Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Sochi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sochi

Sergey Mikayelyan finished 46th out of 68 in the Men's 30km skiathlon while Arthur Yeghoyan finished 63rd in the same competition.

Mikayelyan did poorly in the classical, finishing 51st, but did well in the freestyle, finishing 39th.
    Yeghoyan was consistent finishing 63rd in both classical and freestyle.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Great display of art and physical skill in the ice skating couples event. The Russian pair scored yet again the highest score ever awarded for their event (amazing) with the Germans taking silver. The legendary Shawn White missed the podium finishing 4th with a Russian kid representing Switzerland taking the gold and a 15 year old Japanese kid taking the silver in the half-pipe.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

OLYMPICS: ASADA DEPARTS FOR ARMENIA TRAINING BASE

Japan Economic Newswire
        February 10, 2014 Monday 10:24 AM GMT

SOCHI, Russia, Feb. 10

SOCHI, Russia, Feb. 10 - Mao Asada left Sochi on Monday to prepare for
        the women's figure skating competition at the Japan team's training
        base in the Armenian capital of Yerevan.

"My body is weak, so I want to get back into competitive shape,"
        she said a day after Japan finished fifth in the Olympics' first team
        figure skating competition.

Asada is expected to train for a week at the base Japan has prepared
        in Yerevan before returning to Sochi. The Vancouver Games' silver
        medalist was third in the women's short program during the team
        competition after she fell on her opening triple axel.

"It was a mental issue," she said. "I want to focus on my performance."

In the singles competition, she will face competition from not only
        her longtime rival Kim Yu Na of South Korea, but also from Russian
        Julia Lipnitskaia. In the team competition, the dynamic 15-year-old
        Lipnitskaia was first in both the women's short program and the
        free skate.

"My target," Asada said, "is to execute a satisfactory performance
        in my final Olympic Games."

Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

ARMENIAN MUSIC TO BE PERFORMED AT SOCHI OLYMPICS

14:43 11.02.2014

Armenian music, duduk, Olympic Games in Sochi

Sona Hakobyan
          Public Radio of Armenia

Armenian music will play at Sochi Olympics. Famous Armenian duduk
          player Gevorg Dabaghyan has been invited to participate in the 7th
          International Winter Music Festival in Sochi. The event, which takes
          place from February 6 to 20, has been organized by renowned Russian
          musician Yuri Bashmet.

Gevorg Dabaghyan first played with Bashmet in Italy, where the two
          performed a work by Vache Sharafyan. The second meeting took place at
          the Moscow Conservatory. The acquaintance has grown into friendship
          over the past seven years.

In Sochi the two musicians will play a 15-minute composition based
          on the works by Vache Sharafyan and Komitas.

Speaking to Public Radio of Armenia, Gevorg Dabaghyan said he believes
          participation in this large-scale event is a good opportunity to cheer
          our athletes and present the Armenian music to guests from different
          parts of the world.

"The secret of attractiveness of duduk lies in it simplicity and
          frankness, it needs no additional decorations," Dabaghyan said. "There
          is also Armenian spiritual kindness and honesty in duduk," he added.

The 22nd Winter Olympic Games take place in Sochi, Russia, from
          February 7-23.
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Katya Galstyan finished 64th out of 76 in Women's 10km classical.

Sergey Mikayelyan finished 46th out of 92 while Arthur Yeghoyan DNS.

All we have left are the Men's giant slalom on the 19th and the slalom on the 22nd by Arman Serebrakian and the men's 50km freestyle on the 23rd with Sergey Mikayelyan and Arthur Yeghoyan.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

This quote by you is beyond ridiculous bro. Damn whats wrong with armos here? A BRAND NEW MODERN CITY WITH MANY MODERN FACILITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE was build with that money. Were you there to see what you talking about or are you basing your mind on what you saw on CNN? Cost overuns? You serious? Bro do you realize that the white house spent over trillions dollars on one single airplane that cant fly without breaking down and four trillions of dollars on the war in Afghanistan and Iraq that it cant win? What project on the Sochi scale finishes on time or in budget? Russian money was very smartly spent and future generations will sing Putins praise for having world class facilities to train in and for vacationers to stay in. Sochi is what nationalistic investment is about. Russians did a excellent job and what a wonderful olympics this has been to watch.

All of a sudden you and the always whining "Amerikahay" Tomservo care about Circassians? You serious? You mean you care about those who would not think 2 times before they cut your throat? THANK GOD Russians got rid of them. I wish they also got rid of Chechens and Tatars. What is wrong with you people? You guys are tipical victims of Western propaganda, you are brainwashed but you dont even know it. And I thought you were one of the older smart ones here LOL

Originally posted by Mher View Post
              I think the amount spent on the games is beyond ridiculous. Managing to outspend any previous Olympics and going more than four times your announced budget is too much. Doing things like this, something that our neighbors to the east specialize in, just opens the door for ridicule. The most ridiculous part is not the money wasted or the problems that arise despite the spending; It's the way your perceived by the outside world when you try to spend your way into status and dignity, like someone desperately trying to hide their insecurities, like some hillbilly who just won the lottery. Again Azerbaijan comes to mind in oh so many ways. It reminds me of some feudal time with the masses starving while the nobility spend everything to one each other up on some obscure measure. This money could have spend so much better. On infrastructure rather than these white elephants. Having said that, some mentions of the Circassian issue would have been good to hear. But as usual American media is too busy smelling up Britneys and Biebers ass to pay attention to actual issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
                All of a sudden you and the always whining "Amerikahay" Tomservo care about Circassians? You serious? You mean you care about those who would not think 2 times before they cut your throat? THANK GOD Russians got rid of them. I wish they also got rid of Chechens and Tatars. What is wrong with you people? You guys are tipical victims of Western propaganda, you are brainwashed but you dont even know it. And I thought you were one of the older smart ones here LOL
                Scratch the surface skin off an Armenian "nationalist" and you quickly find underneath what looks exactly like a Turk fascist. Maybe that's why they both hate each other so much and need each other so much.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
                  This quote by you is beyond ridiculous bro. Damn whats wrong with armos here? A BRAND NEW MODERN CITY WITH MANY MODERN FACILITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE was build with that money. Were you there to see what you talking about or are you basing your mind on what you saw on CNN? Cost overuns? You serious? Bro do you realize that the white house spent over trillions dollars on one single airplane that cant fly without breaking down and four trillions of dollars on the war in Afghanistan and Iraq that it cant win? What project on the Sochi scale finishes on time or in budget? Russian money was very smartly spent and future generations will sing Putins praise for having world class facilities to train in and for vacationers to stay in. Sochi is what nationalistic investment is about. Russians did a excellent job and what a wonderful olympics this has been to watch.

lol aper only you are able to make me respect the views of bell
                  Maybe we should have a contest and see how many of the following you use in your argument: http://www.buzzfeed.com/kevintang/ch...r-bs-arguments immediately, number 2 comes to mind. America having wasted money on a war had nothing to do with this. I don't understand why that's your fallback point regardless of what the issue being debated is.. Whether America wasted money or not has nothing to do with the fact that money was wasted in Sochi.

Was I there to see it? No, but I also wasn't there 10,000 years ago, but I have the good sense to trust scientists and evolution over the beliefs of bible thumping rednecks and creationism, in the same manner I have the good sense to trust respected journalists from a plethora of sources. lol Putin knows? ya he knows what its like to feed his fat friends. I don't get my news just from CNN, i get it from every news site, and from every basic principle of construction which clearly shows they built things that could have been built with a fraction of the cost, anywhere in the world, no matter what riseofrussia brainwashed logic you try to use on me.

The level of hypocrisy and logical fallacy in everything you have to say in mind blowing. No I don't suddenly care about Circassians and Chechens. I've always cared. I don't understand how you differentiate the genocide and expulsion of a voiceless people with that of the Armenians. I don't care what islamic brainwashing has done to them in their desperate attempt to have their own homeland. It's not Western propaganda, if anything its the Iranian propaganda I grew up with that enables to see the struggle of people like them and Palestinians who just want to have a country to call their own. It's unbelievable to me that you cheer on the Genocide of other people while simultaneously crying about the Armenian Genocide.
                  Last edited by Mher; 02-17-2014, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Serjik is right about the olympics being a good investment. Sochi was not much of a city but now it has modern facilities which will be used long after this event is forgotten. Yes this is investing in ones country and it is a good investment. We in Michigan invested in good ice rinks and just look at how many of these skaters train in Michigan now. I do not know much about the history of the Sochi region but any genocide is a horrible crime in my book. The western media has been mostly terrible in their coverage of these games and always tries to cast Russia in a negative way..nothing new there but Russia just laughs it off like it should. Tom is a typical western media mouthpiece..who never misses the chance to put down Russia and Armenia but like when was the last time you heard him say anything about the American indians or the Palastinians or....he is like watching cnn or snbc or cbs or fox news or...one sided, biased, misleading,... God forbid we should talk about the sporting events going on in the olympics in a thread under the sports section no lets talk genocide and do more Russia bashing...pretty sick stuff but hey some people are hardwired to be sick and nothing else.
                    In case anyone is interested in the actual sporting events...there were great performances in ice dancing today with new personal and all time high scores being set. Ok now you can resume your hatemongering
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                      Serjik is right about the olympics being a good investment. Sochi was not much of a city but now it has modern facilities which will be used long after this event is forgotten. Yes this is investing in ones country and it is a good investment. We in Michigan invested in good ice rinks and just look at how many of these skaters train in Michigan now. I do not know much about the history of the Sochi region but any genocide is a horrible crime in my book. The western media has been mostly terrible in their coverage of these games and always tries to cast Russia in a negative way..nothing new there but Russia just laughs it off like it should. Tom is a typical western media mouthpiece..who never misses the chance to put down Russia and Armenia but like when was the last time you heard him say anything about the American indians or the Palastinians or....he is like watching cnn or snbc or cbs or fox news or...one sided, biased, misleading,... God forbid we should talk about the sporting events going on in the olympics in a thread under the sports section no lets talk genocide and do more Russia bashing...pretty sick stuff but hey some people are hardwired to be sick and nothing else.
                      In case anyone is interested in the actual sporting events...there were great performances in ice dancing today with new personal and all time high scores being set. Ok now you can resume your hatemongering
                      I can definitely respect those views. It's one thing to debate whether the spending on the olympics was justified, but its a different matter to debate whether Genocide of a people its acceptable.

I think the media campaign against Russia has been hard to miss. I find a little ridiculous that gay rights are suddenly so important to Mr. Obama who until 2010 was against gay marriage. But suddenly at the exact magical moment the support for gay marriage passed 50 percent in 2010, Obama's views suddenly flipped, or evolved as Mr. Biden says.

Getting back to the Circassians or Chechens, I don't doubt their pretty messed up people today, having turned the Chechen national aspiration into a sick and twised islamic fantasy, or that they've killed plenty of Armenians in the past 150 years. But I don't think this changes the fact that the fact that the Olympics are being hosted on the land they were killed on is a little insulting. Imagine if Turkey got to host the Olympics and got to do it in Van, and imagine Armenians were much weaker than we are today, and we weren't able to let a soul in the world know. I don't think it would too hot of a feeling.

Getting back to the sports aspect of it, the US-Russia hockey game was very entertaining, and I hope they play again. Russia is surpassing all expectations and has taken first place in the medal count. I think its gonna be a race between Russia and the US. Norway was projected to finish first but is starting to fall behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X