nursultan nazarbayev's conduct?
                    You admit yourself that lragir is financed by west. That financing is enough for it not to be part of Armenia's national opposition, but serving foreign interests. This goes to any media.
                    But there is something more important than this all. It's about the state that our national opposition is, because of foreign financed medias and activists, that dilute public support and trust in opposition in general and strengthen governments hand.
                    I will bring some samples as to how paid activists and media have actually damaged true opposition in armenia.

Here in a protest rally, few gey rights acivists with gey flags are trying to embed themselfs with Azadamardiks in order to be seen by their sponsors as doing their job and having public support. Watch Female Azadamardik Susanna Margarian's reaction. Would paid for gender activists care much about what the azadamardiks were protesting for really or they were just after their paycheck by oversieas sponsors? They just discredit in people's eyes this particular azadamardik protest with their narrow interest display.

Here is another clip of Vardges Gaspari earning his paycheck from sponsors. Watch how he does it and keeps glancing to camera to make sure he is being filmed. How else to prove sponsors that he is doing good job for his employers?

This is how sponsored opposition kills our fight. This is how a sponsored media publishing kills our debates.

Here is another link to a commentary about sponsored activism. Though this guy is an extreme and alcoholik, but the points are true about sponsored opposition in web. It is in Armenian and allmost impossible to translate. I wish he could write in english too.
                    http://vahramsahakian.com/?p=3301

Vrej, about your consistent "lragir" postings, are they to fill out the tabs for the sponsors approval or for thrue patriotic ideas?
                    Becase more than once I have invited you to start posting and discussing with your own words and ideas so we could have a true conversation about and opposing the corrupt government but you just start and end everything with "lragir".
                    A true patriot does not start his/her day by "My government is none existant", "My government has been usurped", "Our intelligentsia is sold out", "this side is my enemy and this side is my idoll" "my government is giving up Artsakh".
                    There has to be true unbiased discussion about all the sides and whatever is beneficial for the country. There cannot be a sponsored patriotism.
                    Maybe you guys would think that I am crazy, for the next statement I am going to make, but for me, our oligarkhs are sponsored by our country(by robbing national resources, the way the oligarkhs exist). But the ones like "lragir" and all the other foreign sponsoreds from both sides are feeding off from someone elses hand that are not friends to my nation. As crazy as this idea is, but maybe first we should get rid of all the kinds of "sponsored" political entities in order to build a country?
                    And it is time for you, Vrej, to drop "lragir" alone and come forward, so we can discuss real matters. Not daily sensations about how our government is "trying to sell Armenia or give up Artsakh".
                    If anybody wants a better future for Armenia, He/she must have an ideal as to what it shall be. Not to become mired in twisted or half thruths because of some who scream lauder and more radical because they are paid more for sertain things a and less for some other.
                    Last edited by Hakob; 01-11-2014, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X